The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Wha'd you think of the Justice Force?
Battling Bernice is a hottie! 8 34.78%
*insert show quote here* 6 26.09%
That steel guy looks like my uncle... O.o;;;; 1 4.35%
Meh, another filler....Bring on the Brawl!!!!! 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 06:35 AM   #21
Albrecht
Mad Scientist

booooring

But, at least we finally saw Casey kick SOMEONES ass
Old 05-11-2004, 07:30 AM   #22
J Legault
Mad Scientist

This board has been down for days. Do you guys know how many times I been trying to get in here but the 403 Forrbiden Sign would keep poping up.

Anyway I been looking forward to this episode for a while. And I like this one allot more than Unconvincing TurtleTitan, Since these superheros been around much long than Silver Sentry.

I thought Mike Pollock would play one of them but I couldn't tell.

Stainless Steve is my favorite of the bunch along with Joey Lastic.

My favorite parts are when Mikey would act out the comic book and Splinter trying to get some quite around.
The Comic book geeks at the Shop asking the Turtle who they are(reminds me of FanBoy from Freakazoid).
Silver Sentry Action Figure was a nice camoe.

The Domenoids are bit neat, cause they are just as easy as beating the Mousers.

I thought Dr. Dome was going to do some villian stuff but it turn out to be Battling Bernice's Daughter Amanda.

Very surprising to see that she was also Dome's Daughter when she reveals she's a person with a dome head.

I really like this episode. Retired Superheros are always cool.
I give it 5 out 5 stars.

I hope we'll see the Justice Force again.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:18 AM   #23
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder utrom
The Episode was making fun of Marvel Comics Characters it was really cheesey.They should stick to more Shredder based Episodes or quit using the parody stuff.
Kinda like the old series?

I thought this was a great episode, and I just couldn't wait to see it. Somhow, I actually would rather this be the season finalie, since it's a one shot episode, and you don't have to wait a summer for the rest of the story...

I liked most of the changes from the comic, though I did miss that stone guy who Froze himself to death in a John Travolta pose I always loved that gag....
Old 05-11-2004, 10:43 AM   #24
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff
I thought this episode was awesome, its just a little suspicious that Casey called Steve his friend and during the entire episode they didn't even talk.
---He probably was thinkin'...

"Hey!, you did'nt tell me you were a super-hero...I thought
I could trust you...I'm not talking to you anymore..."
Old 05-11-2004, 11:44 AM   #25
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101
I liked it. Metalhead never talked though. Is it a boy or a girl? I was getting kinda confussd in the love triangle when her daughter showed up. What was her name?
The daughter's name was Amanda, which I thought was cool because that's the name of a well-known TMNT fan online: Amandatello! It's like, how many people can you think of in the TMNT universe with names of online fans? Unless there's a lot of April fans, I can hardly think of anyone that I know who shares the same name of a character in TMNT!
Slight correction here, peeps: Her name is ANANDA. Both here and in TMNT Vol. 1, #15. It's no thing, though. Amanda and Ananda sounda an awful lot alike...especially if you're wrapped up in the actiona and not paying very close attention.

All-in-all, this was pretty good ep. I really liked how close it was to the original comic. So some miniscule things were different (like Ananda being the "villian" in it). Meh. It was still a pretty good ep. Can't wait for the "Big Brawl", though. THAT sound ROCK!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:03 PM   #26
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinatello
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101
I liked it. Metalhead never talked though. Is it a boy or a girl? I was getting kinda confussd in the love triangle when her daughter showed up. What was her name?
The daughter's name was Amanda, which I thought was cool because that's the name of a well-known TMNT fan online: Amandatello! It's like, how many people can you think of in the TMNT universe with names of online fans? Unless there's a lot of April fans, I can hardly think of anyone that I know who shares the same name of a character in TMNT!
Slight correction here, peeps: Her name is ANANDA. Both here and in TMNT Vol. 1, #15. It's no thing, though. Amanda and Ananda sounda an awful lot alike...especially if you're wrapped up in the actiona and not paying very close attention.
Oh, it was that way in the book? Alrighty, but ya know? I was guessing on Ananda at first because that's what it sounded like. Then, I was talking to someone in AIM and they said it can't be Ananda because it's Sanskrit. Looking it up, the name means "Spiritual bliss, joyful." That's why I figured it'd be Amanda instead and then...went from there. You can tell I haven't read the original issue in ages. But, looking up the name, Ananda, it's very interesting!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #27
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Yep, it is, 'cause I just happen to be lucky enough to be the proud owner of a copy of that particular issue.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #28
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder utrom
The Episode was making fun of Marvel Comics Characters it was really cheesey.They should stick to more Shredder based Episodes or quit using the parody stuff.
I guess I'm the only one whos tired of shredder allready then.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #29
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Yeah.. I gotta say, as much as I love Shredder, it's nice to have them go off on adventures without him once and awhile...

It's like Batman always having to fight the Joker, the Riddler, or Penguin. No Raz a Ghoul (SP?) no one shot villains... just Penguin/Joker/Riddler.... I think that if all the eps were about Shredder, the series wouldn't be as strong as it is.

If anything, non-Shredder episodes build up the tension for the episodes with him in them. It's like if you have Pizza every night for dinner... there wouldn't be anything to look forward too, and it wouldn't be a treat, or as rare. but if you have a variety of meals, and pizza on occasion, it makes the pizza more special. Sorry about to over use of metaphores....
Old 05-11-2004, 03:34 PM   #30
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant

I really enjoyed this episode. There were tons of funny things going on, and it was pretty entertaining for a "filler" episode. I liked how it closely it followed the original Mirage comic that it was based off of, yet there were plenty of different twists. For example, the kidnappings of the various heroes, as well as the surprise ending. I wasn't expecting Battling Bernice to be Dr. Dome's daughter, since her father was never revealed in the comics. In fact, Dr. Dome was behind all of the attacks, so seeing Bernice as the culprit was even more of a surprise. All in all, I thought it was great. I'm just sad that next week will be the last new episode we'll be seeing in a while.

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #31
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Casey, can you spot me some cash, I HAVE to have this!

Makes me feel better about myself going into comic shops.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:06 AM   #32
J Legault
Mad Scientist

I can tell Casey didn't speak to Steve much. He said he's knows him but he didn't say anything like "We enjoying talking about comics all the time" or "He's a super friend as if he were to be an actul superhero".

Course Casey doesn't really look like the type to collect comics, he looks more of the type to collect Sports Magazines.

Funny that Metalhead was the only member of the team that didn't speak much.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #33
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Awesome episode! I love how they altered Doc Dome and Battling Bernice's storyline in this one! The other 4 dudes are pretty much the same as they were/are in the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo
Mirage Studios released many TMNT comics with silly stories that don't fit in with the real dark, gritty, serious story line. The new series should not have included it. Stuff like this will make the TMNT look like a joke. Sorry for those who enjoyed the episode. I don't want to come off as a b1tch, It's just my personal opinion.
Hey, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm glad you adressed your feelings in a mature manner.
However, I must disagree with what you say about the TMNT looking like a joke just because they got alittle cornball in this episode. There was a little comment Michelangelo said in this episode about taking comic books so seriously, which is true to some of us real life fans. We take this fictional stuff way too seriously at times and it causes us to loose touch with reality.

www.jephael.com
Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 AM   #34
Serp
Hench Mutant

This was a fun episode that I like. I'm a comic book fan so it helped me to like it even more. Why do people call this a filler episode if there is a comic based on this episode?
Old 05-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #35
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Well this episode which is non-shredder plotted but it does come from the Mirage comics. So this episode is considered to be Mirage/Filler episode. Which is like Original and Filler at the same time.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:10 PM   #36
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanhilton-Jac
This was a fun episode that I like. I'm a comic book fan so it helped me to like it even more. Why do people call this a filler episode if there is a comic based on this episode?
It's not a filler episode it's part of the plot and these are reoccurring characters.....I am really starting to get ticked by people calling adapted episodes filler.....but it seems to be that the people calling these episodes filler are Shreddafiles....yes I just made up the term lol I think it fits for people addicted to shredder.
But seriously everything in this new series is connected in some way just about and just about every character is a reoccurring one so any of this for the show atleast is filler....
-VM
Old 05-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #37
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

^It was hard to read what he said but it is true, they aren't filler episodes anymore, its the whole series now.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #38
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

sorry
Old 05-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #39
Triceraton
Foot Soldier

I agree, this isn't a "filler" episode really. And Shredder needs to go away for awhile, I hope he doesn't show up until at least halfway through Season 3. There are plenty of other characters that can be used, and plenty of unused Mirage stuff as well. Shredder should never go away completely, but it would it get old if they continued to bring him back as often as they have been.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:29 AM   #40
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceraton
Shredder should never go away completely, but it would it get old if they continued to bring him back as often as they have been.
That's a bit of an exaggeration, since he's not been used hardly at all in Season 2. Just look atthe episodes he actually has a part in. Hell, he was bearly in City at War, and Secret Origins pt. 1 he only appears in the history files of the Utroms. Saying he was over-used or used often in Season 2 is not fair.

Season 2 - 26 Episodes
---------------------------
Shredder Appearances - 6 or 7

Secret Origins pt. 1
Secret Origins pt. 2
Secret Origins pt. 3
Reflections - Doesn't really count, since it's all flashbacks
City at War pt. 3
Rogue in the House pt. 1
Rogue in the House pt. 2

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide