The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2017, 06:30 AM   #41
Monsterhjerne
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Danmark
Posts: 32
Thanks, you guys! Really appreciate it!

Check out this comic setup - shows how he can pose and stuff. Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p01.jpg (98.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg p02.jpg (98.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg p03.jpg (99.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg p04.jpg (93.6 KB, 35 views)
Monsterhjerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #42
Tartaruhga Muhtante
Foot Soldier
 
Tartaruhga Muhtante's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRASIL
Posts: 176
Amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterhjerne View Post
First up here is a custom Splinter I did some years ago. Many have done the same one, using the 2007 animated figure as a base. Not much to add here. I sanded off the shoulderguards, trimmed beard, sculpted new, and sculpted the cane. Paints were Citadel. I tried to keep it really clean to match the original NECAs.
You have the step-by-step of this custom work? I would love see that.
Tartaruhga Muhtante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #43
Monsterhjerne
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Danmark
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartaruhga Muhtante View Post
You have the step-by-step of this custom work? I would love see that.
If you can, check out my fb feed, if you go back there until start of the year, you can scroll through - I post a lot in there
Monsterhjerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:17 AM   #44
DestronMirage22
Mad Scientist
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MO
Posts: 1,595
That is one seriously amazing custom!!
Time well spent, it turned out fantastic!
__________________

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #45
Galoob23
Random Punk
 
Galoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterhjerne View Post
Woohoo! Finally I can show this bad boy off - been working on this for all of this year. I'll come back in some time with a describtion of work or you can check out my fb page @customsmonsterhjerne for info.

Fully articulated custom Master Splinter in Mirage Comics NECA style.
Cast in all white, handpainted and sealed against wear.
Includes walking cane and ooze pool with removable T.C.R.I. canister.

all work and pics by me.
Wow man, thatís great!!!!! What base figure did you use for the Splinter body?
Galoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #46
Monsterhjerne
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Danmark
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoob23 View Post
Wow man, thatís great!!!!! What base figure did you use for the Splinter body?
All was resculpted and re-cast, so looking back I could really have used anything. Parts was so taken apart by the end, that it made no difference.

But basebody (torso, feet, head, tail) was 2004 Animated Splinter. Heavily altered.
Sleeves was LOTR Gandalf, hollowed out and fitted with NECA turtle shoulders inside.
All joints were from NBA Hero figure, but any ML would do I guess. Did not know I was recasting it so I went for joints that were cast brown, hence the NBA-dude.
Hands from WWF-fgure - only used 3 fingers, scaled pretty well with the proportions.
Torso was hollowed out and fitting on top of a NECA Turle waist and butt. Also used his thighs, sculpted over.

Lower skirt was also from Gandalf - cut to 4 pieces and sculpted together in different configuration.
Monsterhjerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #47
Galoob23
Random Punk
 
Galoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterhjerne View Post
All was resculpted and re-cast, so looking back I could really have used anything. Parts was so taken apart by the end, that it made no difference.

But basebody (torso, feet, head, tail) was 2004 Animated Splinter. Heavily altered.
Sleeves was LOTR Gandalf, hollowed out and fitted with NECA turtle shoulders inside.
All joints were from NBA Hero figure, but any ML would do I guess. Did not know I was recasting it so I went for joints that were cast brown, hence the NBA-dude.
Hands from WWF-fgure - only used 3 fingers, scaled pretty well with the proportions.
Torso was hollowed out and fitting on top of a NECA Turle waist and butt. Also used his thighs, sculpted over.

Lower skirt was also from Gandalf - cut to 4 pieces and sculpted together in different configuration.
Great stuff man!! I wanted to make a custom Mirage Splinter for a while and you kickstarted my project. I can only hope it will be half as great as your Splinter! Simply amazing dude!
Galoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #48
Monsterhjerne
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Danmark
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoob23 View Post
Great stuff man!! I wanted to make a custom Mirage Splinter for a while and you kickstarted my project. I can only hope it will be half as great as your Splinter! Simply amazing dude!
YES MAN! Way to go - if you are on fb I'®ve got tons of WIP there, tried to post some here, but seems I'm outta space here :-/ Maybe I have to clear out a couple of the old ones. Anywas - feel free to shoot me a message, if you ever need some pointers! Never tried anything like this before, so if I can do i, so can you! Best of luck, mate!
Monsterhjerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.