The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2021, 06:09 PM   #101
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I found 4 Leos, 1 Don and 1 Raph at my store in the Midwest today. Don has minor bubble dent, Raph has a majorly smashed bubble and bent card like someone got it damaged in shipping and returned it. Got em anyway (got 2 Leo). They were stocked near the back of the figure aisle sort of across from the MOTU only further back past Star Wars.

If anyone sees this and for some reason has a Mike to trade for a Leo please DM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #102
Dangv
Mouser

I've been trying to get these for weeks. It is impossible to find a Leo or Don around here. Whenever they have some in stock it's only one and they are gone by the time I arrive at the store. Hopefully they will be in stock soon
Dangv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #103
kizer17
Thug

I'm not sure why these are so hard to find. Either Walmart is just doing a horrid job stocking these, which is very possible or people are just extra dumb during the COVID seasons and buying up all the stock to sell as scalpers, which I feel like they didn't do for playmates figures just a couple of years ago. I thought it was just NECA that was hard to find.
kizer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:21 AM   #104
Shortfuse
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangv View Post
I've been trying to get these for weeks. It is impossible to find a Leo or Don around here. Whenever they have some in stock it's only one and they are gone by the time I arrive at the store. Hopefully they will be in stock soon
It's hard to find them in the UK as well - haven't seen them in Asda but I hope they come out soon.

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:11 AM   #105
Dangv
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer17 View Post
I'm not sure why these are so hard to find. Either Walmart is just doing a horrid job stocking these, which is very possible or people are just extra dumb during the COVID seasons and buying up all the stock to sell as scalpers, which I feel like they didn't do for playmates figures just a couple of years ago. I thought it was just NECA that was hard to find.
That is absolutely happening and Walmart allows it to happen too. I see Leo on the Walmart website being sold by a scalper. That person constantly has one in stock for $40. I refuse to pay that.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:26 PM   #106
Dangv
Mouser

This morning the Walmart website showed there was a Leo in stock near me. There were none but they did have a party wagon! I already gave up on that one to be honest. So I'm happy I was lucky enough to find it. The Walmart website and Brickseek don't seem to be very accurate.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #107
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer17 View Post
Either Walmart is just doing a horrid job stocking these...buying up all the stock to sell as scalpers
Both.

Though at least I doubt any wannabe scalpers in my area can get them either. (How sad for them! lol) I've looked at the price stickers and haven't seen any spot where I could have just missed it, so I think my store is just really, really bad as usual.

I've even been checking the collectables area, because (though it might almost sorta make sense in this case) my store is dumb like that sometimes. (No really, someone this summer once stocked Baby Shark theme toy vacuum cleaners in the vacuum aisle.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:43 PM   #108
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

I found Donatello in a store last ditch effort after I pretty much gave up hope finding anything I was looking for when there in the toy aisle 2 of them just sitting on the peg.

I bought both of them, traded one for Leonardo. And had a deal for Michelangelo and Raphael but due to a misunderstanding I wound up with another Donatello.

Luckily later in the day I got a message about someone wanting to trade my Donatello for Michelangelo. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have all 4 and can work on finding the Party Wagon. I was hyped for the blimp too until I saw the2014 glider Playmates phoning it in as normal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_1003652776870605.jpg (17.8 KB, 27 views)
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:50 AM   #109
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I forget where I saw it but I read they were touting a 9/1 release. So I went on a hunt last night. Sure enough 2 of the 3 walmarts I checked had pallets of the new toys to stock overnight sitting out and had the TMNT boxes on them. I saw 3 "cases" each of Mike and Raph and 1 "case" of Leo. I put case in quotes because each case only holds 2 figures. I yoinked them off the pallets and opened them in an aisle and got what I wanted!

I am going to check some more today but might be too late as it will be later.

I now have an extra Leo I could trade someone, I need another Don to open.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:54 AM   #110
Zachatello00
Domehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I forget where I saw it but I read they were touting a 9/1
Any idea if that includes the van? That’s the only thing I want.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:49 AM   #111
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Any idea if that includes the van? That’s the only thing I want.
I just found another post on Facebook from yesterday that says "tomorrow" and it only mentions the figures. (The original thing I saw explicitly said 9/1 but I think it was also just talking figures)
Old 09-03-2021, 09:53 PM   #112
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant

I found the Turtle Van earlier this morning before work. They only had 1 and the box was a bit beat up but that’s ok. They also had 1 Mike and 4 of the Leo vs Rocksteady Packs but I passed….already have the TRU Classic Collection of the 4 Turtles.

What’s interesting here is that this Walmart was one where I found via the app that they had 1 available for store pickup which I did but it was canceled a few hours late. And it didn’t show in stock but they showed Mike with 1 left so I checked and found the van. Worth checking if you see the Turtles in stock online at a particular location.
TMNTFanatic4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:53 PM   #113
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mike and Raph are back in stock on the Walmart website.

Mike: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383

Raphael: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:35 AM   #114
MegaPrime33
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Mike and Raph are back in stock on the Walmart website.

Mike: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383

Raphael: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Clas...mpaign_id=9383
These are from a third party though, at those prices. Not the 12 bucks that WM sells them for.

I've been dying to get my hands on the party wagon for a while now with nothing in site.
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:15 AM   #115
LincolnHawk
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaPrime33 View Post
These are from a third party though, at those prices. Not the 12 bucks that WM sells them for.

I've been dying to get my hands on the party wagon for a while now with nothing in site.
they were direct from walmart when he posted the links, now it's showing 3rd party
Old 09-08-2021, 07:34 AM   #116
easyemoney
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
they were direct from walmart when he posted the links, now it's showing 3rd party
Yup I was able to pick up the 3 for $12 each when he posted them
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #117
MegaPrime33
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyemoney View Post
Yup I was able to pick up the 3 for $12 each when he posted them
Sweet. I'm still hunting down that van and really don't want to pay the ebay prices.
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:16 PM   #118
Dangv
Mouser

I finally got my hands on a Leo. All I need now is a Donatello and I'll have the complete set.

Any news on more releases from the classic line? Having them on the original cards is pretty cool honestly. I just hope that if they release more they will look better than those 6 figure sets released earlier this year.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #119
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangv View Post
Any news on more releases from the classic line? Having them on the original cards is pretty cool honestly. I just hope that if they release more they will look better than those 6 figure sets released earlier this year.
Not yet, but I have a feeling that Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and the Foot Soldier on their original cards will be on Walmart pegs again soon.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #120
Btown
Hench Mutant

Really need to get my hands on Mikey retro line. I have the other 3 turtles and shredder from previous releases and have wanted to find Mikey in store for years now