The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #101
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Today's episode was a neat little spoof of Midwich Cukoos/Village of the Damned while posing as a "amnesiac super-villain" plot. Poor Penfold was getting quite used to being a parent, all that hard work...yeah, you cry Penfold, at least DM made use of your tears.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:46 AM   #102
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Saw "From Duck 'Till Dawn" this morning.

Glad they've maintained Duckula's showbiz aspirations. It was your typical "tv is bad for your brain" story (with the added twist of turning you into literal vegetables), but it was perfectly fine. DM gets a little too boastful about his worldwide fame and convinces Duckula to set his sights on the same thing. Loved that DM also wound up ticking off the villagers to the point they're more intent on murdering him than Duckula.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #103
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sqawkencluck's parents frighten me. I don't know if I'd be particularly cheerful if I found out my wife turned me into a garbage monster just to make sure I dragged all the grime around with me...and that she's willing to do it again only this time turning him invisible?

Still, Mrs. Squawkencluck understanding DM's dim-witted difficulties when comes to the Professor's inventions was a perfect foil for the Professor's usual attitude towards him, and we learn the Professor's first name is Professor!
Old 02-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #104
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Another sodding hiatus next week

Definitely a great run of episodes though, Squawkencluck's family was introduced, we learned what her first name was, and we found out how DM and Penfold met
Old 02-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #105
Hero
British Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

Saw "From Duck 'Till Dawn" this morning.

Glad they've maintained Duckula's showbiz aspirations. It was your typical "tv is bad for your brain" story (with the added twist of turning you into literal vegetables), but it was perfectly fine. DM gets a little too boastful about his worldwide fame and convinces Duckula to set his sights on the same thing. Loved that DM also wound up ticking off the villagers to the point they're more intent on murdering him than Duckula.
Was Igor and Granny in the mix too?
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:16 AM   #106
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Was Igor and Granny in the mix too?
They were nowhere to be seen mate
Old 02-28-2016, 03:04 AM   #107
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Just caught up. Great week of eps. I enjoyed the Duckula episode, but I wish Igor and Granny were in it.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 02-28-2016 at 04:07 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:24 AM   #108
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Given how well the reboot of DM is going, maybe it'll provide enough impetus to get Duckula rebooted too...

Of course, one of the fun parts about finally showing how DM and Penfold met is that the alt time line was very 80s, in how Penfold dressed and acted as boss of the company (anyone old enough like me in the 80s will remember the "yuppie" period), which of course is when the series originally started. It's small touches like that which endear me to this new version even though it can't ever be on the same pedestal as the original. It's getting close mind you!

Take Squakencluck for example. In the original he was a near sighted gerbil with a penchant for making super chickens. So what do the creators do here? They make the new version a Scottish female CHICKEN with an attitude complex, basically a more frustrated version of Q. Which gets a lot more laughs! And let's face it, the series needed a strong female character in it, that was the one thing really lacking in the original. I'm also glad that they've given her a few focus episodes as well, where DM and Penfold are playing second fiddle some of the time.

Oh, and I thought it before, and it's still valid now, Stephen Fry as Colonel K is the best damn replacement for Edward Kelsey that they could have got

Last edited by Mayhem; 02-28-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #109
ZariusTwo
Overlord

New episodes resume next Friday
Old 05-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #110
Hero
British Bloke

I hope this gets another season pickup.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:42 AM   #111
ZariusTwo
Overlord

According to the profile of Mark Oswin, CBBC are developing a spin-off featuring Count Duckula

http://www.rochellestevens.com/oswin/

And, yeah, Hero, Danger Mouse is coming back with a second series
Old 06-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #112
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The CBBC Channel held a special ''Danger Mouse Day'' this week and screened the first two episodes of the second series. Unfortunately I missed them both. The second series will resume in the Autumn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/danger-mouse-is-back
Old 06-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #113
Vegita-San
Emperor

It's nowhere NEAR as good as the original series.

Dangermouse is too stupid. alot of the new characters a bit too annoying (although i don't mind the professor due to scottish accent). The new Barron greenback is a disgrace to villany and the voice makes him sound too german.

But on the whole, for the MOST part, it tries to retain the fun and sense of humor of the original from what little i've seen.

It's far better than that horrid looking inspector gadget reboot where they gave claw an annoying kid, turned penny into a teen idiot, made gadget even dumber, and they all look like they are on crack.
sigh
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #114
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
You hate Danger Mouse 2015, TMNT 2012...looking forward to watch you crap all over DuckTales 2017.

I do agree that the new Inspector Gadget sucks ass, though

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #115
Vegita-San
Emperor

Do it like it was intended, don't try to modernize the humor too much into stupidity, and make the desigsn actually look right, and I'll hate your series less.

pretty simple formula.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:17 AM   #116
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The second season is now up and running.

Some sound episodes so far, DM took over Col. K's job but the episode quickly turned into something about Greenback pilfering all the chips/fries in Britain

Then Penfold got caught up in an alien pyramid scheme involving a magic staff

Squawencluck and mad scientist monkey Professor Brunzel switched minds, DM could'nt tell which was which until Squawk told him he sucked. This had a very minor but sweet moment between Squawk and Penfold too when she told him "he" had saved the day (when it was DM in Penfold's body doing the hard work, and Sqauwk was AWARE of that, but chose to compliment the actual Penfold, who was in DM's body, anyway), I 'ship Sqauwkencluck and Penfold so that was fun.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:37 AM   #117
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reported back in April, but I only just learned today...third series confirmed

http://www.c21media.net/cbbc-gives-d...third-mission/
Old 12-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #118
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Saw the Christmas special today

...Did they seriously just 'ship tease Danger Mouse with a minor?

Wasn't the only adult thing in the episode either, there was one moment between Squawk and Penfold when she played with Honker, his squeaky Walrus doll ("get your hands off my honker")