The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #301
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I finally saw it today and I loved it. I liked seeing Banner react to suddenly waking up on some alien planet. Always love the interaction between Thor and Loki. Hela was so bad-ass. She was an awesome fighter and she landed lasting damage on Thor.

The comedy was great though it left me kinda divided. There was a bit of a running gag of whenever a character, be it good or evil, is saying in the middle of saying something serious or dramatic, a pratfall happens. It was cheesy but it was funny. Seeing Valkyrie fall off of her ship since she was drunk during her intro kinda ruined her serious intro, but it was so ****ing funny cause it was so unexpected. The comedy did end at the climax though, so it was all good.

The thing that gets me with the DCCU fans complaining about the Marvel movies being safe and there are no stakes.... Did they even see this movie??? Countless Asgardians died. The Warriors 3 died. THEY DESTROYED ALL OF ASGARD. Thor and them didn't exactly save the day and stopped Ragnarok from coming. Thor lost an eye. I mean, despite people thinking there are no consequences and blah blah, dude, there was a lot of death and destruction going on in this one and it's fitting because they were facing the God of Death. I expect more of the same in Infinity War.
You summed up a lot of thoughts I'd forgotten I'd had. Sometimes Marvel comedy pisses me off, like in Iron Man 3 or Thor 1 and 2. This stuff was way more Guardians of the Galaxy type humor, which worked for me.

And consequences everywhere! KILL those Warriors Three, they sucked and were wasted in these movies. (Sorry if anyone likes them from the comics... I wouldn't know.) And destroy all of Asgard, yeah!

This was Thor's "The Winter Soldier."
Old 12-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #302
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Holy crap, you're right!!!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #303
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I finally saw it today and I loved it. I liked seeing Banner react to suddenly waking up on some alien planet. Always love the interaction between Thor and Loki. Hela was so bad-ass. She was an awesome fighter and she landed lasting damage on Thor.

The comedy was great though it left me kinda divided. There was a bit of a running gag of whenever a character, be it good or evil, is saying in the middle of saying something serious or dramatic, a pratfall happens. It was cheesy but it was funny. Seeing Valkyrie fall off of her ship since she was drunk during her intro kinda ruined her serious intro, but it was so ****ing funny cause it was so unexpected. The comedy did end at the climax though, so it was all good.

The thing that gets me with the DCCU fans complaining about the Marvel movies being safe and there are no stakes.... Did they even see this movie??? Countless Asgardians died. The Warriors 3 died. THEY DESTROYED ALL OF ASGARD. Thor and them didn't exactly save the day and stopped Ragnarok from coming. Thor lost an eye. I mean, despite people thinking there are no consequences and blah blah, dude, there was a lot of death and destruction going on in this one and it's fitting because they were facing the God of Death. I expect more of the same in Infinity War.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You summed up a lot of thoughts I'd forgotten I'd had. Sometimes Marvel comedy pisses me off, like in Iron Man 3 or Thor 1 and 2. This stuff was way more Guardians of the Galaxy type humor, which worked for me.

And consequences everywhere! KILL those Warriors Three, they sucked and were wasted in these movies. (Sorry if anyone likes them from the comics... I wouldn't know.) And destroy all of Asgard, yeah!

Yeah, I liked the severity of the consequences to some of the events in the film. Almost nothing is back to status quo at the end

I agree that Infinity War and Avengers 4 will have similarly lasting consequences
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:41 AM   #304
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The thing that gets me with the DCCU fans complaining about the Marvel movies being safe and there are no stakes.... Did they even see this movie??? Countless Asgardians died. The Warriors 3 died. THEY DESTROYED ALL OF ASGARD. Thor and them didn't exactly save the day and stopped Ragnarok from coming. Thor lost an eye. I mean, despite people thinking there are no consequences and blah blah, dude, there was a lot of death and destruction going on in this one and it's fitting because they were facing the God of Death..
Yeah.

And then they joke about it afterwards.

If they don't give a s*it, neither should you.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:58 AM   #305
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I liked Valkyrie's introductory scene because it created comedy by subverting our expectations but it also began to hint at how Valkyrie was not in a good way, taken to drowning her sorrows after losing all of her squadmates in battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yeah.

And then they joke about it afterwards.

If they don't give a s*it, neither should you.
I dunno, do you never crack a joke to lessen something's emotional sting? Like the saying "sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying"

I just think it helps to recognize that someone can be processing multiple emotions at once; people often try to downplay their feelings because they make them feel vulnerable. Not every scene needs the character to stare wistfully off into the distance with a tear in their eye while the musical score swells dramatically. But that's just my opinion, I tend to look at everything through a comedic lense
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #306
Vegita-San
Emperor

not sure what to think of thor 3 so far.

not really sure I remember odin being exiled. only loki being on the throne.
Odin dies like what's his name from Kung Fu Panda. No real reason, he just goes.

The humor isn't bad.

the music is really ALL over the place. sometimes cool, sometimes too weird and way too loud.

there was no reason at all to have the brothers three in that one shot just to die.

I dunno.. so far it's still fun. but it DOES feel different than the others.
Was that clancy brown voicing skull guy?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #307
Vegita-San
Emperor

VERY weird movie.

VERY different in tone from the first two.

It felt like it was made by two different people.

The humor wasn't bad. it was funny stuff. a bit of it felt out of place.
The willy Wonka tunnel music. the alien with earth references ('new doug').

The goddess of death wasn't bad.

Her Executioner seemed like a rather worthless character and just an excuse to have karl urban in thor.

Not sure who that big ship was at the end, but i'm guessing thanos?

Probably my least favorite of the thor movies, but still fun.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #308
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic titanic, ragnacuck, whor 3: ragnacock