The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #581
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If this is CW trying to have their cake and kill it, too, it will NOT appease me.
DYING.

But maybe Earth-2 Canary will be a prominent character on the Flash? Y'know, the show that could do her justice.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #582
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
DYING.

But maybe Earth-2 Canary will be a prominent character on the Flash? Y'know, the show that could do her justice.
I would SO be down for that. So would Cisco.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #583
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
DYING.

Y'know, I'd totally be okay with that.

There's this really great comic from the 90s I'd HIGHLY recommended, JLA: Year One by Mark Waid which serves as telling the beginning of the Justice League Post-Crisis, and both Barry and Dinah became close friends in it. She even kinda had a thing for him too.

One of my fav moments from the series:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #584
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

While I fully expect a show that has so clearly gone off the rails to do something as stupid as killing Laurel Lance, I am still unsure of who is going to be in the grave.

I mean, why did Captain Lance have the wig in some of those pictures? Is it because we get a flashback to him with younger Laurel? That could still go either way... is the father or the daughter dead?

For as much as I am pessimistically expecting the worst, I wouldn't mind not being screwed over on this.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #585
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Curtis is gonna be a main player now in Team Arrow
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...series-regular

"Arrow" fans are going to see a lot more of Curtis Holt next season.

TV Line reports that Echo Kellum, who plays the Palmer Technologies whiz, has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming fifth season of the CW drama.

Introduced in the second episode of this season, the computer genius has not only helped Felicity Smoak save Palmer Technologies, he's discovered the secrets of the Arrowcave.

There have been nods to DC Comics' Michael Holt, aka Mr. Terrific, throughout the fourth season of "Arrow." Perhaps Kellum's expanded role will allow producers to further explore that connection.

Maybe he takes shitlicity or Diggle's place
Old 04-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #586
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Curtis is gonna be a main player now in Team Arrow
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...series-regular

"Arrow" fans are going to see a lot more of Curtis Holt next season.

TV Line reports that Echo Kellum, who plays the Palmer Technologies whiz, has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming fifth season of the CW drama.

Introduced in the second episode of this season, the computer genius has not only helped Felicity Smoak save Palmer Technologies, he's discovered the secrets of the Arrowcave.

There have been nods to DC Comics' Michael Holt, aka Mr. Terrific, throughout the fourth season of "Arrow." Perhaps Kellum's expanded role will allow producers to further explore that connection.

Maybe he takes shitlicity or Diggle's place
Allow me to respond with a resounding "meh."

Team Arrow is already overcrowded; the only reason to promote him to regular is to fill a vacancy left by Felicity. And knowing Guggenheim's hard-on for the character, there's no way Felicity is leaving the show.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #587
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

It turns out Earth-2 Dinah Lance doesn't go by the name Black Canary, but Black Siren. This was the name of a female superhero based on the Golden Age Black Canary who appeared in the Justice League 2 part episode "Legends" as a member of the Justice Guild of America: http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Siren

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/04...dy-flash-vixen

Old 04-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #588
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Ah, f*ck.

I don't mind Curtis, but as Cylon said, he's only useful if Felicity is gone. However, I'm not exactly 'excited', since I'm definitely not watching Season 5 unless I hear amazing things about it after the mid-season finale. And I'm not watching it at all if Laurel dies.

God, I originally found this news out by seeing an article with the headline "Arrow adds new series regular for Season 5." and my immediate thought was:

"Oh ****, Donna's a series regular.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #589
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Ah, f*ck.

I don't mind Curtis, but as Cylon said, he's only useful if Felicity is gone. However, I'm not exactly 'excited', since I'm definitely not watching Season 5 unless I hear amazing things about it after the mid-season finale. And I'm not watching it at all if Laurel dies.

God, I originally found this news out by seeing an article with the headline "Arrow adds new series regular for Season 5." and my immediate thought was:

"Oh ****, Donna's a series regular.
I mean, if they're NOT killing Laurel, what is the point of forcing an Earth-2 Laurel in an episode of The Flash?

Damn. Damn damn damn.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #590
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...source=twitter

This all but confirms Laurel's in the grave. This is TWD Season 6 finale levels of damage control.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #591
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...source=twitter

This all but confirms Laurel's in the grave. This is TWD Season 6 finale levels of damage control.
You said it. That's absolute confirmation right there. "Dead is not Goodbye." Yeah, screw you, Guggenheim.

They've seen a lot of us (not just on this tiny board, it turns out I'm seeing similar comments on reddit and other sites) saying that if they kill Laurel, we're done.

Turns out we're done. Burn this show to the ground.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #592
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am not kidding there is a hastag on twitter #olicitysavedarrow I want to puke. best part on twitter is if anyone gives their opinions olicity fans attack them for it. They think they are what makes up the arrow fanbase.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-05-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #593
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I am not kidding there is a hastag on twitter #olicitysavedarrow I want to puke. best part on twitter is if anyone gives their opinions olicity fans attack them for it. They think they are what makes up the arrow fanbase.
By now, they ARE.

I was thinking about it some more, and I don't even have to wait for tomorrow. It's Laurel. No other character death would provoke such a defensive preemptive "dead doesn't mean goodbye" bullsh*t statement by the showrunners.

Dead DOES mean goodbye, jackasses. It means I say goodbye and never look back. Frees up my Wednesday nights for better things.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #594
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
By now, they ARE.

I was thinking about it some more, and I don't even have to wait for tomorrow. It's Laurel. No other character death would provoke such a defensive preemptive "dead doesn't mean goodbye" bullsh*t statement by the showrunners.

Dead DOES mean goodbye, jackasses. It means I say goodbye and never look back. Frees up my Wednesday nights for better things.
just keep guggenhiem away from legends of tommorow we don't need him ruining that show.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #595
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
just keep guggenhiem away from legends of tommorow we don't need him ruining that show.
Away from The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Don't you DARE leave Central City at the mercy of that menace!!!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 12:38 AM   #596
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Leaked stuff is saying that Laurel's dead 100%.

WELL, THAT'S IT. I'M PACKING IT UP, BOYS.

First Guggenheim kills Sara, THEN LAUREL, WHO HASN'T EVEN COMPLETED HER ARC. He just loves killing off the Canaries that are threats to his precious ship. #BlackCanaryLivesMatter.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:07 AM   #597
Slade
god status

Quote:

EDIT: I just watched that silent clip... I do not understand how people think Sara is the hot sister. At all.
She was, still kind of is if she has the blonde wig on. I think Katie Cassidy had dropped too much weight a while back. She was looking damn good in the last episode though.

I'm feeling like Cubed right now...

Nah, that wasn't perverted.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #598
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I will be leaving a reasonable and intelligent "I am done with this show and this is why" post on Arrow's facebook page. Maybe Amell's and any other main actors/actresses that I can find... Is Katie Cassidy on FB?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #599
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
I will be leaving a reasonable and intelligent "I am done with this show and this is why" post on Arrow's facebook page. Maybe Amell's and any other main actors/actresses that I can find... Is Katie Cassidy on FB?
Last I checked, she is.

Man, I just can't believe this show has gotten to the point they would kill off THE Black Canary. If anyone should be put in the ground it's Felicity, she wasn't even a supporting character to Green Arrow before this show came around. The character deserves a much better treatment than this show has given her.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #600
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Thinking about it, even though all the signs point to it, I am still holding on to a tiny little mangled shred of hope.

Guggenheim can't be THAT asinine, can he?

Now if they killed Diggle, while it would suck, he's an original character created for the show. And honestly, his potential has kinda run its course. Having him taken out by either his brother's betrayal or trying to save his brother... either of those would work.

Sigh. Pins and needles, hoping for a miracle that won't come...