The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #8641
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Insecure weirdos PMing me insisting I 'accept' something as canon when I don't want to.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:10 AM   #8642
Leo656
The Franchise

Do what I do, send 'em dick pics. That'll fix their wagon!

It's not mine, but they don't need to know. If they wanna think I have a goose penis, let 'em. The whole point of the exercise is that they never bother me again, and it's guaranteed to work!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #8643
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why does state stuff always have to be stupid and/or a fight..? Talking the unemployment in this case. Naturally, since the claim I entered for last week was beyond my benefit I can't have it for that week, but I entered it anyhow thinking if I skip a week they might close it. So of course, because it was too much, they close it anyhow. I know I probably should have gotten them on the phone, but was kind of running late on the time to get it submitted and good luck getting them on the phone.

I had hunted for quite a while for info on the situation where if you made too much one week but then would qualify for it the following week...what do you do? But of course for my state there is just no info about that. Chances are I'd qualify for it again for this week, but now I'll have to fight with them to get this thing reopened. And how many days will it take me to get a human being on the phone.... Grr.

If someone's unemployment is open for however many weeks... can't it just stay open for those weeks and simply skip paying out for any weeks you had earnings higher than your minimum? Or does that make too much sense.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #8644
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It's the government's way of trying to avoid paying people at all, of course.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:14 AM   #8645
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Not really a gear grinder per se, but had to put this somewhere. So, hubby is in the process of trying to qualify for a kidney transplant. He has had his first two interviews, via phone conference calls, and tomorrow will be going to Dallas for a CT to see if there are any problems that might bar him from getting it, like cysts, or whatever. We are very anxious, and I had wanted to go with him, but apparently my request to have off was either forgotten or simply denied, and I was never informed. Either way, it looks like I won't get to go with him to find out the results. Which sucks, because he is leaving today after his treatment, so I won't see him until tomorrow night. Going to be very nerve-wracking sitting at home all night, and being at work tomorrow without knowing what's going on.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #8646
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, what the heck... I really think any manager should be willing to cut someone a break when it comes to important family things like that. Eesh!

Best of luck and best wishes to you both. Hope the stress ends up well worth it and his scans turn out great.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #8647
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, update- his scan showed some sort of vascular issues in his lower abdomen, which may require surgery before he could have a transplant, and in addition, he is on hold for an open wound on the bottom of his amputated (half) foot. So, until those things are cleared up, it's a no-go.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:46 PM   #8648
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sorry to hear that. Was wondering yesterday how that all had turned out. Hope those hurdles don't take long to clear.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #8649
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

UPS Mail Innovations specifcally the USPS. I have a package of Comic Books coming and USPS Tracking hasn't updated in a week. Its just stuck on Accepted/Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending. So annoying
Old 06-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #8650
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Last week of the bonus "pandemic pay" so of course they cut back on hours, and this is of course when I'm being sent a lot of product I've been waiting to come so I can finally get a lot of the remaining missing stuff restocked finally post-lock down, so yeah, real nice... just barely able to make a dent in it. Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
UPS Mail Innovations specifcally the USPS. I have a package of Comic Books coming and USPS Tracking hasn't updated in a week. Its just stuck on Accepted/Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending. So annoying
If it's through eBay or some other third party I'd contact them soon, imo.

Last time that happened to me I'm not sure the seller even mailed my item. That's not to say they intentionally didn't, but I think sellers who mail out a lot can use a printed sheet that the post office scans that collectively checks in a lot of packages to save time? So maybe it was on that list, but not actually present? So yeah, I'd check on that.

edit: Netflix grind... that it can be sooo long between show seasons. I want to watch the new season of Dark, but that show was so complex, what with the time hopping and constant back and forth and a web of multiple characters involved with multiple versions of each of them in different time periods, that even watching a few recaps on YouTube didn't help, so I'm finding myself just rewatching the first two seasons again just to remember what the heck even happened. >.< lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-30-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #8651
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

If it's through eBay or some other third party I'd contact them soon, imo.

Last time that happened to me I'm not sure the seller even mailed my item. That's not to say they intentionally didn't, but I think sellers who mail out a lot can use a printed sheet that the post office scans that collectively checks in a lot of packages to save time? So maybe it was on that list, but not actually present? So yeah, I'd check on that.
I bought them from a comic shop in new york which I have used 5 other times. UPS claims it can take up to 10 days before usps gets it or something like that. Its never taken this long
Old 07-01-2020, 10:34 AM   #8652
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Huh. Good luck then, I hope it shows up or updates soon. Maybe this whole pandemic stuff is still slowing shipping down in some cases?
Old 07-12-2020, 11:30 AM   #8653
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Grinding my gears- no game group for the time being, as our apartment manager has informed us that a resident here has been confirmed with Covid and so visitors are highly discouraged until further notice. Going to be boring on Sundays for the next few weeks, it seems.

Old 07-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #8654
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I really kind of hate the USPS system out of Jersey. I order something next door, from only 80 miles away, so it's close and will be here in a few days, but of course, as has happened before, it just disappears and only offers me a vague "in transit" message, having once stated it was arriving late and there is no longer a delivery date. Ugh. (edit: That damn Jersey City Distribution Center. Pretty sure I've had things get tied up for days at that place before. Wtf is their problem there.) Should have ordered from FL or whatever, I'd have probably gotten it by now.

Bonus grind... when I can't get to my shipment at one of my stores because anymore they just love to use huge pallets of bottled water to create an impenetrable wall blocking that entire row of shelves where my stuff happens to be. Frigging BJ's... Bad enough two more boxes are expected to arrive tomorrow and our hours are very little lately, so that'll get me backed up real nice and unable to handle it all I'm sure.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-13-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #8655
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Google Play Music is going away this year. When I went from my Windows 7 to Chromebook I lost Itunes for GPM. Now I lose GPM cause they want people to use youtube music. I Checked out YM and I don't like it. Guess I will use Amazon Music from now on
Old 07-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #8656
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Do what I do, send 'em dick pics. That'll fix their wagon!

It's not mine, but they don't need to know. If they wanna think I have a goose penis, let 'em. The whole point of the exercise is that they never bother me again, and it's guaranteed to work!
I've never received a dick pick via PM from you.

And for this I am thankful.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #8657
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why do I feel like that's risking change... lol
Old 07-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #8658
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Grinding my gears as of late... I'm very paranoid about banking. I do it all in person, but because of Covid all the branches to my credit union are closed. We're supposed to NOW do it all online or at an ATM. Checked back in April when they closed and I have no ATM/debit card. So, I applied for one. Was supposed to get it in 30 days and there was a HUGE processing fee. Argh! Pisses me off. It's now July 15. Still haven't got it. And my wife has been paying all our bills since April and since we split the bills I owe her a bunch of dough.

Also, I found 4 NECA TMNT Mirage figures BRAND NEW on Ebay for $15... FREE SHIPPING from Hong Kong. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Everything seemed great! Ordered. And 5 days later (today) I am informed that the seller's profile/account has been suspended by ebay for "past fraudulent use." Now, the sale is still open but has yet to ship and I've already filed a claim to get my money back. Seller has 5 days to respond to my inquiries about what happened but since his account is closed he won't. Then ebay comes in and will return my $14.76. WTF. That is super depressing.

Also, in the last couple days, I've sent 2 'Dromers some visitor messages and PMs and I think they are ignoring me. Was it something I said? Or are they just busy? Are they mad at me or just busy? Oh well.

So, right now, life is just up in the air, as it is for most of us!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #8659
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, if those figures were shipping from Hong Kong, that and the price makes me think they were probably bootlegs, anyways.

I got nothin' for the other stuff though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:17 AM   #8660
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Grinding my gears as of late... I'm very paranoid about banking. I do it all in person, but because of Covid all the branches to my credit union are closed. We're supposed to NOW do it all online or at an ATM. Checked back in April when they closed and I have no ATM/debit card. So, I applied for one. Was supposed to get it in 30 days and there was a HUGE processing fee. Argh! Pisses me off. It's now July 15. Still haven't got it. And my wife has been paying all our bills since April and since we split the bills I owe her a bunch of dough.

Also, I found 4 NECA TMNT Mirage figures BRAND NEW on Ebay for $15... FREE SHIPPING from Hong Kong. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Everything seemed great! Ordered. And 5 days later (today) I am informed that the seller's profile/account has been suspended by ebay for "past fraudulent use." Now, the sale is still open but has yet to ship and I've already filed a claim to get my money back. Seller has 5 days to respond to my inquiries about what happened but since his account is closed he won't. Then ebay comes in and will return my $14.76. WTF. That is super depressing.

Also, in the last couple days, I've sent 2 'Dromers some visitor messages and PMs and I think they are ignoring me. Was it something I said? Or are they just busy? Are they mad at me or just busy? Oh well.

So, right now, life is just up in the air, as it is for most of us!
That sucks about the figures. I've tried to avoid those issues by only buying from high-rated sellers, even if it costs a little more. Hope you get your money back.

As to the pm's, they are probably just busy. Lately I haven't been on here as much myself, so it may be a day or two before I even notice if I have a pm, lol. Could be they just haven't noticed the pm yet.

My own gear grinder today.... Started off badly when hubby woke me at 3:55, because he accidentally set the alarm for 4:30 instead of 3:30. So i had to rush to get ready. Then i get to work, and there is already a line around the building. Yay. And then a guy walks up to order at the pickup window instead of coming inside, because his big rig won't fit in the drive through. He's done this twice now, even though I've told him both times to come inside to order if he's not in a vehicle. It's a safety violation, and we aren't allowed to serve walk ups in the drive through. But he acts like the rules don't apply to him just because the door wasn't unlocked yet- because we were busy and had not had a chance to go unlock it. And just a few minutes ago, while I was ordering for my break, a guy and two kids came in without masks, and he got huffy when told we couldn't serve them without one. Not our rule, pal, it's state mandate, and is posted on the door! Bunch of entitled idiots today.....

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 07-16-2020 at 06:25 AM.