The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 01:22 AM   #8261
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've barely had my laptop for less than a year, and I already need to replace the charger cord -__- . Have to make it bend all kinds of weird ways just to get it to charge. At least the replacement will come before I go on my big trip to Montreal.

Which reminds me, I wish I had been working for a good while before then. Maybe I'll be called back to the pet store after the holidays are over...or my sister-in-law can help me get a job in the humane society she wants to work for if she gets hired.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #8262
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sears-b...4dm1hh0rqlBVgw

Working for a bankrupt retailer still has it perks -- at least if you're among hundreds of high-level employees at Sears Holdings.

The company behind the Sears and Kmart chains on Friday obtained a U.S. bankruptcy court's permission to pay as much as $25.3 million in bonuses to top executives and other high-ranking employees at Sears, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October.

Of course. Glad I was forced to move on this past Spring before it got to this point, but that's still rather sickening considering all the stores and jobs lost in the process, including the one I worked at. But by all means, dole out the big bonuses. Grr. "Handouts" only stop being wrong if you're already rich. Handouts that are made of the blood of now lost stores and jobs.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #8263
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Been fighting the inevitable and misery-inducing symptoms of the "7-day cusre", for the last 4 days now, and it is still just as bad as day one. This is getting insane, like why can't my frigging body just give me a break? Spent my two days off basically sleepimg or just curled up on the couch. Wasn't as bad yesterday, which was a blessing, since we had our DnD game. But I just feel so tired and achy, and like an over blown-up balloon in need of letting out some air, if you get the "drift".

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:15 AM   #8264
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My brother got so drunk at a work party that I had to pick him up with our mom so she could drive him home in his car. When we got to the house he was at, he was face-down in the lawn. And is sleeping in the bathroom now with the toilet open.

So yeah, that was pretty embarrassing. The party was over by then, but still not cool.

On the plus side, I drove my mom's car for the first time on the way back home and it was a pretty nice ride. But I would have preferred it not being from getting my brother clear on another side of Ft Worth because he's so drunk he can hardly get off the ground.

And all that while dealing with my own migraine and stomach sickness.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:05 AM   #8265
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I feel your pain. Same issues here- minus the drunk sibling. So glad I'm an only child.....

Old 12-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #8266
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Had to send my laptop in for repairs. Two days before my trip to Canada. So I'm on the iPad for now. A tiny outdated iPad.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #8267
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Idiots that impulse buys pets they have zero clue about. Particularly, this jackwagons on a Facebook group that recently bought 4 turtles.

His first issue was that the water gets dirty really fast. A lot of people that knows their **** tried to help, but he's not all that into it. I asked what filter he's using but he never answered me.

Then, someone mentions in the thread that he's selling his turts, posting the link to a Norwegian buy/sell site.

There I see the ****ing problem, this guy is using 3 internal filters that are absolutely useless with Turtles, and he have 4 Turtles in a 250 liter (66 gallons) tank that's barely half filled. And not only that, but he refers the Turtles as " 2 Chinese three-keeled Turtles and 2 swamp turtles", now that's a huge red flag as the pics are not good at all to determine the species of the two "swamp turtles", but they are 90% red-eared sliders or similar turts like map Turtles or painted turtle.

So. Mauremys reevesii, the Chinese three-keeled pond turtle is the only turtle that's legal to own in Norway, any other semi-aquatic turtle is illegal and on top of that sliders are banned by EU which affects Norway despite not being a member. Yet this ******* is trying to pile illegal animals on another dimwit, for a premium price no less.

But I wrote to him, ignoring that he's trying to peddle illegal animals. That the filters are the issue, they're not suitable for Turtles and he should get a external filter. His response? "Filters works just fine"

Idiot.

And on top of that I found several other people on the buy/sell site selling sliders...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #8268
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Gotta love people who get an animal before doing apparently zero homework. Esp something more exotic like turtles. Sure, most pets have a learning curve and no one is going to be a perfect owner right off the bat, but at least TRY, and accept the info of more knowledgeable people who are trying to help you learn... which is a bit dumbfounding that that person would ask, but then not accept the answers.

Guy probably also thinks the stereotypical bowl is actually an acceptable home for a goldfish. (Let alone anything below 30 or 40 gallons for just one.)
Old 12-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #8269
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Halfway into my visit to Canada and I have a cold

At least I got my congestion cleared up, but I still feel congested and now really sore and stiff.

(Aside from that, I'm absolutely loving it)
Old 12-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #8270
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Gotta love people who get an animal before doing apparently zero homework. Esp something more exotic like turtles. Sure, most pets have a learning curve and no one is going to be a perfect owner right off the bat, but at least TRY, and accept the info of more knowledgeable people who are trying to help you learn... which is a bit dumbfounding that that person would ask, but then not accept the answers.
Yeah, at it happens so often. Someone on an impulse gets a Hermann's tortoise and "What does it eat lolz" and when people give them the answers they're all "what, can't I just feed them iceberg lettuce and apples".

And some people get so defensive about things after asking for advice or help. So often someone have a snake that won't eat, and when the leading experts that works with reptiles and have degrees about reptiles and snakes asks "what's the temperature on the sunny side and the dark side" , they get all uppity and only replies "temperature is fine", like fine isn't a measurement Can't help you if you don't give the specifics, dude.

Quote:
Guy probably also thinks the stereotypical bowl is actually an acceptable home for a goldfish. (Let alone anything below 30 or 40 gallons for just one.)
no doubt. Way too many people do not take tank sizes seriously.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #8271
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Currently looking for part of my drill.

No luck just yet and I have been trying like heck to remember where I (mis)placed it at.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #8272
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, it was boubd to happen sooner or later. Cinnamon has gone into her first heat, and has spent the last three days (and nights!) serenading us with the "melodious" sound of yowling and chirpy neows almost non-stop, accompanied by being extremely affectionate, pacing the house, rolling on the hall rug, and sticking her rear in the air constantly. It is soooo annoying. We have had almost no sleep for the past three nights. I love the little brat to death, but I kind of want to wring her neck right now. As soon as we get paid, she is getting fixed....

Old 01-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #8273
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Welcome *again* to owning a cat, Duckie.

Speaking of which, I need to get my two young heathens fixed too. Unfortunately, my nearby SNAP center has been a pain in regards to setting up appointments..
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #8274
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh, fun... been there done that just once, would be perfectly fine to not ever put up with a man-hungry cat again.

God, can you imagine if humans acted like this in public? I'm not sure if it would be creepy or hilarious.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #8275
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, now that you bring it up.... Some humans actually DO. Drunk sluts are a thing- just sayin'.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #8276
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Welcome *again* to owning a cat, Duckie.

Speaking of which, I need to get my two young heathens fixed too. Unfortunately, my nearby SNAP center has been a pain in regards to setting up appointments..

Lol we were hoping we could get it done BEFORE this hapoened! But, y'know, holidays happened. So we missed the target a bit. Totally familiar with the experience, though. Both Angel and Demona went through it.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #8277
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I couldn't get on a plane home yesterday, after two hours worth of sleep and having to get to the airport super early in the morning. So that was super stressful. Trying again on Sunday, but I think I got sick again -__- . After spending a good half of my trip with respiratory gunk and coughing fits.

At least PrincessUtrom is trying to see if she can get me a job at her work's graphic design department. That would be awesome. I just need to get a Canadian work visa.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #8278
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Turned right by the bowling ally. No one coming so I hop right to the left lane since I need to make the next left. Black car ahead of me in right lane. Black car decides to do a frigging u-turn in front of me, across my lane and into the opposite lanes, as if this is totally normal and okay. Older-ish (maybe late 50s early 60s?) guy driving doesn't even glance up at me; not while making this stupid maneuver and not after getting into the opposite lanes... For gods sake, at least look up startled and sheepish like you suddenly realize you did something stupid that could have gotten you/us hurt. Or not? WTF.

And ironically this is right next to a police station. I wish there had been a cop waiting to exit their parking lot and able to see this little stunt... >.> He's lucky there was distance enough to react and I wasn't some person distracted with a phone or something.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #8279
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Idiot/senile drivers like this are the reason I am glad I do not drive(anymore). I mean, having a car would be nice at times (like today's nasty cold wet weather), but honestly, the number of reckless, distracted, or just plain ignorant people behind the wheel scares me sometimes. Old people whose hands visibly shake when handing me money or taking their food at the window scare me the most. Like WHY would you still be driving yourself around if you have some kind of age-related condition that causes severe tremors??!!

Old 01-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #8280
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Black car decides to do a frigging u-turn in front of me, across my lane and into the opposite lanes, as if this is totally norma
saw something like this yesterday. It's why, combined with my normally strung nerves with high anxiety and natural OCD, I have a driver panic attack every ten years it seems. last one was in 2004, stopped driving for 2 years. The latest one was just 2 years ago. a ten minute trip to the highway turned into 2 hours, because I kept on doing loops due to all the bad cross walkers, and jay walkers and joggers in the area not paying attention to what they where doing.

yesterday I Saw what you saw. a guy doing an illegal u turn on a 4 lane road, cutting off a car going my way in front of me, as if it was perfectly normal to do.

I really will not miss driving when I have to totally give it up due to age. you see too much bad of it around here.

today's grind.

things that would not have been even batted an online eye at not more than 5 years ago, is considered 'toxic' and 'unconstructive' today. while I see it as silencing an opinion.

If I think the new She-ra Series creators are idiots (for attacking the fans, and silencing the opinions of original series voice actors for not liking then ew show, while simultaneously attacking ones no long longer around to defend their performances...) I'm going to stand by and double down on that statement if it's not accepted. In Melenedy Britts original opinion we trust ).

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote