The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #1161
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Rich, I want the book, I'm not looking for a refund. And I have absolute no beef with you. It's just absurd that you have to be involved in order for anyone to get their books. Andrew ****ed up. My beef is with him and with the people on here defending him. I'm not saying he's a bad person, I don't know him. I have a problem with him as someone taking people's money in return for a product that was mismanaged from the first word he wrote on a page until now. How much money he needed to create and ship these books should have been figured out before starting a crowdfunding campaign, and he failed. That's my problem. Again, I appreciate what YOU are doing.
Fair enough. Like I said, I understand the frustration.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #1162
funatic
Mad Scientist

Your plan looks on point rich. Glad to see this undertaking in capable hands! Great idea to have the remaining art fund some general shipping, I hope you get to keep a page or two as a reward for all your hard work on this!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #1163
CyberCubed
Overlord

More importantly I hope rich doesn't make too much of a loss from spending his own money to get these books to him and then ship them out. Hopefully whatever extra art pieces he sells will give him back whatever the expenses are.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #1164
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Apologies for the double post but...I have a lot of info. to share.

TMNT ODYSSEY SHIPPING INITIATIVE Update:

I plan to be sending out an information email very soon to all backers that will detail how things are going to work. This plan should hopefully meet the needs and wants of everyone that backed this project. Here's what I'm planning for this shipping initiative. Feel free to let me know your thoughts or ask any questions before I send this out to all backers sometime this coming week.

There are going to be four phases to the TMNT Odyssey shipping initiative:

- PHASE 1 - IMMEDIATE SHIPPING OF TMNT ODYSSEY BOOKS (requires additional payment for actual shipping costs) - when I get the books in-hand (likely middle of this week) people that want their copy NOW and don't want to wait for PHASE 4 can pay the actual costs of shipping (varies by country) directly to me and I'll ship thier book immediately.

- PHASE 2 - TMNT ODYSSEY ORIGINAL ART PAGE DISTRIBUTION TO BACKERS - backers that pre-purchased TMNT Odyssey original art pages will get to select their art page. These backers can choose one of two options for shipping of their artwork: 1) Pay extra for the actual shipping costs and get the artwork (and Odyssey book) NOW or; 2) Pay nothing extra and wait on PHASE 3 to fund the PHASE 4 shipping of their artwork (and Odyssey book). PHASE 2 will begin when I have the remaining original art pages in-hand. I'm working on getting the art right now but I don't yet have an ETA on this. I'll be requesting those that backed an original art tier on Indiegogo or pre-purchased art via PayPal to send me any confirmation details about their purchase to ensure I have an accurate list of art backers / buyers. In addition, this confirmation will help me to determine artwork selection priority - backers/buyers will get to select their page(s) in order of when they bought or backed.

- PHASE 3 - TMNT ODYSSEY ORIGINAL ART PAGE SALES - after PHASE 2 backers have selected their artwork, all remaining art pages will be sold starting at $125 per page + Actual Shipping & Packaging Costs (TBD). All proceeds from PHASE 3 Art Page Sales will go towards funding the shipping costs of the remaining TMNT Odyssey books (PHASE 4).

- PHASE 4 - ONGOING SHIPPING OF TMNT ODYSSEY BOOKS AND ORIGINAL ART - as funds come in from PHASE 3, TMNT Odyssey books (and any reamining PHASE 2 art pages) will be shipped out based on date of purchase. Time frame for both the start and completion of this phase is not known since it totally relies on 1) getting the art pages in hand and 2) the quantity of art pages sold. I know some people have offered to privately contribute funds toward this phase through donations. However, in the interest of making sure everything is transparent with this initiative, I think it might be best to first see if PHASE 3 sales can meet the needs of PHASE 4 before we go that route...but I'm open to discussion on this.

As an added bonus, I'm providing links to the following items that can be downloaded. These links will also be provided in the email I'll send out to all backers.

TMNT Odyssey download (PDF) - the full TMNT Odyssey book

TMNT Odyssey Script download (PDF) - the script Andrew wrote for TMNT Odyssey; Jim Lawson and a few other artists used this script as their guide

Any thoughts? Questions?

When you get the artwork let me know and I will pay for shipping of my artwork and 2 books. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #1165
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
When you get the artwork let me know and I will pay for shipping of my artwork and 2 books. Thanks for your help.
PM sent for some info. Thx!

Old 03-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #1166
IamtheNorm
Foot Soldier

Is there anyway to determine the order of who gets to pick the art work? I think I was the second backer at that level.

IamtheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #1167
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheNorm View Post
Is there anyway to determine the order of who gets to pick the art work? I think I was the second backer at that level.
The only way I'll have to determine priority of artwork selection is by the date on which the artwork was backed / ordered. I'll be asking everyone that purchased artwork to send me the details of their purchase so I can set selection priority. First, however, I need to ensure I've accounted for everyone that bought art. All of this will be addressed in the email I send out this week to all backers.

As a side note, look what arrived in my mail today... Anyone else excited?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #1168
Jephael
That whack job behind you

See that, Jeff? Everything's working out, so...

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #1169
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wow, rich got the books faster than expected.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #1170
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wow, rich got the books faster than expected.
Let's celebrate by having a little fun. First Odyssey backer to guess (and post) the exact weight of the TMNT Odyssey book itself (in ounces... for example 1.1 oz.) gets this first one (shown below) mailed to them at my cost...anywhere in the world. GO!

Old 03-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #1171
Danakin
Foot Soldier

13.5 ounces
Danakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #1172
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

13.7 ounces
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #1173
CyberCubed
Overlord

13.2 ounces.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #1174
mrmaczaps
Banned

13.6 ounces
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #1175
mgambino
Foot Soldier

14.2 ounces
mgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #1176
rich
Mad Scientist

No one has it yet...

Old 03-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #1177
funatic
Mad Scientist

a perfect 10.0?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #1178
Danakin
Foot Soldier

My first guess was going to be 13.4.
Danakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #1179
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

If second guesses are allowed then I'll go with 14.7 ounces.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #1180
woregul
Random Punk

8.4 ounces
woregul is offline   Reply With Quote