The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Karai's snake arms

So about Karai's snake arms, do they have a mind of their own and and an esophagus? Kind of seems like there would be a problem if they did.

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

King Hiss could probably tell you but I hear he's a hard guy to get a hold of.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Those arms seemed to have a lizard brain.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I loved the design but also was glad Karai could still hold a human form when she wanted.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #5
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i kinda wanted them to be her shoulder angels.

except she'd probably have two devils. apologies for the curse word.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1590378824771.jpg (17.2 KB, 12 views)

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:49 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

*shrug*not thought about it. If we are talking about eating I think in snake form she has an extra mouth at the back of her head too (less I am thinking of something else) I tend to ignore for her having retained the mutation when it doesn't come up, glad she is in human form most of the time.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I find it strange. I guess they wanted to sorta keep her arms when she's in her snake form and the simple body shape of a snake doesn't exactly offer any reasonable options, but it's still a weird choice.

Still need bones inside those skinny arms, so hoping she can't eat with them and they are just extra venom? Because if there was an esophagus through them, I don't care how stretchy snakes are, there's not much room in those arms for anything besides her bones, and what does the rib cage look like if the snake arms are connected to her stomach? If a snake arm randomly swallows up a stray dog, is it going to get stuck at the elbow or shoulder?

"Omg, Karai, is that a tumor on your arm??"
"Nah, just lunch."

Even weirder is that mouth in the back of the head, as Newfan mentioned, that I think we only saw a quick shot of maybe just once or twice. Why is this even a thing?? lol

Imagine if the same thing applied to Fishface, getting extra fish for arms and legs. I mean, if it works that way for Karai, then why not? o.O
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

One of my favorite things about this franchise, is how EVERY decision ever made in its history from a character design standpoint was from a place of, "Well, this merely looks cool!" with absolutely zero thought put in beyond that... because they assume it's only gonna be viewed by young children who don't know or care.

BUT meanwhile, the real audience is a bunch of hyper-analytical types prone to chronic over-thinking who desperately want everything to make logical sense.

Not saying the fans are the ones at fault in that scenario, mind you. I like that people are thinkin'! I just can't help but enjoy the constant disconnect between an audience who cares "too much" and developers who care "not at all".

Like you just know that they see questions like this and just roll their eyes, because they put all of two seconds' thought into it and never expected anyone to second-guess it. They have no idea who their own audience is, and that's kinda funny sometimes.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:47 AM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I loved the design but also was glad Karai could still hold a human form when she wanted.
Yeah if she couldn?t that?d be hard for her to wipe after pooping. Don?t want that accidentally fall into one of her mouths...
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And there it is, the unseeable mental image this thread was so desperately needing, unknown to the rest of us...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:06 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
One of my favorite things about this franchise, is how EVERY decision ever made in its history from a character design standpoint was from a place of, "Well, this merely looks cool!" with absolutely zero thought put in beyond that... because they assume it's only gonna be viewed by young children who don't know or care.

BUT meanwhile, the real audience is a bunch of hyper-analytical types prone to chronic over-thinking who desperately want everything to make logical sense.

Not saying the fans are the ones at fault in that scenario, mind you. I like that people are thinkin'! I just can't help but enjoy the constant disconnect between an audience who cares "too much" and developers who care "not at all".

Like you just know that they see questions like this and just roll their eyes, because they put all of two seconds' thought into it and never expected anyone to second-guess it. They have no idea who their own audience is, and that's kinda funny sometimes.
This is why April Derp is one of my favorite designs of anything ever, with Mega Shredder as a close second. They didn't care about logistics and were like "what is the most fked up thing we can get away with here?"