The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-23-2016, 02:10 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I, Frankenstein got some okay creature design, I mean it's nothing that stands out as amazing or downright awful, it's just there being kinda boring. the Basic face design for the gargoyles is kinda reminiscent of a generic feline Thunderian face.

Gods of Egypt, looks so ridiculous with mostly white actors playing African gods that transforms into huge armored guys fighting. It's great in that "so bad it's good". The Creature Designs aren't bad per se.

But, we already had had great Creature Designs in MOTU. Just have the freaking FourHorsemen do a realistic design, they've done this for years now, and basically have He-Man in their veins designing both the relaunch cartoon from 2002 and the Classics Toyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
He-Man is, actually, the best thing ever. It has everything you could possibly want in fantasy. It's equal parts LOTR, Franzetta, Flash Gordon, King Arthur, Conan, Dune, The Seven Seals and Star Wars.
Wrapped in glistening, bronze tanned, beefcake galore.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:12 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

42: Siiiiiigh. It's amazing what people can accomplish with actual loving care.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:17 AM   #23
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I'm not good with words, so I'll just go ahead and agree with everything Commenter and Leo said. It might be good if the designers didn't care and "just" made the characters like they were in Filmation and 200X cartoons. If they have brilliant ideas how to make them look modern like the Turtles, keep that sh*t to themselves. Eternia isn't Earth and they don't need to make pop culture references.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #24
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Well, now I know exactly which godless heathens are getting a f*cking voodoo doll made in their likeness. Good thing I'm snowed in all weekend with lots of bitter hatred and free time.

But seriously, if you feel any sudden stabbing pains, F*CKING GOOD FOR YOU.
Wow butthurt much
I get it and respect your opinion I just disagree.
With that said caught a good chunk of the 2003 series and from what I saw it was pretty good.
Those classic MOTU figures were boss as well.
Honestly McG is ok, gets more hate than he deserves IMO.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:47 AM   #25
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Oh man! What?! Your going to let a guy with a hamburger for a name direct Masters of the Universe? Well this is certainly a punch in the crotch. Maybe it will be fine, but if Dr Phil is right, and past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, then all signs point to no.

They just have to get a few tonal elements right; even if they change details, and redesign everything for no reason, they can still make a good movie if they don't miss the point completely. Terminator Salvation missed the point completely.

He-Man was my first obsession, and as dumb as this sounds, that show was a corner stone of my early life.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #27
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

First thought when I read the news: "McG? Why, was Brett Ratner unavailable?"
Old 01-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #28
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
@Shuriken

He-Man is, actually, the best thing ever. It has everything you could possibly want in fantasy. It's equal parts LOTR, Franzetta, Flash Gordon, King Arthur, Conan, Dune, The Seven Seals and Star Wars.
Done right...and I mean George Miller/JJ. Abrams/Luc Besson on their best days, it would make ALL the money; not a lot or a bunch, but actually all of it.

A Brittish billion.

#fact
Demon Dogs no, He-man was just a rip off of a better more amazing show. This show had Bug Aliens, evil Wizards that enslave mankind, Lightsaviors, starships, Wookies, ruin citys, a cute swamp girl, King Kong, Battle ready Statue of a liberty, ten times better sorceress and might I say hotter than the one that show up in He-man. She also has a better butt than Teela lol.

This show had it all. And to date I think only the Ninja Turtles, and perhaps Batman TAS can stand up to its coolness.

This show should of had a movie before He-man.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #29
snake
Disgusting

It still has a chance to be decent, right? I mean it's He Man, not too hard to f*ck it up.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #30
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Demon Dogs no, He-man was just a rip off of a better more amazing show. This show had Bug Aliens, evil Wizards that enslave mankind, Lightsaviors, starships, Wookies, ruin citys, a cute swamp girl, King Kong, Battle ready Statue of a liberty, ten times better sorceress and might I say hotter than the one that show up in He-man. She also has a better butt than Teela lol.

This show had it all. And to date I think only the Ninja Turtles, and perhaps Batman TAS can stand up to its coolness.

This show should of had a movie before He-man.

Source please. Thank you.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #31
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I was sure the word Demon Dogs gave it away.

Thundarr the barbarian
Old 01-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #32
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I was sure the word Demon Dogs gave it away.

Thundarr the barbarian
Dafuq?

Thundarr isn't worthy of washing He-Mans fur thong.
Lol, If McG was directing Thundarr, nary a **** would be given, by anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Wow butthurt much
I get it and respect your opinion I just disagree.
With that said caught a good chunk of the 2003 series and from what I saw it was pretty good.
Those classic MOTU figures were boss as well.
Honestly McG is ok, gets more hate than he deserves IMO.
When people who use the word butthurt, I imagine them looking somthing like this:

Can we get that fvcking word banned already?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:11 PM   #33
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
If anything, Thundarr was the "cheap rip-off". Of Conan. At least He-Man had a better story to it. And more characterization. And.... Y'know what? I'ma agree with Leo and 42 here.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:15 PM   #34
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
If anything, Thundarr was the "cheap rip-off". Of Conan. At least He-Man had a better story to it. And more characterization. And.... Y'know what? I'ma agree with Leo and 42 here.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

I like shuriken. He's a kid, he don't know any better.

But yeah, the word "butt-hurt" should be something you can hit someone in the face for. "Your honor, the defendant admits he did indeed punch the plaintiff square in the face, shattering all but two of his teeth and resigning him to eating the remainder of his life's meals through a straw, BUT, I say this to you, in his defense: The plaintiff accused him of being... (long, dramatic pause) ... 'Butt-Hurt'." "I see your point. Not only is the defendant Not Guilty, but I hereby sentence the plaintiff to death."

Thundarr is okay but you can't even compare the cultural impact. I like what I've seen of it but it's not like more than ten people would care if they announced a movie of that. It'd be nice if there was, but eh.

It's not the character designs I'm super-worried about. It's that McG is an awful director, who's only "success" is a Terminator movie that apparently only I think isn't worthless, that probably would have been worthless if Bale wasn't carrying it. Frankly, I expect some of the characters will look different, I mean the 80s movie characters looked fine, to me, even then I never expected them to look 1:1 like the cartoons. I just think the guy is a crummy director and that the movie itself is probably gonna suck.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:20 PM   #36
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Aww, shucks..... Thanks, man.

And Dolph Lundgren was pure beefcake. He BELONGED in that movie!! Also, Skeletor was dead-on, so there's that. Too bad Orko wasn't in it....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Once you get past the whole "It was set on Earth and not Eternia for budget reasons" it's not a bad movie at all. It's definitely one of the best action/sci-fi films of the 80s. People always tell me it's awful, but when I challenge them to name 5 movies of the 80s from that genre that are better, they can't. Another movie that "failed" simply by being a few shades off - out of necessity - from its source material. It looks great, it's a lot of fun, it's got heart, and Cox wasn't a coked-up scarecrow yet. What's not to like?

Also, since I forgot to mention it before, nobody had a better ass than Teela, no matter what whatshisname said. That's why they used that stock footage shot of Teela squatting down to jump, sticking her ass in the camera, about 2 or 3 times every single episode. They knew what they were doin'.

Last edited by Leo656; 01-23-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:28 PM   #38
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

What is so difficult to make a good He-Man series? I mean, it had an awesome cartoon in the 2000's (Cam Clarke as He-Man!) and is the pure definition of a franchise with great potential. The over the top action, the fantasy type of adventures to partake in, memorable characters, etc. Now you want to give McG, a guy who has rather average to below average work at best in directing as the man in charge?

I would kill for the franchise to go live action on television easily, but give him a good movie but not with a director with that type of work. (the old movie though is a guilty pleasure though. () Maybe one day, He-Man will get a true opportunity to shine in the next generation.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 PM   #39
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Perhaps, but a lot of elements that were in He-man did come from Thundarr, hell they were both blond muscle bound heros lol. They could be brothers lol.

Not sure about "better" story? A torn world, with man kind on the verg of slavery, if they are not out right slaves all ready. Wizards are the ruleing class because they have powers and the weapons, and minions. In the troubles of this order, one man, Thundarr stands up for man kind, going from broken down town to broken down town, and fighting for freedom. A former slave, frees himself and wants others free. In its short run, I think the story was amazing.

In He-man, he is a prince, a weak one at that lol, Teela can kick his ass lol. He defends Castle Greyskull from well, you get the point. Here, He-man is not beating,living in a waste land, outside of fighting evil, he enjoys life in the castle with family, being attended too, living the royal life, Thundarr lives off the land, and is trying to bring order back to the way it was, it will never be old Earth, but at least Man kind can rebuild once the Wizards are defeated.

Other thing, He-man mostly never kills any one. Thundarr?? Most of the villians Thundarr face are killed off, even the only villian that return Gemini got killed off the 2nd time around.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 PM   #40
Commenter 42
Banned

The same dick cheese that made Mike look like a mangled mess, and gave Donny that ugly proton pack, is doing the designs. NO!!!!!!

NO!!!!!

This is not allowed. That muther should be unclogging urinals in Florida.

Tags
he-man, mcg