The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

At 31 years of age, I don't see how you can act as if you're any better by practically stalking him & making childish remarks. Salt begets salt, I guess.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:32 AM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
At 31 years of age, I don't see how you can act as if you're any better by practically stalking him & making childish remarks. Salt begets salt, I guess.
Seriously, Sumac is 31? First Mr Thursday and now this guy coupled with most people who still can't get over TF after almost a decade, what's up with this forum and 30+ year old men so attached to kids' cartoon they can't have a sense of humor about it? Or worse yet, still act like the 5 year olds it was meant for?

Andrew joked about how the show stayed the same for 169 episodes just so it could be watched in almost any random order, what's there to get mad about when that's what it did?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:17 AM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Seriously, Sumac is 31? First Mr Thursday and now this guy coupled with most people who still can't get over TF after almost a decade, what's up with this forum and 30+ year old men so attached to kids' cartoon they can't have a sense of humor about it? Or worse yet, still act like the 5 year olds it was meant for?

Andrew joked about how the show stayed the same for 169 episodes just so it could be watched in almost any random order, what's there to get mad about when that's what it did?
That's pretty how it is in any internet cartoon or video game property fandom aimed at kids/teenagers, sadly.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:19 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Also remember, most episode are plot-based, not character-based.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:56 AM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Also remember, most episode are plot-based, not character-based.
Yeah but you're following a character through a plot, if the characters are in service of the plot rather than the plot serving the characters then there's not that much reason to care.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:57 AM   #26
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
How to not to be that daft in 5 simple steps:
1) Look who started this thread.
2) Look other Andrew's responses.
3) Think.
4) Draw conclusions.
5) Than return and say that you are sorry.

I am not stalking, BTW. I just using looking at the latest replies via "New Post" thing. If replying to the people is now "stalking", than my dear sir, we are all stalkers here.

Quote:
What is 5 year old about having weighted and rational opinion on the piece of entertainment without going all "LUV LUV" or "HATE HATE" trains?

Or it is only weighted and rational when it aligns with your personal opinion on the matter, m (which pretty much means that you are as childish as everyone else, haha)?

Also, I don't find humorous constant dirt-throwing at something. It smells of fanaticism and personal (childish at its core) bias.

Maybe you are at the stage of development, where constant ******** on something that you are dislike is the funniest thing in the world (which doesn't paint in the good light, mind you), but a lot of people prefer to have rational nuanced opinions, rather than mindlessly praising something or mindlessly ******** on something.
One day you will probably get there. Today is not that day obviously.

Quote:
I understand that you are probably just not yet arrived to the point, where you can understand such things as "context", so I won't hold your remarks against you.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

I hope you find peace, man.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Hey, it's the content of the thread not the OP that makes it worthwhile.

I guess I'll counter with, though Andrew's not the biggest fan of ANY of the shows, what kind of character growth did the 4Kids and Nick Turtles go through? Aside from Mirage and maybe the 1st movie how much change have ANY version of the Turtles gone through?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'd say Nick Leo did A LOT of growing up over the course of the show. And Nick Donnie stopped trying to creep on April, which must have been tough for him lol.

Then in 4kids, Leo had an interesting journey, even if it was a little melodramatic. Raph also learned to chill out some, even if he got Flanderized from season 6 onwards.

Other than that, nothing really.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey, it's the content of the thread not the OP that makes it worthwhile.

I guess I'll counter with, though Andrew's not the biggest fan of ANY of the shows, what kind of character growth did the 4Kids and Nick Turtles go through? Aside from Mirage and maybe the 1st movie how much change have ANY version of the Turtles gone through?
Man, so much this.

4Kids Mikey had some good spotlight episodes (Unconvincing Turtle Titan, Touch and Go, Grudge Match) but the overall arc of his character was basically deterioration into a parody of himself.

4Kids Leo had some interesting development in season 4, but I'm not sure he was truly "grown" after they finished that arc. Nick Leo at least had the guts to explain his voice actor change as a result of the injuries sustained by the Foot Clan. And if Chompy ends up being the reason the world is destroyed in Nick, how much growth can we say Raph went through after letting Slash grow up and then not being able to let go of Chompy when Momma Tokka came looking for him?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Turtles never really grow or change out of their established character traits in any series. Sure, they go through character arcs sometimes like Leo in Season 4 of 2k3 series, but after it ends they go back to the way they were.

The Turtles never change that much in any series from beginning to end. Partly because they're kids shows, and partly because if they lose their established character quirks they'd feel like completely different characters. I don't know why people are acting like this is something new.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if we're watching the same series, that some of us have to "explain" what goes on to everyone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #32
pferreira
Foot Elite

Considering this was a troll thread I think this so called 'thread' should be closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's almost like people fail to realize most 80's-90's cartoons were designed with episodic stories because the channels aired the episodes all out of order. Even Batman: TAS was like this with standalone episodes that you can watch all out of order, besides the very first ep that introduces each villain. Nobody watched Batman: TAS in proper order back in the day when it first aired.
It's only kids like neatoman who don't get you can have episodic storytelling that isn't part of an arc. TV in the 80s and 90s had great TV that was episodic and didn't rely on serialisation. It's more about educating people of today's generation who are misguided into thinking the only good TV or film is that that is serialised. It does backfire in movies of course as studios now try to get trilogies up and running instead of making sure the first movie in a series is any good. What it all comes down to is ignorance of today's generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Splinter had his arc too though. As others mentioned, he started out wishing to be human again, but eventually became content with his new existance and overcame Rat King's control.
Yep, forgot about that one. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
No it's more like you failed to realize that Andrew was trolling and you took the bait.
We know it's trolling by Andrew and I hope the mods are taking notice of that but since the FW series had character arcs his attempt to troll pretty much failed.

Andrew our resident troll...

Quote:
Yeah but you're following a character through a plot, if the characters are in service of the plot rather than the plot serving the characters then there's not that much reason to care.
Erm, er, er...huh???

Quote:
First Mr Thursday and now this guy coupled with most people who still can't get over TF after almost a decade, what's up with this forum and 30+ year old men so attached to kids' cartoon they can't have a sense of humor about it? Or worse yet, still act like the 5 year olds it was meant for?
Being a 14 year old must be fun, complaining about all those loser 30+ who still like a TV show from when they were '8' (5 my arse). I mean how dare they? Yep neatoman when I was 14 I can't say I was a total ignorant fan who thought the IDW comic (which is arguably the most disrespectful to TMNT) was perfection but had a go at anything that wasn't. I complained that nobody wants to see episodic TV, that the 80s had no good cartoons while comparing a cartoon made explicitly to sell toys (The Transformers) to a cartoon that was out to just make TMNT more recognisable while selling toys. When I was 14 I educated myself and gave a fair shot to stuff from the past, I learned to appreciate stuff from the past compared to now. Now I realise I got it all wrong and that I should of been acting like you. Did you know I'm being sarcastic? That's what happens when you reach 30 neatoman and have to deal with whiny teens like yourself.

Quote:
People will start talking you seriously when you stop trolling shows you dislike thanks.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote