The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #161
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Anyone going to the Amazing Con in Houston who could pick up the TMNT Universe exclusive for me?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #162
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Who's going to Boston Comic Con?

I think these are all of the TMNT artists that are going to be there.

Erik Larsen
Davis Petersen
Stan Sakai
Eric Talbot
Rich Woodall
Ben Bishop

Let me know if I'm missing anyone.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 PM   #163
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Who's going to Boston Comic Con?

I think these are all of the TMNT artists that are going to be there.

Erik Larsen
Davis Petersen
Stan Sakai
Eric Talbot
Rich Woodall
Ben Bishop

Let me know if I'm missing anyone.
Looks like you've got all the heavy hitters covered. A few more peeps: Sina Grace & Penelope Gaylord have both worked on backups in Amazing Adventures, and Sean Wang did a frontispiece or two for Tales v2

. . . and if you want to get realllll TMNOCD about it - Sam Keith, Chris Uminga, Rafael Albuquerque, Cliff Chiang, Mike Allred, Nick Dragotta, Jamie Tyndall & Tony Kordos have all done variant covers for the IDWverse. I'm sure there's even more I'm missing on the variant front.

I'll be there Friday. Look for the guy with the Pokéstop on his head.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:36 PM   #164
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Looks like you've got all the heavy hitters covered. A few more peeps: Sina Grace & Penelope Gaylord have both worked on backups in Amazing Adventures, and Sean Wang did a frontispiece or two for Tales v2

. . . and if you want to get realllll TMNOCD about it - Sam Keith, Chris Uminga, Rafael Albuquerque, Cliff Chiang, Mike Allred, Nick Dragotta, Jamie Tyndall & Tony Kordos have all done variant covers for the IDWverse. I'm sure there's even more I'm missing on the variant front.

I'll be there Friday. Look for the guy with the Pokéstop on his head.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll def add them to my list.

I'll be there too. My wife will be dressed up as meowth, and I'll have a green bookbag, and will either be wearing a Dracula or TMNT shirt.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #165
funatic
Mad Scientist

My little haul from BCC this year...

I just turned 30 and BCC just turned 10 so I thought I'd mark the occasion with a sketch jam from all my favorite artists in attendance:

note the Talbot turtle, Bishop Bebop & Rocksteady, and Sakai Usagi & Tokage (EEP!)

Got a few of my usual TMNT headsketches from artists who worked on any TMNT that I hadn't met yet (the list is dwindling!):

Sina Grace & Penelope Gaylord

Steve Bissette (done last year at Bing Con) & Rich Woodall

Also found this creative Batman/TMNT sketch cover by Ryan Santos, depicting all the turtles as different iterations of Robin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
I'll be there too. My wife will be dressed up as meowth, and I'll have a green bookbag, and will either be wearing a Dracula or TMNT shirt.
Nice to see you again Chris! I think I got a video of Stan doing that Usagi sketch for you! PM me your email and I can send it.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:40 PM   #166
Powder
So tired of this place

The Batman cover is amazing, I love it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #167
funatic
Mad Scientist

Who B @ NYCC?

Shall we start listing turtley artists to hit up? My f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ third scan of Artist Alley yields:

Dooney
Talbot
Larsen
Mike Dialynas
Ben Bishop
James Tynion IV
Dario Brizuela
Billy Martin
Derek Fridolfs
Khary Randolph & Emilio Lopez
Caleb Goellner & Derek Charm
Jerry & Peng-Peng Gaylord
Michael Garland & Adam Gorham
Michael Walsh
David Petersen
Charles P. Wilson III
Ryan Browne
Bill Sienkiewicz
Tyler Walpole
James Silvani
Richard Buckler
Chris Uminga
Tony Kordos
Andrew Griffith
Stephen Mooney
Declan Shalvey
Valerio Schiti
Bryan Turner
Marcelo Ferreira
Gary Fields
Peter David
Sajad Shah
John Giang

+ Paul Allor, Matthew Manning (w/some of the other AA guys above) & the show cast/crew at IDW booth!

who else?

Last edited by funatic; 10-04-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #168
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I suspect one day I'll have to hit NYCC as well...
Old 10-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #169
funatic
Mad Scientist

my turtley haul at NYCC this year:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=3336
Old 10-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #170
funatic
Mad Scientist

Went to a tiny con in Springfield MA today with Stephen Murphy & Bissette in attendance. Murph said still no word from IDW on the Forever War, but he did say that the first 2 issues of it had been fully penciled back when they were supposed to come out. I never realized it had made it that far in development.

Also, one of the showrunners there was clearing out all his "junk" and gave me these 3 prints he got at NYCC during the Turtle's 25th anniversary in 2009... for $10 total! One man's trash...

Gotta love little local cons.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #171
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Went to a tiny con in Springfield MA today with Stephen Murphy & Bissette in attendance. Murph said still no word from IDW on the Forever War, but he did say that the first 2 issues of it had been fully penciled back when they were supposed to come out. I never realized it had made it that far in development.

Also, one of the showrunners there was clearing out all his "junk" and gave me these 3 prints he got at NYCC during the Turtle's 25th anniversary in 2009... for $10 total! One man's trash...

http://i64.tinypic.com/nzf0xv.jpg

Gotta love little local cons.
MAN thats awesome. Great print set - one of my regrets never picking those up.

Didnt know Murph still did appearances at all. I have to meet that man

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #172
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
MAN thats awesome. Great print set - one of my regrets never picking those up.

Didnt know Murph still did appearances at all. I have to meet that man
He comes to this one every year so if you're ever in the area... https://www.facebook.com/bingcomiccon/ He's always a pleasure to chat with.

Sadly it was Bissette's self-proclaimed last convention appearance. No lines out the door like at Shellback tho.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:04 PM   #173
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
He comes to this one every year so if you're ever in the area... https://www.facebook.com/bingcomiccon/ He's always a pleasure to chat with.

Sadly it was Bissette's self-proclaimed last convention appearance. No lines out the door like at Shellback tho.
Thanks for the info - Man I need them to sign my Sewer Cover!

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #174
BigMike322
Thug

Kevin Eastman will be at the El Paso Comicon in April. (He came last year too).
BigMike322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #175
Btown
Hench Mutant

I'll be attending Medway Film and Comic Con this weekend here in England. Simon Gough is scheduled to be there.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #176
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Not to nitpick or anything, but why is Raphael the one dressed as Knightwing. You'd think he'd be Damien, the current Robin. If anything, Leonardo should be Knightwing. Also I just realized the two old-school Robin Turtles (who I assume are Don and Mikey) have human legs.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #177
funatic
Mad Scientist

Tickets for SDCC go on sale in couple weeks. Living on the east coast I've never attended, but it's been on the bucket list for years and I finally got my act together early enough this year to pre-register just in case I decide to go. Anyone from the forums here gone before and can give me an idea of what to expect? I've been to NYCC the past 5 years. How does it compare to that? Also, anyone have any clue what TMNT-related panels, events, artists we might see there? I know a lot of that info won't be revealed til the summer but thought some vets of the con here might have some good insight. Help me decide if it's worth the cross-country trip.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #178
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Tickets for SDCC go on sale in couple weeks. Living on the east coast I've never attended, but it's been on the bucket list for years and I finally got my act together early enough this year to pre-register just in case I decide to go. Anyone from the forums here gone before and can give me an idea of what to expect? I've been to NYCC the past 5 years. How does it compare to that? Also, anyone have any clue what TMNT-related panels, events, artists we might see there? I know a lot of that info won't be revealed til the summer but thought some vets of the con here might have some good insight. Help me decide if it's worth the cross-country trip.
It's worth doing at least once in your life just to experience the sheer scale and chaos associated with the event, and that you'll see maybe 2% of what goes on, and rely on other people photographing the other 98%. I've been six times, coming from the UK, so if I can do it, so can you
Old 03-31-2017, 12:23 AM   #179
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
It's worth doing at least once in your life just to experience the sheer scale and chaos associated with the event, and that you'll see maybe 2% of what goes on, and rely on other people photographing the other 98%. I've been six times, coming from the UK, so if I can do it, so can you
Ha, thanks for the vote of confidence! So having gone before... does IDW always do some sort of turtles panel? Any TMNT artists that only make appearances there or the west coast that you know of?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:47 AM   #180
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ha, thanks for the vote of confidence! So having gone before... does IDW always do some sort of turtles panel? Any TMNT artists that only make appearances there or the west coast that you know of?
Panel? That's variable. There's usually been some sort of panel with a turtles content, whether that's IDW itself or a specific TMNT gathering. Problem is, you don't get the details on those sorts of things until a couple of weeks before the show itself. But I would put it down that it's more likely than not.

Artists wise, Stan Sakai and David Petersen are regulars at SDCC. Mike Dooney nearly always goes to it as well (although he didn't seem to last year). The last big gathering of Mirage staff was in 2009 for the 25th anniversary, and I don't think that will ever happen again.

Here's a list of Artist Alley from last year: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2016/ar...ley/exhibitors

But that's just a list of people in that area, doesn't account for those on their own stand or exhibit area, such as Stan. Best thing to do, research anyone you want to see and note whether they are going to SDCC or not.