The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #381
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I
You think?
I'm not so sure the whole "a new SWs in December" is a tradition they're not going to want to give up and the only thing going for that theory is that they haven't announced anything post-episode IX. I don't think we'll see Episode X for a while and even then we might get Episode X just two years after IX regardless I do think they'll continue with spin-offs .
Yeah, I seriously doubt X will come out 2 years after IX. I do believe we'll see a Star Wars movie every year, but not the start of trilogy #4 for an extra couple of years.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #382
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm sure they're going to make their Yoda or Boba Fett movie eventually. If they thought young Han Solo was a good idea by picking an actor who looks nothing like Harrison Ford, it's a lot easier to do Yoda and Boba Fett movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #383
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm sure they're going to make their Yoda or Boba Fett movie eventually. If they thought young Han Solo was a good idea by picking an actor who looks nothing like Harrison Ford, it's a lot easier to do Yoda and Boba Fett movies.
Josh Trank was doing the Boba Fett movie before he and it got sh*tcanned, wasn't he? I'm sure they'll unmothball it at some point.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #384
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah he was. I'm sure it'll be revived at some point when the right director comes along, it's clearly on their radar.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #385
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You think?
I'm not so sure the whole "a new SWs in December" is a tradition they're not going to want to give up and the only thing going for that theory is that they haven't announced anything post-episode IX. I don't think we'll see Episode X for a while and even then we might get Episode X just two years after IX regardless I do think they'll continue with spin-offs . There's already a few rumored and any of those would come out after IX, I'm guessing they're just holding on, on announcing them for a bit.
They're already ending the "new SW in December" next year as Han Solo is in May. IX's date isn't confirmed yet obviously but I believe that's expected to be May as well.

Post-IX they have plenty of options - just continue doing stand alone Star Wars Stories (something they acknowledge has been considered), do X-XII (in which case there would likely be at least a 5 year gap, more likely longer if they want to keep the generational aspect of the Skywalker Saga) or start a new trilogy or saga like KOTOR or NJO (which they could do straight away after IX).

Personally I hope they end the Skywalker Saga at IX as a trilogy of trilogies, keep doing the stand alone Stories & start a new trilogy or saga to alternate years with.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #386
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I watched "Through imperial eyes", and I must say: it was fabulous.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #387
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They just had the Star Wars Rebels panel at Star Wars Celebrations today, and they just announced that Season 4 will be the final Season of the series, They also showed the trailer for Season 4.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #388
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Nice trailer.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #389
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Sweeeet!!!
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:31 AM   #390
Allio
Foot Elite

haven't started Rebels yet (on Clone Wars season 2)
Old 04-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #391
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

I wonder if they'll kill all of them for the series finale, what do you guys think?

Well we see the ship from Rebels in Rogue One but we don't know who's piloting and also Rogue One could take place before the series finale, which brings me to...

I wonder if they'll reference Rogue One in any way, maybe one episode in the season has to do with Rogue One? That would be cool.

I have mixed feelings, I would've liked some more adventures with them but I'm guessing it'll be replaced with a new SW show and maybe with something cool and refreshing so that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
(on Clone Wars season 2)
Fun show but not as amazing as people make it out to be. I prefer the "inferior" anthology like first two seasons over the story arc centric later seasons which the majority prefers. But to me it stopped being about the clone wars and more about random drama and decisions that while cool don't really make sense in the larger scope that al this happened in the Clone Wars.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #392
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

We know Hera survives based on the Forces of Destiny news. The rest are up in the air but I can't imagine they'd do a mass killing of the main characters like Rogue One for a show targeted for kids. I hope the series finale is the Battle of Scarif from the Rebels pov.

If they don't kill Kanan or Ezra this season then they better have a damn good story reason to get them far away from the Rebel Alliance. I still hate the fact that those two will be running around Yavin so close to the start of Episode IV.

Filoni did say there is more to come from animation but didn't give any specifics.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #393
CyberCubed
Overlord

So with Rebels ending will there be another CG show to replace it? If they make another CG show I really would like it to be a series where they can jump around the different eras and make stories not confined to one particular timeline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #394
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So with Rebels ending will there be another CG show to replace it? If they make another CG show I really would like it to be a series where they can jump around the different eras and make stories not confined to one particular timeline.
I wouldn't be surprise if they announce another series after it, Rebels took place before A New Hope, So what if this new series takes place after Return Of The Jedi? they can tell stories that span 30 years right up to The Force Awakens.

Or do a story set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, so many possibilities.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:44 AM   #395
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

A show set between IV and V would be awful. They've already mined the hell out of that timeframe through comics and books. I hope the new series is far away from the OT timeline.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #396
ToTheNines
[sic]

Right? The current Marvel run is filling that period with Star Wars/Darth Vader/Doctor Aphra, plus several of their minis. There's no more room.

Smart move would be to follow a group of Resistance fighters pre-Force Awakens. Leia, Poe, Phasma and others could cameo. Eventually have it catch up to TFA and TLJ.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #397
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Well damn. Filoni said we won't see the Battle of Scarif in Rebels. I'm guessing the finale will have to do with some big battle to free Lothal.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-r...-scarif-jedha/
Old 04-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #398
ToTheNines
[sic]

Edited for retardation

Last edited by ToTheNines; 09-03-2017 at 10:54 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #399
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #400
JH24
Hench Mutant

I have to admit, the trailer was better than I expected. But the season 3 trailer was very misleading, and season 3 ended in disappointment for me personally (except for a few episodes)

I can't allow myself to get invested in this series again, although I liked what I saw in the trailer.

Last edited by JH24; 09-03-2017 at 12:59 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote