The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2021, 10:18 AM   #21
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But again... HOW is it that Krang can build All This Sh*t - including cyborgs... Christ, including the TECHNODROME - but he can't find a way to build a giant mech? Why does he need SHREDDER for that? Does Oroku Saki have a degree in advanced robotics? Why the hell WOULD he? Wouldn't building a giant gutless robot be easier than building a giant Death Star Tank?

None of this makes any sense. WHO BOOKED THIS SH*T???

I know that's a ton of the "fun" of the old show, but... seriously. It makes NO sense at all. And the more you try and think about it logically, the less sense it makes!
You forgot Krang was wheeling around on a little tripod thing at the beginning of the series. He couldn't do ****.

He was banished to Dimension X in his Technodrome, unable to do anything with it.

I have a feeling Krang sold him with 'if we make robot versions of your ninjas, you'd be unstoppable' as a lead-in and they started from there. Shredder probably had to do all the physical stuff following Krang's instructions to the letter.

Imagine how that went.

"Now push the fourth button on the console and next pull the lever on the right... the lever on the right you metal-faced moron!"

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:35 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

I did not mean Krang literally "built" these things so much as "he HAD them built".

And they all still seem more complicated than his android body to accomplish, and I still highly doubt that Oroku Saki of all people would be the guy to ask.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:46 PM   #23
Sumac
Foot Elite

My headcanon is that after Krang ended up on Earth he had nothing, except his three wheel thingy. Somehow he stumbled upon Shredder and offered him an alliance: he gives Shredhead technology and Shredhead builds him a new body.

Key thing is that we don't know for how long their alliance lasted. At least, I don't think it was ever mentioned in the series (maybe I am wrong, though). So it could have been few years, enough for Shredder to built Technodrome and cyborg army on Earth.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:33 PM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Some other questions:

Exactly how did the Technodrome end up on Earth? (all we know is Krang was banished from Dimension X). And why did it end up underground

How did Shredder, after arriving to New York City, end up so deep beneath Manhattan that he encountered Krang. Maybe he was searching for Hamato Yoshi in the sewers, and suddenly fell through a hole burrowed by the Technodrome?
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

At the end of the day, Krang and Shredder were both made for each other. They had pretty good chemistry. And eventually both realised they were stuck together for good so they probably decided to give up on the idea of double-crossing each other and became friends.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Some other questions:

Exactly how did the Technodrome end up on Earth? (all we know is Krang was banished from Dimension X). And why did it end up underground

How did Shredder, after arriving to New York City, end up so deep beneath Manhattan that he encountered Krang. Maybe he was searching for Hamato Yoshi in the sewers, and suddenly fell through a hole burrowed by the Technodrome?
Hm... Yeah that's right, why Earth? Seems like if they wanted him gone for good, they should have sent him to a planet without people or technology. And why even allow him to keep the Technodrome?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:20 PM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hm... Yeah that's right, why Earth? Seems like if they wanted him gone for good, they should have sent him to a planet without people or technology. And why even allow him to keep the Technodrome?
Krang was probably banished in abscence, and left Dimension X on his own.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:42 PM   #28
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I did not mean Krang literally "built" these things so much as "he HAD them built".

And they all still seem more complicated than his android body to accomplish, and I still highly doubt that Oroku Saki of all people would be the guy to ask.
As much as a point out the weirdness in the '87 show I actually think this is isn't one of the. OT Saki was shown a few times to be quite a skilled at dealing with tech. Also as leader of a crime organisation he could quickly steal all the technology and materials he needed. Since OT Shredder was a would-be world conqueror he was probably a very good choice to partner up with.

My only sticking point is how did they hook up? Where did Krang and Technodrome manifest on Earth? Japan? Underneath NYC? How would these two even meet?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:45 PM   #29
Jephael
That whack job behind you

It's too bad David Wise is no longer around. These would have been excellent questions to ask him. I especially wanted to know why it was never brought up later in the series how Krang deliberately double-crossed Shredder in the mouser episode by freeing Michelangelo and telling him where the master control was. I remember watching that episode with my younger cousins and even they were like "Wait, why did Krang do that?"

COMIC BOOK GUY: "It was an imaginary story dreamt by Jimmy Olsen after getting kicked in the head by Supergirl's pet horse, ergo it never really happened."
BART SIMPSON: *gesturing all of the comics in the store* "None of this stuff really happened."
COMIC BOOK GUY: "Get out of my store."
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:11 PM   #30
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
It's too bad David Wise is no longer around. These would have been excellent questions to ask him. I especially wanted to know why it was never brought up later in the series how Krang deliberately double-crossed Shredder in the mouser episode by freeing Michelangelo and telling him where the master control was. I remember watching that episode with my younger cousins and even they were like "Wait, why did Krang do that?"
We know why.

While Saki originally benefitted from his relationship with Krang he didn't trust the brain to give him what he wanted; a new body.

As long as Shredder had an advantage over the turtles he would never have fulfilled his promise to Krang. Thus he had to sabotage Shredder's plans to the point that Saki had no choice but to build him a body so he could destroy the turtles for him.

I have to say as much as the old married couple characterisation is a source of genuine humour in the old show the more serious shifting power dynamics of the first two seasons were much more interesting,
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:00 AM   #31
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Except Krang was never in it for Shredder. Once Shredder gave him what he wanted, Krang was out of there and would conquer Earth for himself. But Krang eventually discovered he did need Shredder to carry out his orders as even his new body couldn't do everything. If given the chance, I'm sure Krang could've gone to Earth to be with and supervise Shredder whenever he could instead of being the designated portal opener and closer.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #32
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I doubt he would know, to be honest. He'd most likely give some half-assed 'you can tell he's just making it up off the top of his head' answer. Was there ever some sort of TMNT bible to explain this? I know a lot of tv shows have some sort of bible that keeps the origins and story elements explained, did the TMNT show even have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
We know why.

While Saki originally benefitted from his relationship with Krang he didn't trust the brain to give him what he wanted; a new body.

As long as Shredder had an advantage over the turtles he would never have fulfilled his promise to Krang. Thus he had to sabotage Shredder's plans to the point that Saki had no choice but to build him a body so he could destroy the turtles for him.

I liked how it temporarily backfired.

Krang- Saki you got no choice now, you got to give me my body so I can command my troops from Dimension X.

Shredder- Wait! That's it!! Dimension X! I can pull whatever I need straight out of Dimension X!

Krang- wait... what? NO!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:09 PM   #33
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I liked how it temporarily backfired.

Krang- Saki you got no choice now, you got to give me my body so I can command my troops from Dimension X.

Shredder- Wait! That's it!! Dimension X! I can pull whatever I need straight out of Dimension X!

Krang- wait... what? NO!
It was the only episode that The Neutrinos sounded normal. After that one episode and a few team up episodes later, every Neutrino (except for Tribble) sounded like they sucked up a large quantity of helium.

I mean, they were supposed to be an extraterrestrial race of people and not dimension traveling elves.

Last edited by DarkFell; 02-21-2021 at 08:14 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:00 AM   #34
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
It was the only episode that The Neutrinos sounded normal. After that one episode and a few team up episodes later, every Neutrino (except for Tribble) sounded like they sucked up a large quantity of helium.

I mean, they were supposed to be an extraterrestrial race of people and not dimension traveling elves.
The worst was how Tress Mcneille voiced Kala normally in The Dimension X Story but gravelly every other time. Yikes!! And DXS is one of my favorite episodes!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Because it was love at first sight.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:07 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post

Tbh it wasn't just the Neutrinos whose voices changed slightly after season 1. Cam Clarke's voice become higher pitched as well. Remember how Leonardo and Rocksteady had deeper voices in the 1st season?

Vernon and Burne also had deeper voices.

Funny enough, Townsend Coleman sounded a bit higher pitched in the 1st season.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:13 AM   #37
Sumac
Foot Elite

Vernon was voiced by a different voice actor in the first season or am I mistaking?
Old 02-23-2021, 03:22 AM   #38
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Vernon was voiced by a different voice actor in the first season or am I mistaking?
Vernon was voiced by Pat Fraley in season 1 (voice of Krang) and Peter Reneday (voice of Splinter) for the rest of the series.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #39
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Because i was the first human he met who was evil and wanted to conquer the world so he decided to teach me how to build robots. Then we started conquering the world.