The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM   #781
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Yeah, pretty much. Which means they'll be telling you themselves soon enough.
And I'll ignore them, because they coo-coo.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #782
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

The Berlanti-verse returns Oct 9th - 12th!

http://tvline.com/2017/06/08/the-cw-...ash-riverdale/
Old 06-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #783
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Totally just realized that John "Merlyn" Barrowman was the soloist in Spring Time for Hitler in the movie version of the musical version of The Producers.

Just when you thought he couldn't be more evil...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #784
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I finished season 4 of Arrow and it's definitely the worst yet as all the bad things Arrow is known for are featured here and there was nothing too compelling in the season.

Why is everyone a vigilante now? I love an "expanded" cast of heroes and i"m mad we never see enough of the bat family but here it's gotten ridiculous and with people that made no sense because of the way they were set up like Laurel Lance. And season arcs have also ruined the show, I love story arcs as much as the next guy but when the whole season is one long story arc it can feel "padded" or too long, strong idividual episodes make a season great if not it's a stretched out story over the season.

Why does everyone die and then not die and comeback to life? Deaths have become cheaper than in the Comics and it's only been four seasons. They even bring back to life people they shouldn't. Has everyone dated or f-cked everyone? Jeeze, relationships are even more ridiculous than they are in Degrassi. These things have ruined the show.

Arrow S1 was my favorite superhero anything since every episode felt like a batman movie and we got 22 of them with a cool story arc. Season 2 dealt too much with Slade but it was still fine. S3 which is not a fan favorite was alright, the story arc worked fine and I didn't find it much worse than S2. But this just took the worst aspects of everything. Hell I feel that Brother Blood was wasted in S3 when he would've fit better in S4 with the Hive, Damien Darkh felt like a cheap Brother Blood until two thirds into the season when I began to like him a bit more.

And the flashbacks have gotten worse each season as well, and I wonder if we actually watched all the flashbacks before Season 1 where they take place in continuity would the Season 1 even make sense? I'm guessing it wouldn't since so many things have happened that S1 Ollie seemed "new" about he's already had experience in, like meta humans and magic while Season 1 was very Batman Begins.

I still found a few things that I liked about the season but this was one of my favorite shows ever nad now it's barely important. Poor diggle, why did he become a vigilante? He was one of my favorite characters but now he just annoys me. Same with Felicity, but I didn't like her much in S1 either, but she's defintiely gotten worse. Here's hoping Season 5 is better which I think it's supposed to be.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #785
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Why do people have such a hate-on for Felicity? She seems pretty endearing in everything I've seen so far (Arrow S1, S2, some of S3).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #786
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why do people have such a hate-on for Felicity? She seems pretty endearing in everything I've seen so far (Arrow S1, S2, some of S3).
Like I said, the people who vowed more than once to never post in this thread again could probably tell you. I don't get it, either.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #787
sdp
Megan Fox = April

She was better when she was the cute nerdy girl who was annoying but got worse as each season passed. Many of her problems can be seen in a lot of the girls in the show, especially Laurel. She just had the most focus this season for me to dislike her but yeah she's not the only one and far from the problem the show has. And wow does every finale need an all out street brawl?

Anywho, time to move on to Legends of Tomorrow and then leave this universe for another year. I may watch the vixen cartoon though since it's short and I liked her appearance. And man I didn't know Constantine was in continuity with this show, but that show isn't on Netflix so I think I'll just wait.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #788
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

On the other hand, I can understand people hating on Laurel. I'm at the beginning of season 3 and her arc has been the weakest. She trusts the Arrow, she doesn't trust the Arrow anymore, she kind of trusts the Arrow again, betrays the Arrow, finds out who he is finally and it's barely even a big deal. She's been captured like 20 times now. She's also supposed to be like his huge, one true love and yet they seem so entirely incompatible whenever they've even teased them getting back together, and it's been a long time since they've even done that. And she is, in fact, quite annoying at times.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #789
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
On the other hand, I can understand people hating on Laurel. I'm at the beginning of season 3 and her arc has been the weakest. She trusts the Arrow, she doesn't trust the Arrow anymore, she kind of trusts the Arrow again, betrays the Arrow, finds out who he is finally and it's barely even a big deal. She's been captured like 20 times now. She's also supposed to be like his huge, one true love and yet they seem so entirely incompatible whenever they've even teased them getting back together, and it's been a long time since they've even done that. And she is, in fact, quite annoying at times.
Yes! Exactly! Laurel ****ing sucks! Especially when compared to Felicity. The most explanation I've ever gotten as to why people stick up for her so much is because "she's supposed to be with him like in the comics". Like, OK? Who cares?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #790
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Wait till the back half of Season 3 and all of Season 4 you will see why people hate Felicity. All she does is Whine Cry at Oliver not to mention Olicity ruins these 2 seasons. Also Its Meet The Parents in Season 4 with Momma and Poppa smoak.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #791
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

See, I knew it would happen eventually.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #792
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In that list of what you've seen so far, most people still did like Felicity. She was one of my favorite characters back in those seasons. What they do with her in S4 (and some of S5 too) is what made so many people turn on her. You'll see.

Though I agree about Laurel not being great either, I always liked Sara better.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #793
Xav
Foot Elite

Stephen Amell Wants A More Comics Accurate Arrow For Season 6
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #794
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeeeeah, buddy.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #795
raph27
Mad Scientist

I hope this season keeps up the rebound in quality that season five had. Glad to see Slade is back on the show, he was always one of my favorite characters. Curious to see if they do a Black Siren redemption arc, seeing as they have Dinah now to be the Canary on the team.

Speaking of Dinah, apparently she will have a love interest this season. I'm guessing it's a new character. The only single guy is really Rene, but I can't imagine them together. And another romance: tweets from the cast seem to imply
Spoiler:
Oliver and Felicity getting married next season. Maybe it won't be that bad, considering the Olicity moments in season five weren't that bad, but we cannot have season 4 again.

The villain is supposed to be
Spoiler:
Richard Dragon.
Don't know who that is, but from what I've researched, sounds like they might be a pretty good villain. Really hoping Helix doesn't have a big comeback, that was one of the only parts of S5 I really didn't like.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #796
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Just binged the back half of this season. Definitely a huge step up in quality compared to Seasons 3 and 4. Hopefully it carries forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Speaking of Dinah, apparently she will have a love interest this season. I'm guessing it's a new character. The only single guy is really Rene, but I can't imagine them together. And another romance: tweets from the cast seem to imply
Spoiler:
Oliver and Felicity getting married next season. Maybe it won't be that bad, considering the Olicity moments in season five weren't that bad, but we cannot have season 4 again.
Felicity wasn't as awful as she usually is this season. There was still way too much smoke blowing up her ass from the rest of the cast, though. I sometimes wonder if its a running joke in the writers room to have at least two characters each episode make it a point to exclaim how amazing a woman Felicity is. Even when she's not being awful, lines like that kind of make up for it.

But, ugh, CURTIS was brutally annoying. His dialogue was downright cringeworthy every time he opened his mouth this season. Everything about him was awful. Get him off the show. I still don't even know what purpose he's serving other than appealing to the LGBT community. He's not competent in combat, Felicity & Sisqo already have the gadget-tinkering and hacking thing down for when they need it. So seriously, why is he here and Ragman left? I liked Ragman. He was cool.

I hope Dinah's love interest turns out to be *gasp* Oliver! They probably have no plans to be comic accurate and pair them together, but if they are, and rumours of a 7 season cap for the show are true, they should start laying the foundation for their relationship sooner than later.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #797
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
But, ugh, CURTIS was brutally annoying. His dialogue was downright cringeworthy every time he opened his mouth this season. Everything about him was awful. Get him off the show. I still don't even know what purpose he's serving other than appealing to the LGBT community. He's not competent in combat, Felicity & Sisqo already have the gadget-tinkering and hacking thing down for when they need it. So seriously, why is he here and Ragman left? I liked Ragman. He was cool.
I sort of liked Curtis in season 4, but I agree in this season he was just terrible. Unfortunately due to the fact that he is both a person of color and gay, all the Tumblr fans will riot if he is ever written off of the show.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #798
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
Olicity lives...and it looks like they're tying the knot alongside Barry and Iris

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arrowvers...183700198.html
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #799
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Spoiler:
Olicity lives...and it looks like they're tying the knot alongside Barry and Iris

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arrowvers...183700198.html

ugh really Olicity has to ruin the Crossover. Makes me not that excited
Old 01-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #800
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just finished season 4 the other night.

Season 3 was pretty neat, I really dug the Ra's al Ghul stuff, everything leading up to their final battle. I didn't care for the Ra's actor that much, though, they could have done better. I should have known, but I had no idea that one woman was going to become Katana, so that was a big surprise.

Season 4 was... oh-kay. It's a little bit of a reach that now we're at a point where Oliver is battling magic guys who launch 10,000 nuclear missiles across the globe. I'm a fan of the Felicity stuff though that latest wishy-washy business about, "Nah, I'm not gonna marry you" smacks of bullsh**. And manufactured drama. It's pretty sad how they did Laurel Lance... two seasons in a row, they don't even give her a single story thing to do not directly tied to Oliver, and now they just kill her. It's weird, I hated her in season 1, found her annoying, season 2 even moreso. Through 3 and especially 4... I found myself coming back around on her. That final "You are the love of my life, Oliver... I'm sorry that I was never yours" was really SAD! And then two episodes later, they're not even mentioning her anymore.

That Vixen actress that shows up here for an episode... wow, yikes, that's probably the worst acting I've seen in any CW show. Every time she opens her mouth, it is literally like she's flatly reading off cue cards. I see she did the voice of Vixen on the animated Vixen show before this... she probably should have stuck to that. There's no way her not joining "Legends of Tomorrow" was a scheduling thing... she is horrendous.

The flashback stuff for Ollie in season 3 and 4 however, man, that's truly horrible. I mean ghastly. Let's go to China, then home, then the island again... where an entirely different group of military guys than the first group of military guys are now looking for magic stuff and enslaving people who are suddenly living on the island? The China/Oliver Queen: Secret Agent stuff had its moments, but every single flashback in 4 could have been cut out and we would have lost nothing. What was the point? To tell us about the idol? Everything we needed to know about it, we learn in the present.

The crossover elements with Flash are a lot of fun.