The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #1
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Do you guys think the new show will crossover with the 2012 series?

There two completely different shows but I'd be curious at the same time how things would work. I mean 2012 Leo was so serious by the end of the series so. If done right I could see 2012 Leo try to teach Leo of the new show a few pointers on how to be a leader and why he should become one.

What do you guys think?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
There two completely different shows but I'd be curious at the same time how things would work. I mean 2012 Leo was so serious by the end of the series so. If done right I could see 2012 Leo try to teach Leo of the new show a few pointers on how to be a leader and why he should become one.

What do you guys think?
So far they have just confirmed characters popping up through different dimensions so they'd see Leo leading in any prev incarnation, if they use them.
As far as using 2012, well, its theirs for a start but it depends if they want it to stay gone or not, maybe feel like being nice to those of us who would like to see them
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

I've said this before, it shouldn't be a concern at this point.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It wouldn't surprise me, esp as 2012 already has a 2D cartoon design.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think it will be either Risex2012 or crossing over with the 80s toon again.

or both in a three way crossover, if the team is super dedicated.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I wonder how that will work. All 3 previous versions are slow in their own ways. They wouldn't be able to mesh well with the intense speed of this one.

Maybe they'll just pull a Forever Red and have a quick scene where all TMNT incarnations charge in to attack.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

It's way too soon I think to be talking about crossovers, but if anything they will crossover with the 80s cartoon first if any at all.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #8
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Could we at least wait until season 2 before we start talking about this?
Old 07-26-2018, 04:26 AM   #9
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I think they should do something new and original instead of another crossover. They're fun and all, but they've been becoming just yet another 'box' in each iteration that gets checked off on the to-do list along with certain comic plotlines.

Maybe have them all switch bodies with their enemies, or something. OT did it with Splinter and Shredder, 2k12 did it with Raph and a Kraang, but this time it's done with all four instead.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:40 AM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I wonder how that will work. All 3 previous versions are slow in their own ways. They wouldn't be able to mesh well with the intense speed of this one.
It can be a joke in the episodes.
"-Are you guys that slow?"..
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The TMNT need a real crossover. Not just crossing over with themselves. Have them meet Batman, the Power Rangers. Idk. Some Nick franchise. Just have them actually crossover with an actual different franchise, not themselves.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 08-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #12
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

^^^ Pretty much this. The Batman and TMNT comics crossover had me hungry for more of this kind of stuff. I liked seeing how Batman (and the Turtles) were going to try and come up with ways to defeat a bunch of mutated Gotham criminals, shame it was only about 4 issues (BOO.)

Shame it couldn't be it's own 'universe.' It had a lot of potential and could have been something more interesting then trying to cram in yet another overdone 'Remember these Turtles? Nostalgia!' crossovers that strangely seem to only ever feature the Fred Wolf Turtles.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #13
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The TMNT need a real crossover. Not just crossing over with themselves. Have them meet Batman, the Power Rangers. Idk. Some Nick franchise. Just have them actually crossover with an actual different franchise, not themselves.
They all ready cross over with the Power Rangers. Back than, it was the best of both worlds lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:19 AM   #14
Wildcat
Foot Elite

A crossover with another Nick franchise? I struggle to think what would fit. Avatar? I never saw it though.

Spongebob? The turtles discover bikini bottom while swimming and help stop Plankton from stealing the krabby patty recipe.

Rocko? Filbert dresses up after buying the books at Kind of A lot Comics.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
They all ready cross over with the Power Rangers. Back than, it was the best of both worlds lol.
Yeah but I'm talking about now. Do it now.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I think books should crossover with books, comics with comics, live-action with live-action and animation with animation (Turtles Forever and Transdimensional Turtles could have been done without Mirage, Mirage could've crossed over with Archie instead). So probably, the Platinum Dunes turtles should cross over with the Power Rangers.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #17
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think books should crossover with books, comics with comics, live-action with live-action and animation with animation (Turtles Forever and Transdimensional Turtles could have been done without Mirage, Mirage could've crossed over with Archie instead). So probably, the Platinum Dunes turtles should cross over with the Power Rangers.
So with Animation crossing over with Animation, You would not mind a Avatar crossing over with say Cowboy Bebop right?
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #18
Vicky82
Emperor

Didn't know where to put this but it's probably nothing

Rachel Butera who voiced Kraang Prime in Season 3 posted this on Twitter.

Rachel Butera@RachelAButera 10m
Doing a lil #KraangPrime for #TMNT on #Nickelodeon

https://twitter.com/RachelAButera/st...90337918021632

So is she voicing Kraang Prime again and if she is, does this mean the Kraang Prime is going to appear in Rise as a crossover with the 2012 show or the 2012 show is returning for one last time as a special.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Didn't know where to put this but it's probably nothing

Rachel Butera who voiced Kraang Prime in Season 3 posted this on Twitter.

Rachel Butera@RachelAButera 10m
Doing a lil #KraangPrime for #TMNT on #Nickelodeon

https://twitter.com/RachelAButera/st...90337918021632

So is she voicing Kraang Prime again and if she is, does this mean the Kraang Prime is going to appear in Rise as a crossover with the 2012 show or the 2012 show is returning for one last time as a special.
While I can only hope for more 2012 I wonder if it's just Kraang Prime coming to Rise, I mean they did say that anyone could show up because of the different dimensions they are having.... but yeah if its 2012's character then they may show up too. .. Or it may be something else?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #20
Shark_Blade
Emperor

2012 is dead so of course it’s Rise.

Releasing any 2012 material for now will only confuse the public.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote