The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think it's going to be the rumored Sun and Moon "Eclipse" version if it releases in 2018, this is why they wouldn't show anything. If it's indeed a new gen then we won't see it until 2019.
Nah, they made it obvious it'll be an all-new game. A third version of Sun/Moon, after Ultra Sun/Moon on 3DS this year, would make no sense. Inevitable DP remakes also likely wouldn't come until after the start of a new gen.

It's also really obvious Nintendo wants a new gen of Pokemon on Switch. After all this is the 3DS successor, Nintendo has to make sure the Switch is a success and Pokemon always sells millions every new gen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #42
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Metroid games for the 3DS and the Switch, eh? Way to make my wallet your bitch, Nintendo.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #43
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nah, they made it obvious it'll be an all-new game. A third version of Sun/Moon, after Ultra Sun/Moon on 3DS this year, would make no sense. Inevitable DP remakes also likely wouldn't come until after the start of a new gen.

It's also really obvious Nintendo wants a new gen of Pokemon on Switch. After all this is the 3DS successor, Nintendo has to make sure the Switch is a success and Pokemon always sells millions every new gen.
The Pokemon game on the Switch is a RPG, not like the games on handheld.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #44
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
The Pokemon game on the Switch is a RPG, not like the games on handheld.
...do you not think...they're already RPG's?
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #45
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
...do you not think...they're already RPG's?
Don't shoot me, shoot the people advertising this as a RPG that isn't in no way similiar to the handheld games.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #46
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Don't shoot me, shoot the people advertising this as a RPG that isn't in no way similiar to the handheld games.
Show me where "the people" said that, please.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #47
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah I'mma go with "citation needed" since the words outta Ishihara's translator's mouth were:

“Game Freak has begun developing a core RPG Pokémon title on Nintendo Switch."
Old 06-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
All the GameFreak developed main pokemon games are RPG's. They said the next mainline Pokemon is on the Switch, which would be Gen 8 of the Pokemon franchise.

The 3DS is over. Sun/Moon is getting a slightly updated version coming this year and then they're moving onto Gen 8.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #49
sdp
-

The wording of the new Pokemon Switch game is really vague, it could mean many things and even a spin-off like Pokemon Colosseum/XD which were "core RPGs" if you think about it and not mainline.

Now, I do think these will be mainline games and which it is pretty much depends on the release date, he mentioned the game would come out in over a year. So if we go by that a "late 2018" game then yes I do think the rumored "Stars" or "eclipse" will happen. If it's released in late 2019 then yes I think it would be Generation 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Well there's still at least two more Kirby games coming out this year for it (the expansion of the 3D mini-game from Robobot plus one that has pretty much no info and honestly I expected to see here today). New N3DS is also getting Fire Emblem Warriors, and I'm sure you heard about Ultra Sun/Moon.

I felt the complete opposite. The only interesting things they showed are also on other platforms.

Kirby games are always done at the end of a consoles life or to pad out releases, he's not really considered AAA but his an indispensable asset to Nintendo since his games sell decently enough and they can crank them out I didn't know Fire Emblem Heroes was coming out on 3DS and Ultra Sun/Moon are basically enhanced versions of last years games. Since that post we saw Metroid Samus Returns and M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions which both are remakes...I don't see how that's great signs of the consoles life, they're doing the bare minimum to be able to say that it's still alive, but we won't see another original Mario/Zelda in it, Sun and Moon really were the last big original game it'll ever have, at least I think.

I'm fine with the stuff for X-Box being in other platforms since I don't have an X-Box and don't plan on getting one But I do think they had a very solid conference that the others lacked.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #50
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Are you people retarded? In what world is "core Pokemon title" vague? Core and spin off are opposites. I can't believe I even need to explain this. ****ing Twilight Zone in here.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #51
sdp
-

Because, marketing.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:38 PM   #52
Turo602
The King of Kings

I'm so f*ckin excited for Metroid! Praise Reggie! Metroid on 3DS is long overdue and it's exactly what I've wanted. Probably the biggest surprise for me this whole E3. I'm glad Nintendo shut down AM2R with the intention of actually doing one themselves and not just to be dicks.

Overall, I thought this E3 was pretty tame. I'm definitely disappointed that a lot of the games I wanted to see were absent and most of what interested me had already been revealed before. While it was nice seeing more, I expected more surprises from E3. Not trying to downplay how strong a lot of the showings were, because I'm very much interested in a lot of the games I saw, but none of it was really anything I'd lose my sh*t over. Aside from Metroid and The Evil Within 2 of course.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #53
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Because, marketing.
OK. Show me one example of a marketing campaign that used the word "core" to explain something not-core. Show me the precedent to back your line of thinking.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #54
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Kirby games are always done at the end of a consoles life or to pad out releases, he's not really considered AAA but his an indispensable asset to Nintendo since his games sell decently enough and they can crank them out I didn't know Fire Emblem Heroes was coming out on 3DS and Ultra Sun/Moon are basically enhanced versions of last years games. Since that post we saw Metroid Samus Returns and M&L Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions which both are remakes...I don't see how that's great signs of the consoles life, they're doing the bare minimum to be able to say that it's still alive, but we won't see another original Mario/Zelda in it, Sun and Moon really were the last big original game it'll ever have, at least I think.
There's a massive difference between EoL and dead. Dead is Wii U and Vita. They are receiving zero first party support in the way of games, and almost nothing in third except indie titles that take nothing more than a stability check from them. Nintendo is still supporting 3DS with a handful of titles as noted and it doesn't matter if they're remakes or ports or what... they're still supporting it. The Metroid remake is even getting Amiibos.

And there was nothing ambiguous with the wording of the Switch title. Literally everybody except you puppies understood what it meant.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:27 AM   #55
snake
Disgusting

Why is a core pokemon game on a console so hard for people to understand when the Switch is portable? It works.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #56
sdp
-

I do believe it's going to be a "mainline" Pokemon game, I'm just saying until we see what it is we don't really know for sure what it will be. As I mentioned depending on release date would confirm if it's Gen 7 or 8 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an RPG but not a mainline game.

Let's not forget that the only time something similar happened was during the beginning of the DS' life and it was selling poorly in which they stepped in and mentioned the next generation of Pokemon games would not be for game boy but for the DS. Most people forget the super long"Road to Diamond and Pearl" that we had before they ever showed anything from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
OK. Show me one example of a marketing campaign that used the word "core" to explain something not-core. Show me the precedent to back your line of thinking.
Can you show me an example where Nintendo or The Pokemon Company used the term "core".

I do remember specifically that Colosseum was marketed as a console RPG Pokemon game which was true but it wasn't a mainline game, they even did the whole "you visit a new region", "you will see new shadow Pokemon" etc. People were fairly upset when it ended up being Stadium with a quasi-RPG game, which btw I liked.

Companies use vague terms to get people excited or dismiss a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole announcement was only made after the backlash that they received after Ultra Sun/Moon were announced, Nintendo did the same thing in a previous E3 were they blew it and later had to reveal that they were working on Zelda during an interview or meeting with Miyamoto which eventually became Skyward Sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
There's a massive difference between EoL and dead. Dead is Wii U and Vita. They are receiving zero first party support in the way of games, and almost nothing in third except indie titles that take nothing more than a stability check from them. Nintendo is still supporting 3DS with a handful of titles as noted and it doesn't matter if they're remakes or ports or what... they're still supporting it. The Metroid remake is even getting Amiibos.
Amiibos were made for the Wii U and that was pretty much dead, because they sold regardless of what they were meant for.

You're right the 3DS isn't officially dead, but Nintendo has tried to market it as if it still were a relevant system where it's pretty much been at the "end of life" for a while now, Sun and Moon were the last big hoorah it'll ever get. There is indeed a difference in the type of support it gets, and Wii / Wii U ports and remakes shows that they don't really have much intention than to please the current fanbase.

If they really wanted to keep the 3DS alive we would've seen some big announcements for 3DS or new 3DS exclusive/enhanced games, especially with the new 2DS coming out.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #57
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Can you show me an example where Nintendo or The Pokemon Company used the term "core".
Right, what I thought. What a dumb and awful counter argument. Anyway, I'm out. People like you are the worst to talk to.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #58
sdp
-

Throwing a fit and saying "you're out" doesn't make you right you know. I think I explained pretty well in my posts what I meant and you chose to ignore. And yeah I can't there's no example because I can't find any example where a "core" game being used by either Nintendo or GameFreak/TPC, they don't use these terms like this but obviously I'm "retarded" for suggesting that it could be ambiguous.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well now that E3 is over, games I'm looking forward to:

Switch/3DS games:

Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Mario/Rabbids (maybe if it gets good reviews)
Metroid II remake
Metroid Prime 4
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga remake for 3DS
Hey, Pikmin

PS4 games:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy
God of War
Spiderman
Days Gone
The Evil Within 2
Crash Bandicoot remaster
Shadow of the Collossus remake

Games in the "maybe" pile that I might get if they get good reviews or I have spare time to play them:

Star Wars Battlefront 2
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein

And...that's it for the time being. I might wind up getting all these eventually anyway due to sales.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #60
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Throwing a fit and saying "you're out" doesn't make you right you know. I think I explained pretty well in my posts what I meant and you chose to ignore. And yeah I can't there's no example because I can't find any example where a "core" game being used by either Nintendo or GameFreak/TPC, they don't use these terms like this but obviously I'm "retarded" for suggesting that it could be ambiguous.
No, if anything, it's because you don't understand the basic concept of word definitions.

In the next Nintendo Direct, Reggie is going to say "juxtaposition" and you'll pretend the meaning is ambiguous because you've never heard him say it before.

The meaning of what he said is pretty cut-and-dry and nobody else is questioning what he meant.

Tags
electronic arts, microsoft, nintendo, sony, ubisoft