The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #401
Vegita-San
Emperor

horrible..

'he was a beacon of hope'

no he wasn't. it looks like the world was full of zombies who worshiped him in the last one, and all he did was go around destroying crap. batman included. he doesn't deserve all that praise based on what we saw onscreen.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #402
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why are they doing their best to hide Superman in all these promotions when we all know he's in it?
Maybe he's kidnapped by the antagonists, and his friends must save him?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #403
raph27
Mad Scientist

I felt weird watching that trailer. Like that it should be more exciting to me, but there just wasn't enough previous build-up. And while there were some cool shots in this trailer, lots of it just looked too fake to me. Cyborg still looks like a video game cutscene.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #404
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I felt weird watching that trailer. Like that it should be more exciting to me, but there just wasn't enough previous build-up. And while there were some cool shots in this trailer, lots of it just looked too fake to me. Cyborg still looks like a video game cutscene.
pretty much this.

as the Mads Podcast stated, it's all stuff we've seen before. it doesn't really look fresh or exciting or well designed. it's just kind of...been there, done that.

and lack of good movies before with no build up....plus borg looking cyborg and ugh.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #405
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

looks like the amazons will be in the movie. The way I see it, they won't get a lot of screen time

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #406
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I just watched the SDCC trailer and it made me hype though not as much as some of the BvS trailers and I'm still not as hyped as I was with BvS. It'll be hard to get used to this Flash after having TV Barry who is good, I'd love it if we actually got an amazing flash but I'm guessing this one will be "ok" at best.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #407
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Well, on the one hand, this is absolutely not the way I think Justice League should have been handled. I think they're paying for mistakes in Batman V Superman, because they also have to resurrect Superman and nobody has faith in reimaging Green Lantern.

That said. I'll still watch it. I like Wonder Woman and Batman enough to go see this in theaters and be excited, and Aquaman is pretty a'ight, too. (I still protest the Khal Drogo of the Seas look, though.)
Old 07-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #408
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I just watched the SDCC trailer and it made me hype though not as much as some of the BvS trailers and I'm still not as hyped as I was with BvS. It'll be hard to get used to this Flash after having TV Barry who is good, I'd love it if we actually got an amazing flash but I'm guessing this one will be "ok" at best.
Right out of the gate they're getting Barry wrong. He's not the "kid" in the JL. He's the peer of everyone on it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #409
sdp
Megan Fox = April

To me Barry was always a father figure/older experienced one, he seemed that way in Super Friends, the 90s show and flashbacks in the comics. Of course that's because I also grew up with Wally West as the Flash, and he could be the "kid" since he wasn't Barry.

That's why I've never loved CW's Barry since he is too "kid" for me while his origin already had him as a scientist.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #410
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well, on the one hand, this is absolutely not the way I think Justice League should have been handled. I think they're paying for mistakes in Batman V Superman, because they also have to resurrect Superman and nobody has faith in reimaging Green Lantern.

That said. I'll still watch it. I like Wonder Woman and Batman enough to go see this in theaters and be excited, and Aquaman is pretty a'ight, too. (I still protest the Khal Drogo of the Seas look, though.)
I don't understand why holding back on Green Lantern. Hal is a layered character. Just need to skip through his complex origin.

I do agree about Game of Throne king being morphed into Aquaman. I much prefer the classic clean shaven blonde in Orange and dark green. The "pirate look" is too forceful in trying to go from a precieved whip to a supposed badass in appearance. If anything he should have been required to go blonde.

It appears the film is giving it all in one film. Aquaman only really has two enemies, Black Manta and Ocean Master. Moana confirms Ocean Master will also be involved. Here is a good question, does Aquaman have anyone else in his rogues gallery outside of those two of any long-time notoriety? As old as the Aquaman character is he deserves better opposition.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...ontent=link_57
Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #411
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I don't understand why holding back on Green Lantern. Hal is a layered character. Just need to skip through his complex origin.
Complex origin? Alien crashes, gives Hal a ring, dies. Done.

Though I don'y know that we need to see his origin happening in real time. We can have a seasoned Hal Jordan just show up. The origin stuff we can get in the GLC movie when he recruits John.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #412
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ju...202502433/amp/

This is the best part:

Quote:
Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #413
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (EXCLUSIVE)

This is the best part:
That is ridiculous.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #414
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

This is the best part:
That's pretty funny.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #415
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

This is the best part:
Now I'm imaging a Superman with a Marioesque mustache and I never want to stop
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #416
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The more I think about it, the more I feel bad for Snyder. He doesn't get the chance to redeem himself for BvS. If JL is well received, it will be attributed to Whedon's involvement. If JL is hated, it will be attributed to Snyder's prior involvement.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #417
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The more I think about it, the more I feel bad for Snyder. He doesn't get the chance to redeem himself for BvS. If JL is well received, it will be attributed to Whedon's involvement. If JL is hated, it will be attributed to Snyder's prior involvement.
Catch 22. I wonder what Snyder's next film project will be... I'm thinking a smaller personal project more along the lines of Sucker Punch?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #418
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why does Synder have to direct anything again? His only hit film was 300.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #419
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why does Synder have to direct anything again? His only hit film was 300.
Because, and I'm just assuming here, because the man likes having a paycheck and staying busy.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #420
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Because, and I'm just assuming here, because the man likes having a paycheck and staying busy.
He's already a millionaire, and old directors are usually kicked to the curb after awhile or a number of bombs.

Not everyone can be Steven Spielberg and make movies your entire life.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote