The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is Splinter in Rise of the TMNT (2018 series)?
A mutated version of Hamato Yoshi 8 42.11%
Hamato Yoshi's mutated pet rat 8 42.11%
Other 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
matteso586
Stone Warrior

What is Splinter in the Upcoming 2018 Series?

As the title implies, what do you think 2018 Splinter is? And by 2018 series, I mean Rise of the TMNT. Just so we're clear.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think Rob Paulsen said he was human? I don't know for sure though.

His hairstyle looks like a Feudal Japanese man's, so who knows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think Rob Paulsen said he was human? I don't know for sure though.

His hairstyle looks like a Feudal Japanese man's, so who knows.
Rob Paulsen said he has always been a Mutant Rat, most likely misunderstanding the question.

I think he will be a normal rat this time after the Nick toon made him a human originally like the Original Cartoon.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 02-15-2018 at 02:00 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

Don't remember hearing Yoshi mentioned in that reveal but the word Human came up, I don't want to ask a stupid thing like: Is it safe to assume it would be Yoshi (If he was human) given the origin is supposed to be different? or is that going too far into 'not TMNT' territory here? Yoshi's father?

Last edited by newfan; 02-15-2018 at 01:53 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Since Rise seems to... ahem... wear it's influence on it's sleeves, I'd say it fairly safe to assume he started out as a rat.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

As the new villain Baron Draxum turns humans into mutants, looks like Splinter used to be human.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
As the new villain Baron Draxum turns humans into mutants, looks like Splinter used to be human.
I've heard rumours about the turtles starting as humans in the 2018 series too. Maybe it's true.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I've heard rumours about the turtles starting as humans in the 2018 series too. Maybe it's true.
Well if that was the case, imagine they looked more human and had hair etc, those designs wouldn't have gone down well.

Last edited by newfan; 02-15-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
No they are not, nothing was ever said about that. Stop believing random speculation people on social media say.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

As the Turtles are different species and if they were human, then that means they could still be brothers by blood and Splinter is there biological father.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
As the Turtles are different species and if they were human, then that means they could still be brothers by blood and Splinter is there biological father.
Thats a great idea!

I would love to see them all being humans originally. Its also a perfect set up to make Baron Draxum the big bad.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

They are not humans, the Turtles being different Turtle species already makes it obvious they started as Turtles.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They are not humans, the Turtles being different Turtle species already makes it obvious they started as Turtles.
4 different turtles species being mutated or 4 humans being mutated with different turtles species could both work ... but, I don't think they were human either...
Plus I'd kinda feel bad for them if they were.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Its possible they all had pet turtles originally and merged with them or something.

We'll find out soon enough.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #15
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Jesus Cube are you afraid of this becoming real or something. We are only speculating or are we not not allowed to do that here.

I'm only going by this theory of the Turtles and Splinter used to be human because of this.

Quote:
He'll play an original villain named Baron Draxum, an alchemist warrior mutant who seeks to turn all of humanity into mutants.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...lodeon-1073610

So if you don't like us talking about the turtles used to be human theory, then put us on ignore.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

He's just concerned about people spreading false rumors, which happens a lot, & mostly generates outrage in the fandom.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #17
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Jesus Cube are you afraid of this becoming real or something. We are only speculating or are we not not allowed to do that here.

I'm only going by this theory of the Turtles and Splinter used to be human because of this.
Since Baron Draxum can turn humans into magically, he could've easily mutated 4 human brothers into different species of turtles just for fun, thinking that "these guys can't touch me".

I'm really interested in seeing how on Origin without Shredder turns out if thats the case.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #18
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm really interested in seeing how on Origin without Shredder turns out if thats the case.
Or if Shredder will appear at all.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #19
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Since Baron Draxum can turn humans into magically, he could've easily mutated 4 human brothers into different species of turtles just for fun, thinking that "these guys can't touch me".

Splinter is discribed as being their teacher and father figure. So if they did start out as human the four Turtles wouldn’t have been able to go home to their parents and instead were taken in by a man who had been subjected to the same mutation they had and trained in Ninjitsu.

It’s likely that Draxum may have created the Turtles and Splinter as an experiment years prior to the series beginning. Which would mean the Turtles would have still been in diapers if they had been human.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #20
sdp
-

I keep hearing there are leaks of the TMNT being humans in this version. #readyforthenewnew
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thot