The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting

Marvel Legends Thread

Discuss ML figures here.

I'm having a friend get me Toxin, it should be here by tomorrow.

Has anyone had any luck finding Carnage?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I was lucky finding black Cat in my local Toy's Us, first time I've ever seen they carry Marvel Legends since the X-Men Last Stand ML Figures and the last Icons line.

man, I wished I bought those Marvel Lenegds Icons when they where there, but nooo. I didn't have anything else in that scale so I dropped them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #3
Vundi
Hench Mutant

I'm not usually a Marvel Legends collector but I've really been a fan of what Hasbro has been doing lately.

I've found a couple of Carnage figures, 1 Black Cat, Countless figures of the rest. Once I finished the Green Goblin BAF, I pretty much stopped looking. Haven't seen a Toxin figure but I really haven't been looking. Did see a Spider-Girl the other day. Left that one on the peg too.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Hey snake, good idea for a thread because I'm huge into Marvel Legends these days

I have all of the 2014 Spidey and Captain America Legends. So yes, I have Toxin and Carnage They weren't that easy to track down since I will only pay retail prices. Took a lot of searching. So congrats on getting Toxin, he's not easy to find.

As for older figures, I have all of the Puck series except Emma (Wolverine, Sabretooth, Cyclops) and all of the Rocket Racoon series except for Scarlet Spidey, which I didn't care for and you don't need him for the BAF anyway (Wrecker, Jean Grey, Black Panther, Modern Hawkeye), both Iron Monger series (Classic IM, Comic Iron Patriot, Heroic Age, mark 42, Ultron and IM3 Iron Patriot)... outside of these, I have a spotty selection of older stuff including Terrax series Thor (he's awesome!!). Another one of my favorites, which I've mentioned before in a different thread, is Astonishing Wolverine from the Apocalypse series

I also ordered all 6 of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy figures. Here are the amazon links if anyone is interested:

Rocket
Nova
Gamora
Star-Lord
Galaxy Iron Man
Drax

If you get them all you'll have all the build-a-figure parts and can build the 7th figure, Groot (see spoiler tag):

Spoiler:

You can also get all 6 figures at BBTS, the price is a little less than amazon, but you have to pay shipping there so the final price is probably higher by $10 or more.

No idea if there will be supply issues with the GotG figures like there has been with Spidey/Cap... but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Better to pre-order when possible!

So yeah, it's a great time to be into Marvel Legends, the only downside is prices have gone up A LOT and it takes more work to find good deals. Starting to become challenging to find new figures for under $20 -- though it's still possible in some cases.

Lastly, check out http://marvellegends.net/ which is a great site if you want to see pics/info for upcoming as well as past Marvel Legends waves (there's A LOT of them dating back to the Toy Biz period)

Last edited by Zulithe; 04-03-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I really want to get the All-New X-Men box set of the original X-Men, but after watching Shartimus Prime's review I'm a little apprehensive about getting them.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:38 AM   #6
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I really want to get the All-New X-Men box set of the original X-Men, but after watching Shartimus Prime's review I'm a little apprehensive about getting them.
It's a poor set for the price.

But with the 20% TRU coupon right now... i guess it's not that terrible.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 AM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

yeah.. And I bet that price ain't getting better on the 2nd hand market, bit of a shame, I love the original X-Men team and the black/blue and yellow costume, and the All-New X-Men comic series is pretty good.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I don't think it's a "poor" set really. As good as the infinite series stuff we've been getting? Nope. But if your Toys R Us has a few to pick from, just take your time and look for some good ones. There are common problems in all the ones I've looked at like missing paint on the Cyclops and Angel figures at the rib cage area and some of the eyes look a little derpy on some but I managed to find a pretty good set. But again, I don't plan on opening them either. I think they look great sitting right in that box and that's where I'm gonna leave them. And if you can get $20 off, go for it.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Been collecting these since literally the first day they were released (and Spidey Classics, before that). Probably have 98% of all released figures, but I'm on the verge of quitting since it's so goddamned hard to find these things over here. We've had the Spidey Infinite series, but Hasbro UK seems to think Captain America won't sell over here, so we're up sh*t creek with that wave...

Had no problems with the first wave of Spidey - got my Cat & Carnage no problem, and I still have a spare Cat MOC. Getting regular restocks too, although it's unlikely we'll be getting the swaps any time soon.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #10
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Heads up!

amazon is now showing Guardians of the Galaxy Nova as 'unavailable' meaning they may have sold out of their pre-order allotment for him.

Will the other figs soon be unavailable too?

Just a note... here is the GotG case breakdown:

Iron Man x2
Star Lord x2
Everything else x1

It doesn't shock me that Nova sold out first, afterall he is the "armybuilder" figure...
Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #11
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hey snake, good idea for a thread because I'm huge into Marvel Legends these days

I have all of the 2014 Spidey and Captain America Legends. So yes, I have Toxin and Carnage They weren't that easy to track down since I will only pay retail prices. Took a lot of searching. So congrats on getting Toxin, he's not easy to find.

As for older figures, I have all of the Puck series except Emma (Wolverine, Sabretooth, Cyclops) and all of the Rocket Racoon series except for Scarlet Spidey, which I didn't care for and you don't need him for the BAF anyway (Wrecker, Jean Grey, Black Panther, Modern Hawkeye), both Iron Monger series (Classic IM, Comic Iron Patriot, Heroic Age, mark 42, Ultron and IM3 Iron Patriot)... outside of these, I have a spotty selection of older stuff including Terrax series Thor (he's awesome!!). Another one of my favorites, which I've mentioned before in a different thread, is Astonishing Wolverine from the Apocalypse series

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...ll-special.jpg

I also ordered all 6 of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy figures. Here are the amazon links if anyone is interested:

Rocket
Nova
Gamora
Star-Lord
Galaxy Iron Man
Drax

If you get them all you'll have all the build-a-figure parts and can build the 7th figure, Groot (see spoiler tag):

You can also get all 6 figures at BBTS, the price is a little less than amazon, but you have to pay shipping there so the final price is probably higher by $10 or more.

No idea if there will be supply issues with the GotG figures like there has been with Spidey/Cap... but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Better to pre-order when possible!

So yeah, it's a great time to be into Marvel Legends, the only downside is prices have gone up A LOT and it takes more work to find good deals. Starting to become challenging to find new figures for under $20 -- though it's still possible in some cases.

Lastly, check out http://marvellegends.net/ which is a great site if you want to see pics/info for upcoming as well as past Marvel Legends waves (there's A LOT of them dating back to the Toy Biz period)
I really wanted that Nova when he was revealed at TF. But he'll probably be as hard to find as a CAWS Black Widow.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I really wanted that Nova when he was revealed at TF. But he'll probably be as hard to find as a CAWS Black Widow.
Confession... I have two black widows!

I found one at Target... bought a second on amazon, I'm holding it for trading, I'm sure it will come in useful someday.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:

I found one at Target... bought a second on amazon, I'm holding it for trading, I'm sure it will come in useful someday.
I'll bite. What are you looking for in a trade?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #14
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

What do you want?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Sorry guys... I didn't mean to sound like I was waving it in front of anyone's face.

It's a wildcard I will keep till I find something to trade for. I'll know it when I see it.

Currently? I will happily trade it for a 6" Star Wars Black Series Stormtrooper. I think they are both about the same rarity right now.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #16
Vundi
Hench Mutant

This guy? I don't have him or anyhing but there is tons of Start Wars stuff on the shelves here. If I can find one I'll pick it up for sure.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #17
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Sorry guys... I didn't mean to sound like I was waving it in front of anyone's face.

It's a wildcard I will keep till I find something to trade for. I'll know it when I see it.

Currently? I will happily trade it for a 6" Star Wars Black Series Stormtrooper. I think they are both about the same rarity right now.
I'll keep an eye out.

Toxin is so cool. I'm ordering a case of the Spider-man series off BBTS.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yes that's the one!

Thanks guys.

FIND ME ONE AND WIDOW SHALL BE YOURS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'll keep an eye out.

Toxin is so cool. I'm ordering a case of the Spider-man series off BBTS.
Wow a case, cool! Well that's one way to get the ones you want.

I can't wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy figs to come out!

I have a feeling that movie is going to EXPLODE, people are going to love the characters and the figs will be hard to find. Especially Rocket and Nova.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #19
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Yes that's the one!

Thanks guys.

FIND ME ONE AND WIDOW SHALL BE YOURS!.

I call dibs!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #20