The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
Urrr this story was good if you exclude those retarded Universe comics those were TERRIBLE. Was hoping that a certain RED Utrom popped up at the end or something
Dude, chill .

It's probably next month anyway. In a Universe comic. And I'm anticipating it highly.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Urrr this story was good if you exclude those retarded Universe comics those were TERRIBLE. Was hoping that a certain RED Utrom popped up at the end or something
Hey, man, show some respect for Universe.

It's given Bishop, the Mutanimals, Wyrm, Toad Baron, more Metalhead, Karai and her mutants in Japan, Sally and Ray versus mutant werewolf cyborgs, new scorpion and snake mutants, Turtles teaming up with Stockman...

Universe kicks ass... with a couple of misses. Not bad for 20 issues and counting!

Now, the BACK-UP stories... THOSE I'll hate on.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #23
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Iam coming! Just wait a little bit more! Iam making my new Utrom Shredder robot body and then i will become the leader of foot ninjas again! It is a SHAME what Splinter has done to my foot ninjas!
Old 03-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Iam coming! Just wait a little bit more!
Fine, just remember to pull out when you do.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #25
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Oh, I am DOWN with a Stockman-Bishop shakeup! Bring it ooooon!
And then with my new Utrom armor i will destroy his body and put his brain in a jar and then will kill him! Like i did to the 2003 Baxter! But this time i will throw his brain out of the jar and let it die there!!! Bishop will not save this Stomcnan too. Because iam planning to destroy his brain too and not just his body! I will let his brain die due ot lack of water while i will be laughting!!!
Old 03-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

This was a solid wrap-up and we know from Universe that Don will go to Burnow Island to make peace between the Triceratons and Utroms so technically this story isn't over yet.

As I said last issue I like the new female Elite Guard, I wonder if she'll be an actual character going forward or just a nameless leader. What I also liked is how despite Splinter and the Turtles at odds, neither felt out of character. Splinter just told the Foot to take down the Turtles and not kill them, and after the Turtles defeated them he just did his best to discipline them. And Mikey refusing to fight at all was a nice touch. It helps keep Splinter doing what he's doing believable rather than if they just went with a, "Splinter has gone evil" story. You can tell how much he cares for his sons and wants to protect NY.

Some other stuff was pretty funny, like Bishop screaming, "No!" just because he couldn't fight Triceratons anymore, he was enjoying himself a little too much there, huh?

The epilogue ending with Old Hob picking up weapons felt kind of random, it's the same thing Hob has been doing for a long time now so it felt weird to end this arc on that, it wasn't anything new. Would have preferred to see what Bishop was thinking at the end instead.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Some other stuff was pretty funny, like Bishop screaming, "No!" just because he couldn't fight Triceratons anymore, he was enjoying himself a little too much there, huh?

The epilogue ending with Old Hob picking up weapons felt kind of random, it's the same thing Hob has been doing for a long time now so it felt weird to end this arc on that, it wasn't anything new. Would have preferred to see what Bishop was thinking at the end instead.
We've already seen Bishop is bat-crap-craaaaaaaazy. Or did you forget he curb-stomped his daddy in his wheelchair?

But yeah, I like your point. I really feel like Burnow Island is about to blow the heck up. Triceratons, Ch'rell, Utrom civil war, Bishop, Slash, Leatherhead...

Can't wait for that story arc. I'd rather read that than Pantheon stuff!

It is odd that Old Hob didn't show up in this arc... especially as you have to believe that Hob and family are waiting for a chance to steal Slash back from Bishop!
Old 03-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #28
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Okay issue the art was awful and the fight scenes were a bit on the boring side but the plot developed so I guess that's good
Old 03-28-2018, 03:17 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

I expected more of a fight, to be honest, and the Triceraton soldiers to last longer against the Foot. And Splinter being a bit more unreasonable, which was a nice surprise to see how level-headed he remained. His reasons make some sense, though obviously the Turtles are just as justified in opposing him. Called it on the way the battle ended. I really want to see what Hob is cooking up, seems like we've been waiting on his mutant army for a long time now.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I actually think that, provided Ch'rell doesn't do something to annihilate the Triceratons - which I doubt - is that the Triceratons might serve as a pretty good damper on things getting too dangerous with the Utroms.

"Right, we've f*cked up your population enough, but this time, we're not going to let it get worse. Stop the fightin."

My one disappointment is that they never met Pepperoni. That would have been amazing.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how many Triceratons died from the ones Bishop killed or the one lit on fire in the previous issues. It looks like Zom didn't think about their losses.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #32
mrmaczaps
Banned

This issue seemed rushed... the art was sloppy... More detail please. Finish it even. Some panels were really bad...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
This issue seemed rushed... the art was sloppy... More detail please. Finish it even. Some panels were really bad...
Well, the original artist WAS unable to do #79 and #80. So it was actually rushed, probably.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #34
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well, the original artist WAS unable to do #79 and #80. So it was actually rushed, probably.
Ah was not aware of that. Story itself seemed rushed too.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #35
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey, man, show some respect for Universe.

It's given Bishop, the Mutanimals, Wyrm, Toad Baron, more Metalhead, Karai and her mutants in Japan, Sally and Ray versus mutant werewolf cyborgs, new scorpion and snake mutants, Turtles teaming up with Stockman...

Universe kicks ass... with a couple of misses. Not bad for 20 issues and counting!

Now, the BACK-UP stories... THOSE I'll hate on.
I'm talking about the ones in this story-arc. That from the heart for the herd that triceratots and that stupid costume comic
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'm talking about the ones in this story-arc. That from the heart for the herd that triceratots and that stupid costume comic
Can't argue with you on those!
Old 03-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #37
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, there were some severe problems with For the Herd.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, there were some severe problems with For the Herd.
Yeah, but you're the Utrom fanatic. You dig deeper into their culture and history than a guy on PCP trying to dig a hole to China in his backyard.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:18 PM   #39
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's actually more on Zog's side in that situation for me . Namely that his original aggressions were toward Quanin and not really toward Krang. He says that he has no interest in if the rebellion fails or succeeds, so long as Quanin loses specifically.

I could try to do a lot on developing Utrom culture though. The problem is trying to break away from a human perspective.

I would also like to watch that guy on PCP trying to dig to China (while calling an ambulance)

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-29-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #40
Leomaru
Thug

Am I the only one who finds it irritating that the turtles are still no match for splinter?
Leomaru is offline   Reply With Quote