The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #101
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

I really hope the next time Stockman and Hob meet is in the Mayor's office to discuss the creation of Mutant Town, and have to keep their interaction civil while dying to lunge at each other's throat.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #102
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I really hope the next time Stockman and Hob meet is in the Mayor's office to discuss the creation of Mutant Town, and have to keep their interaction civil while dying to lunge at each other's throat.
That'd be fantastic... but Hob's a terrorist. I doubt Stockman can meet with him and not tank his administration.

Old Hob is at the top of the Most Wanted List now... Bishop and Stockman both are gonna be gunning for him... which might mean a shady alliance with Null?

But regardless of what happens, a Hob/Stockman showdown has been a long, LONG time coming.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #103
daggio
Foot Soldier

Even tho they've been doing things together albeit superficially, maybe we are about to have a 4kids style partnership between Baxter and Bishop from this point forward.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #104
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That'd be fantastic... but Hob's a terrorist. I doubt Stockman can meet with him and not tank his administration.

Old Hob is at the top of the Most Wanted List now... Bishop and Stockman both are gonna be gunning for him... which might mean a shady alliance with Null?

But regardless of what happens, a Hob/Stockman showdown has been a long, LONG time coming.
Yeah, Hob isn’t going to be able to negotiate with anyone. And unfortunately neither are the rest of the Mutanimals. Just thinking out loud, if they did plea bargain to give Hob to the police maybe they could save themselves with a little coaxing from April on the new Mayor.

Thing is, most of those new mutants are passionate Stockman supporters. He’d look pretty bad if he didn’t work to protect them. I’m guessing he’ll advocate for their protection while his lab works on a cure, while also hunting down the terrorist Mutanimals. Null might indeed play a role here. Portraying itself as a defender for Mutants against the EPF while also giving them career opportunities. Which the Turtles and Mutanimals and April May cringe against but...they need support to protect their rights and give people a sense they still have a future. And there’s simply no way to defend Hob’s actions, either to the government or people whose lives he just permanently marred. I mean, we really need to sell just how bad what Hob did here. If we’re going to look down on Shredder or Null for mutating helpless animals against their will we can’t pretend what he did was “tough choices for tough times.” It was evil, and I think he just destroyed the last bit of good will he had with much of the family he had formed. I’ve said it before, Hob, fundamentally, is angry and looking for ways to lash out at the world violently. He damages every chance he has to move out of the alley he was dumped in as a cat.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 09-27-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Yeah, Hob isn’t going to be able to negotiate with anyone. And unfortunately neither are the rest of the Mutanimals. Just thinking out loud, if they did plea bargain to give Hob to the police maybe they could save themselves with a little coaxing from April on the new Mayor.

Thing is, most of those new mutants are passionate Stockman supporters. He’d look pretty bad if he didn’t work to protect them. I’m guessing he’ll advocate for their protection while his lab works on a cure, while also hunting down the terrorist Mutanimals. Null might indeed play a role here. Portraying itself as a defender for Mutants against the EPF while also giving them career opportunities. Which the Turtles and Mutanimals and April May cringe against but...they need support to protect their rights and give people a sense they still have a future. And there’s simply no way to defend Hob’s actions, either to the government or people who’s lives he just permanently marred. I mean, we really need to sell just how bad what Hob did here. If we’re going to look down on Shredder or Null for mutating helpless animals against their will we can’t pretend what he did was “tough choices for tough times.” It was evil, and I think he just destroyed the last bit of good will he had with much of the family he had formed. I’ve said it before, Hob, fundamentally, is angry and looking for ways to lash out at the world violently. He damages every chance he has to move out of the alley he was dumped in as a cat.
That was a delightful read. I think you're spot on the money here.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord

So we know Hob will be on the Turtles and the other Mutanimals "bad guy list" now, but what about Man Ray? Unlike all the other Mutanimals, he shows no problem with what Hob is doing.

Do you think the Turtles and other Mutanimals will turn on Ray?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:37 PM   #107
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So we know Hob will be on the Turtles and the other Mutanimals "bad guy list" now, but what about Man Ray? Unlike all the other Mutanimals, he shows no problem with what Hob is doing.

Do you think the Turtles and other Mutanimals will turn on Ray?
Man-Rat showed some desire to share the plans with the others, but he went along with it. Unless there’s some indication that the bomb did something other than what he thought it was, yes, he shares culpability.

My guess is that Hob, Ray and ever loyal soldier Herman end up on their own after this. Lindsey has to feel betrayed, Sally has already shown a distaste for Hob’s methods and tendency to keep things from the group. Besides, we can see the look of horror on her face, as well as Pete, Mondo and Raph’s. I can’t imagine Seymour being on board with this. How it all hashes out I’m not sure, whether Sally leads the break off faction or they simply join thebTurtles or Purple Dragons, or try to vanish into the new mutant population.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:44 PM   #108
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I want to see the girl who was his companion see him and realize who Hob is. The fact she did not want to give him up would open up an emotional moment and give Hob an opportunity for a redemption.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 09-27-2019 at 07:04 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #109
neatoman
Emperor

Hob was never really a good person to begin with. He's not exactly rotten to the core, that's why he managed to get on the Turtles' good side and and why he managed to build up trust amongst the Mutanimals, but the core still ain't pretty. Underneath the talk about Mutants standing strong together, he's really just an angry thug who needs to lash out at someone else because he refuses to introspect.

For example, when Splinter clawed out his eye it was pretty clearly just a defensive animal instinct, but Hob still chose to target him for revenge thus teaming up with Stockman. No need to tell where that lead him...

He's very self-destructive and even trying to be a good guy leads to him doing horrible things.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:34 PM   #110
CyberCubed
Overlord

Raph definitely won't trust him again after this, guess him working with Hob was extremely short-lived.

It's also too bad Leatherhead isn't here, I remember them saying he would play some role in City at War but there's only 2 issues left. If he does appear it probably won't be much more than mutant crowd control.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #111
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Raph definitely won't trust him again after this, guess him working with Hob was extremely short-lived.

It's also too bad Leatherhead isn't here, I remember them saying he would play some role in City at War but there's only 2 issues left. If he does appear it probably won't be much more than mutant crowd control.
I could actually see him becoming something of a cult leader. It’s easy to imagine their will be plenty of “self loathing” mutants coming out of this. Plus one could argue some of his fears seem to be coming true from his perspective (I feel like I like IDW Leatherhead as a character and sympathize with his motives more than some people).

Quote:
Thanks! I aim to please.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 09-27-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 PM   #112
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Its very possible he will appear, after all Bebop, Rocksteady, and Anchovy are set to appear in either 99 or 100 after all this time, when many (myself included) thought they would appear earlier.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:16 PM   #113
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

With so many players on the board, I really hope this whole thing will end with a massive brawl involving all the factions. If Karai and Bishop never butt heads, especially after she usurped his uneasy ally from the Triceraton invasion, I'll be very disappointed at the wasted opportunity. The solicit for #99 seems to imply that it's the end of the road for Metalhead, but maybe Bishop lives on to fight in #100. I mean, he just got his hands on two new (literally) huge assets... No way he'll bow out of the war that easily. Maybe that's the move the Turtles pull in #100: pitting their two most powerful enemies against each other. Again.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #114
CyberCubed
Overlord

Karai and Bishop's arcs are running independently from each other it's hard to believe they're in the same story arc. Like the Turtles are dealing with two problems at once but they're oddly isolated from one another.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:33 PM   #115
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Karai and Bishop's arcs are running independently from each other it's hard to believe they're in the same story arc. Like the Turtles are dealing with two problems at once but they're oddly isolated from one another.
Yep. Realistically, Bishop should be all up in her business given how she has six mutants (Ocho isn't a mutant but Bishop doesn't know that) working for her, and two of them even have a history with the EPF and are known to be particularly dangerous. Not to mention how she took out Splinter, whose usefulness to Bishop might not had run out just yet. On her end, Karai wouldn't take kindly at all to another potential rival, and a "freak" to boot, trying to get in her way.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:08 PM   #116
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And also far more assertive. He ain't no pushover.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:06 AM   #117
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
But by the time you get out of hell, you're gonna be a good guy, helping the turtles
Iam fighing the demons in hell and will fight and kill the turtles! me good?! Never!! I will be a zombie or demon like in the 2012 and 2003 series that what happend after they defeated my utrom and human form. And as a zombie or demon iwill destroy them once and for all!!
Old 09-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #118
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And also far more assertive. He ain't no pushover.
Neither is she. I'm not too scared of G-man types, but I am terrified of a stone-cold ninja killer with a cursed sword that's driving her slowly(?) insane and a demon mole, among other things, at her beck and call. Assuming Bishop had that whole 50's mentality ingrained in him by his father, it would be funny to see him exhibit shades of misogyny towards Karai during a confrontation, only to have her end up with her sword pointed at his mouth. His real one.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:26 PM   #119
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
With so many players on the board, I really hope this whole thing will end with a massive brawl involving all the factions. If Karai and Bishop never butt heads, especially after she usurped his uneasy ally from the Triceraton invasion, I'll be very disappointed at the wasted opportunity. The solicit for #99 seems to imply that it's the end of the road for Metalhead, but maybe Bishop lives on to fight in #100. I mean, he just got his hands on two new (literally) huge assets... No way he'll bow out of the war that easily. Maybe that's the move the Turtles pull in #100: pitting their two most powerful enemies against each other. Again.
And now apparently with Manhattan with mutants, Bishop and the EPF are probably gonna have a lot work ahead of them closing off the island. Its gonna be the TMNT version of Escape from New York, with I guess Hob playing the role of Snake Plissken and maybe Baxter being the Duke