The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #41
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
Ultimate foot soldier coming soon
Probably in Quarter 4 (Q4). October 1st to December 31st.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #42
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

This feels like the sore losers thread instead. Definitely not giving up. I?ve managed to get every figure or exclusive so far with not much hassle. It?s about being vigilant and persistent but it pays off. I don?t care if they release the Casey figure without his mask later on. I?ll get that one also. The figure I just got is really solid and great looking. Wouldn?t trade him for anything. Keep it up, NECA. I?ll always be a buyer of your products.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #43
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
NECA posted the attached image to Twitter today. I'll give them this, if they're still restocking B&R then that's awesome. It shows that they ARE genuinely trying to get the toys in people's hands. I still don't understand why they couldn't' just make more available from the get-go (or even the second/third restock) but if they keep producing these then that's great.
Good for them for posting this information. If they do stuff like this, then they've resolved a huge fan concern by giving actionable information.

Now the other fan concern should be from the retailers to make sure these things make to shelves versus employee scalpers.

But beyond that, I agree with another poster here who basically stated that a lot of the "feelings" in this thread is just butthurt kid ****.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:27 PM   #44
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
This feels like the sore losers thread instead. Definitely not giving up. I?ve managed to get every figure or exclusive so far with not much hassle. It?s about being vigilant and persistent but it pays off. I don?t care if they release the Casey figure without his mask later on. I?ll get that one also. The figure I just got is really solid and great looking. Wouldn?t trade him for anything. Keep it up, NECA. I?ll always be a buyer of your products.
you're kind of annoying, dude, and you sound like a shill. when a company treats their customers like ****, it's no surprise that their customers will want to go elsewhere.

you get really upset when other people don't like the things you like - you take it personally and lash out. "MORE FOR ME!" but when you don't like something (hint, it's not a NECA product), you're really vocal about it. pretty hypocritical. also, why do you give a **** if other grown adults aren't into the same toys you're into? i've tried, but i actually can't even empathize with your pov.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #45
Leo656
The Franchise

People fanboy over everything. I was like the first person to bitch about NECA's sh*tty distribution and all I got was yelled at. Now everybody sees it for what it is: Great products, sh*tty distribution.

MOST people have better sh*t to do than bounce around between a half-dozen stores every day, wasting gas and time, and inconveniencing friends and relatives by asking them to in turn "keep an eye out" when they also have better sh*t to do.

That's "being vigilant". Wasting a lot of time and energy on something that shouldn't be so goddamn complicated.

It's 2020. If I can't just go to Target or Wal-Mart right now and pull the set of my choosing off the shelf with no hassle, your distribution is sh*tty. If I likewise can't simply go on NECA's website whenever I want - NOT "Between 10am and 10:02am on the second Tuesday after St. Swiven's Day and only if it's a Leap Year" - and order whatever set I want, then your distribution is sh*tty.

Awesome toys. Great, even. But if you can't get them without "being persistent" - read "wasting a ton of time and energy on what is at the end of the day still an over-priced hunk of plastic that I should be able to just order at the push of a button because it's not the goddamn Dark Ages" - then the company putting them out there needs improvement.

Glad that some people have nothing better to do, and that some even managed to find them with no hassle. I live in one of the most densely-populated states in the country and have seen these things in person all of ONCE, and it was Wave One a year ago. Stores never know if they're getting them in or sometimes even if they carry them at all. Garbage.

Good for you if you have 'em, but it should NOT be such an ordeal. Not even close. I'm sure Playmates has something to do with it as usual, some kind of "You can only do This Many and only sell That Many at once" or something but it's still a bunch of nonsense. They're f*cking toys, not faberge eggs.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 06-30-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #46
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
People fanboy over everything. I was like the first person to bitch about NECA's sh*tty distribution and all I got was yelled at it. Now everybody sees it for what it is: Great products, sh*tty distribution.

MOST people have better sh*t to do than bounce around between a half-dozen stores every day, wasting gas and time, and inconveniencing friends and relatives by asking them to in turn "keep an eye out" when they also have better sh*t to do.

That's "being vigilant". Wasting a lot of time and energy on something that shouldn't be so goddamn complicated.

It's 2020. If I can't just go to Target or Wal-Mart right now and pull the set of my choosing off the shelf with no hassle, your distribution is sh*tty. If I likewise can't simply go on NECA's website whenever I want - NOT "Between 10am and 10:02am on the second Tuesday after St. Swiven's Day and only if it's a Leap Year" - and order whatever set I want, then your distribution is sh*tty.

Awesome toys. Great, even. But if you can't get them without "being persistent" - read "wasting a ton of time and energy on what is at the end of the day still an over-priced hunk of plastic that I should be able to just order at the push of a button because it's not the goddamn Dark Ages" - then the company putting them out there needs improvement.

Glad that some people have nothing better to do, and that some even managed to find them with no hassle. I live in one of the most densely-populated states in the country and have seen these things in person all of ONCE, and it was Wave One a year ago. Stores never know if they're getting them in or sometimes even if they carry them at all. Garbage.

Good for you if you have 'em, but it should NOT be such an ordeal. Not even close. I'm sure Playmates has something to do with it as usual, some kind of "You can only do This Many and only sell That Many at once" or something but it's still a bunch of nonsense. They're f*cking toys, not faberge eggs.
couldn't agree more, dude
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #47
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
People fanboy over everything. I was like the first person to bitch about NECA's sh*tty distribution and all I got was yelled at.
Weighing opinions on the TMNT forums is a lot like realizing the true ratio of turnout to the current riots when measured against the number of normally operating society, dude.

It seems like a lot of minds, but it's a homogenized group that's relatively small and obscure.

So don't feel bad.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:25 PM   #48
sleeplessknight
Thug

I just found movie Shredder, Splinter, and both styles of foot soldiers at ebgames the other week. I'm so glad I didn't stress myself out trying to order the SDCC version of them last summer. These guys are awesome! I'm so happy to have these.

Oh yeah... sorry to you guys who can't find them. Bummer dude. Yeah, their distribution does kinda suck. Hope you have better luck later.
sleeplessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:11 AM   #49
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm taking care of other things at the moment, and Lord knows if I'll ever even find a job again, so I can't justify it, but I know that one day I'm just gonna break down and pay the scalpers on eBay. I'd prefer not, but the thought of never owning them at all just kills me. I've had better luck with the movie figures thanks to GameStop but I'd love a set of the cartoon figures as well, but I'd have better luck getting video footage of a leprechaun f*cking a unicorn than actually finding those cartoon figures on store shelves.

That said, there's also more than a few $100 He-Man figures I don't own and that's way more important, while also being totally stupid. So it'll probably be Those First, then More'a These. But goddamn would I love to just go to a store and pay regular prices at my own convenience.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote