The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2004, 04:56 PM   #21
Psycho Raph
Thug

It had its pros and it had its cons. The overall quality of the costumes and how they worked sucked. I mean, towards the beginning they puppetted Splinter for half of a sentence, then played the footage BACKWARDS while the words were still going in order to make it look like he was still talking. I guess this was to save money or something but it was a cheap cop-out!

It did have its cool parts though like them practicing at the beginning, some witty lines like "Tailor? We're naked!" and other stuff. It could've amounted to something cool. I didn't mind the English-speaking Japanese people because there was reason why they spoke English unlike a lot of corny alien movies where they spoke English but weren't even from Earth!

That, and it didn't randomly transform from a decent Turtle movie into a shoddy music video toward the end.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #22
kitsunepixie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
That's why I said I liked the samurai outfits. Not only do they look cool, they cover up those ghastly turtle costumes! Hehe. And yeah, I'm torn between Corey and Adam. Both sounded different, but both sounded good for Don! Eesh, there's my half and half again!
The guys looked awesome in their samurai costumes, and I agree that it did good to cover up those godawful puppets. Believe it or not, I first watched this movie last month when I bought the movie DVD set. I was expecting it to be mind-numbingly terrible, so at least I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I actually laughed a few times at the banality of it all.
kitsunepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:45 PM   #23
Tigershard
Hench Mutant

I like the third movie more than the second, but I think all three are good. The third had some really good plot areas that could have been expanded on more (Mike with the japanese chick, Raph with Yoshi). The most annoying part of the movie is April's personality. As the movies progress, she just gets worse and worse. By the third movie, all she does is insult everyone. They should have left her in Japan.
Tigershard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:48 PM   #24
Krangfan
Hench Mutant

The third movie is my least favorite, but it's still pretty good. The only REAL complaint I have is of the hideous costumes. BLAH!

Krang owns!
Krangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #25
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

It wasn't the worst movie ever or anything but it could have been much better.

Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #26
majesty329
Thug

I hated it because it was just bad, but I after re-watching the second movie again last month I hate it now too.
majesty329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #27
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

Once again I say, I like the third movie...the second is what I find to be nearly cringe worthy, but I still like it too.

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:06 PM   #28
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
Maybe I'm "stick-up-your-butt critical," 'cause I hated this one even as a kid. I sat down to watch it about a month ago -- at 6 am -- and couldn't even get through it without downing half a bottle of sake. It's awful. And if it hadn't already been reviewed on X-E, I'd probably...y'know what? I'm gonna review it anyway, damnit. Not a full review, but just enough to say "it sucks" about thirty times.

Thanks for giving me the conviction to do it, Mandi!
Wagh! Meanie! Just Kidding! Every one has the rights to their own opinions. ( marks off the days as they go by) Old Toon DVD is almost here!
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:39 PM   #29
Peanut
Second Gear

I loved it. Just like the other 2. I loved the turtles being outside in a sort of naturish enviroment rather than in the city all the time. I thought there were a lot of good jokes too. Only thing I disliked about the movie was the costumes and I didn't even mind those too much. Then there was Splinter...he's was horrible.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #30
Ashangelo
Hench Mutant

I love the third movie! I agree the costumes are horrendous but I still like it, I find it amusing I like it better then the second one.
Ashangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:58 AM   #31
Knight_man
Foot Soldier

Personally, I liked the third movie. It was a change of pace from the New York grittiness that was the other 2 movies.
Yes the costumes sucked but reasons are mauinly because of cost and trying to allow the actors inside to be able to perform with less obstruction to movement.... but yeah they could have done the outer appearance of the costumes a bit darker to hide the spots.

Good

Very little of New York
Fight sequences
Corey Feldman back
Very good cinematic takes
An introduction of a new villain (Walker)
Casey Back (Albeit only for a small part)
Lots of comedy

Bad
Splinter. (nuff said...)
The costumes (how they looked.)
Not enough "Casey"
April could have been better
Not very good comedy
No "Henson" puppeteering
Old 04-16-2004, 10:25 PM   #32
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

It was good to have Corey Feldman and Elias Koteas back. What really would have made the movie rawk would be for Judith Hoag to come back as our favorite reporter.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:02 AM   #33
TournamentFightersOwns
Random Punk

TMNT 3

TMNT 3 isn't "bad"..per se,it's just like people have said. Lower quality costumes,weird storyline,etc. Then again,by '93 TMNT was losing steam,so i believe they kinda rushed the film out to theaters to help "revive" the franchise a bit. I do happen to enjoy it,and I agree with some of the other "good" points mentioned{Feldman's return,Casey's return,etc.},so it's not as bad as some make it out to be. It just wasn't as "gritty" as TMNT 1 was and it didnt at least follow up the storyline as TMNT 2 did. Hey,what else can I say? It's a "mixed bag",a "double-edged sword",and a matter of one's opinion.
TournamentFightersOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:05 AM   #34
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Ahem....let's not forget to point out that in Turtles 3 they actually USE their weapons!!!

Not to mention that killer shot of Raph throwing his sai into the Bow and Arrow.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:53 AM   #35
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo
Ahem....let's not forget to point out that in Turtles 3 they actually USE their weapons!!!

Not to mention that killer shot of Raph throwing his sai into the Bow and Arrow.
hey in 2, raph at least got to hold them hehe

and don got to use his bo. whoopie do tho...

a few things are slightly worth watching in 3. the katas were cool...especially when Raph throws his sai into the wall.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #36
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I really enjoyed the soundtrack to TMNT 3. I think that's part of what makes a movie great. The toys for movie three are cool too. Especially the one with april. I'm just glad they didn't make the fourth movie they were planning.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #37
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
Banned

What happened to correy fieldman in part 2? I loved corey fieldman as don he was funny. but in part 2 they made don into more of a technical genius (which is what he is in the old school and modern turtles cartoons).

Was the 4th movie going to be around the next mutation one? That is what tvtome for next mutation said. What was the 4th going to be about????? What was the plot for the 4th that never was????
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #38
J Legault
Mad Scientist

I think about this type of topic alot.

I like the 3rd as much as the 2nd and Original.

It seems the movies I enjoy are the ones people hate the most.
Maybe it's cause I'm one of those people that aren't too sterotype like for movies.

I know the movie could of done better, I was woundering why the costumes were different, until I found out the Hensen Company didn't do it so that answers my question.

So what if it's off the subject from the comics. Back then Laird didn't had full control of the TMNT series. Since today he has full control on it now.

But I don't care if it did porly I still like the 3rd movie.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #39
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior

i like them all because there turtles but heres how it goes
first movie - i can watch over and over and its always great
2nd movie - good not as good as the first but not horrid
3rd movie - ehh story not that bad costums and voices and some of the coments like don saying shawing(sp?) bring it down but i can only watch it if its on (like someone else puts it on or its on tv) just cant bring myself to turn it on , if do it only last like 5 min befor i cant take it

"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:52 PM   #40
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
What happened to correy fieldman in part 2? I loved corey fieldman as don he was funny. but in part 2 they made don into more of a technical genius (which is what he is in the old school and modern turtles cartoons).

Was the 4th movie going to be around the next mutation one? That is what tvtome for next mutation said. What was the 4th going to be about????? What was the plot for the 4th that never was????
The fourth movie, slated to have the title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4, The next mutation was supposed to be a story about how the ooze continued to affect the turtles growth. Each one was going to get a sort of power from the ooze, including splinter.

Leonardo had the ability to harden his skin into an almost chrome like substance

Donatello had picked up some psi powers, but as a result was losing his eyesight, picking up an almost Daredevil ability to "see." But to fight it, he whipped up some sort of goggles that helped him see.

Raph and Splinter turned into these giant Turtle and Rat beasts at will.

Mike had the ability to morph into what ever he wanted. He was not going to be wearing his bandana and pads. He would be wearing human clothes as he could just morph into one to go topside.

While the idea had it's neat points, I'm glad overall that this wasn't pursued. The concept is way to Xmen to have worked for the TMNT. The Turtles rely on ninjitsu powers, not super powers.