The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 AM   #141
Powder
So tired of this place

Those are indeed nice but statues aren't my thing. Besides, a one of a kind commission from Stan beats any other product!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #142
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Man someone needs to sell cast of that antarctic Usagi head. It would make for a great alternate head for the nick figure.
Yo....I'm already trying to figure out if I can put mine on the new Nick body. I think I wanna buy another one just in case I mess up. There's actually 3 versions that I know of.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #143
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Are the XL turtles the same as the earlier 12 inch basic ones? You can see them in the background of some pics/videos.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #144
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Are the XL turtles the same as the earlier 12 inch basic ones? You can see them in the background of some pics/videos.
No they are different. It's Playmates attempt to ride on the Titan figures Marvel does, the almost Barbie sized figures with 5PoA. But the Turtles looks super weird and stretched out.

It kinda looks like they are reusing the Giant Turtles head, but the bodies are new.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #145
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Those look super lame.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #146
BYWInsaniac
Thug

re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Looks like they fixed the problem with the head sitting to high on the neck. I'm picking this guy up for sure now.
I also like how they tweaked the way the swords are attached to the belt. It looks really fat and awkward in the publicity photo they released.

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #147
Rocksteady21
Random Punk

Emailed playmates about hsh karai,pigeon pete and monkey brains. The reply was they are not being made so they are cancelled
Rocksteady21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:01 PM   #148
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

The new Titans style line would be perfect for Playmates to finally give us Traag and Granitor. I imagine a Kraang Prime would work out decently too, if not a bit flat. Of course, Playmates probably won't bother.

As for the repaints the basic line, what are they doing? I'm not opposed to repaints, but the color choices are perplexing. They could be doing homages or show relevant variants. Shredder has numerous past incarnations that they could draw from. Multi-color Footbots based on the games. A clear blue Mutagen Man for his frozen status on the show. A Merdude homage for Fishface?

And somehow still no Kraang variants? We should have had a blue Kraang years ago. A jetpack Kraang would be another cheap variant. The lack of Kraang figures in the basic line is a joke. They were primary antagonists throughout most of the show and we still only have a single mediocre figure.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:43 AM   #149
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post

And somehow still no Kraang variants? We should have had a blue Kraang years ago. A jetpack Kraang would be another cheap variant. The lack of Kraang figures in the basic line is a joke. They were primary antagonists throughout most of the show and we still only have a single mediocre figure.
Yeah, I'd love to see more creativity with the Kraang!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:37 AM   #150
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
No they are different. It's Playmates attempt to ride on the Titan figures Marvel does, the almost Barbie sized figures with 5PoA. But the Turtles looks super weird and stretched out.

It kinda looks like they are reusing the Giant Turtles head, but the bodies are new.
jeez more crap from Playmates. how many more time are they gonna use those damn head sculpts from the basic figures
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:27 AM   #151
Reigner
Thug

Its not surprising TBH. The Hasbro 5 PoA Titan figures are huge sellers for them and its why they keep being made. Kids love "big toys" and at $10 theyre easy sales for grandparent and parents to give their kids something to lliterally bang around, or take in the tub. Why wouldnt Playmates capitalize.
Reigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #152
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
The new Titans style line would be perfect for Playmates to finally give us Traag and Granitor. I imagine a Kraang Prime would work out decently too, if not a bit flat. Of course, Playmates probably won't bother.

As for the repaints the basic line, what are they doing? I'm not opposed to repaints, but the color choices are perplexing. They could be doing homages or show relevant variants. Shredder has numerous past incarnations that they could draw from. Multi-color Footbots based on the games. A clear blue Mutagen Man for his frozen status on the show. A Merdude homage for Fishface?

I have said it all along, if there has been an injustice in this toy line is the missed opportunities they have had, especially with the Kraang. But the Foot bad guy vehicles that could use existing turtle vehicles and a huge lack of aliens, humans, and mutants besides the title characters. Creep got cancelled due to not being the right size.

So where is the repainted Mondo Gecko?

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #153
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 AM   #154
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
jeez more crap from Playmates. how many more time are they gonna use those damn head sculpts from the basic figures
say what you will. but they're probaily gonna sell well. as someone mention before, big figures of The basic 12inch variety do sell well. from hasbro's marvel to mattel's DC. they will be perfect to fit in with the 12inch line.

secretly i hope for jumbo 12inch monster turtles....

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:55 AM   #155
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
say what you will. but they're probaily gonna sell well. as someone mention before, big figures of The basic 12inch variety do sell well. from hasbro's marvel to mattel's DC. they will be perfect to fit in with the 12inch line.

secretly i hope for jumbo 12inch monster turtles....
Must be selling well in places other than where I live. Stock never moves in any single store I have ever been in (outside of the Ant-Man I bought once to use as a Giant Man).