The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

2012 TMNT As Turtle Prime?

Appearance:

Would or could this show have benefited from less cartoony designs? What if Ciro Nieli had opted for a more Turtle Prime looking show (like at the end of TMNT Forever)?

Could Eastman and Laird's evolved designs, like from issue 2 or 3 onwards helped this show in any way?

Tone:

What if the 2012 TMNT had the personalities of the Mirage turtles. Or what if the 2012 TMNT show had the less humorous, less campy feel of say, Mirage circa issue 10?

Obviously the show wouldn't work in black and white, BUT what if Ciro had treated this show the way Steve Baron treated the aesthetic of the 1990 movie.

Do yo think it could have worked or would it more or less been a CGI 4Kids series all over again?

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 07-19-2020 at 08:12 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

If we are talking about improving the show then I think it could benefited from better writing and pacing rather then a change in appearance and tone.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #3
ABrown
Banned

There is absolutely no chance that this would have ever happened. Nickelodeon's interest in the TMNT franchise is to milk the original cartoon any possible way that they can (see attached image). Frankly, I'm surprised that neither the 2012 series nor the Rise series wasn't a virtual duplication of the original cartoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-05-22-10-29_080213032128_imageset.jpg (78.5 KB, 28 views)
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Could Eastman and Laird's evolved designs, like from issue 2 or 3 onwards helped this show in any way?
I would consider their designs in #50 to be the final evolution.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #5
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I would consider their designs in #50 to be the final evolution.
Yeah. I guess that's true! Would those designs have worked better then?
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #6
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Might late to the party to say but terms of aesthetic, I wouldn't change a thing.

I would love if someone could actually adapted this entire series into a novel but with a heavy focus of the on-going storylines of the show and cut out all of the standalone stories or at least put all of them into a separate book of short stories like shellshocked in mirage and get rid some of the things that are just repeating each other. I seriously did not need to see three invasions in this series. I am just saying one is enough.

Oh and I would cut down on North Hampathon into one chapter instead of being 8 freaking episodes equivalent of it because seriously just no.

So combine season 1, 2, and 3 into one big book. The change in here is that instead of succeeding in defeating the kraang in first season, they fail and it was so bad that they had to escaped the city, splinter dies, and by the time the Kraang reaches North Hampton, they attempt with a last ditch effort but fail again but at the least minute was saved by Professor Honeycutt.

The first half season 4 would be the second book ( and in this version Splinter is still dead) and later half along be the next book and season 5 would be the final book.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 10-12-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #7
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

In reading the first post of this thread, wasn't that basically what the 2k3 show was? Sure it wasn't an exact copy, but in terms of tone, characterization (save for Mikey) etc, that's kind of how I interpreted the 2k3 show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Frankly, I'm surprised that neither the 2012 series nor the Rise series wasn't a virtual duplication of the original cartoon.
Give it time. I have a feeling that's what they'll roll out next.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
In reading the first post of this thread, wasn't that basically what the 2k3 show was? Sure it wasn't an exact copy, but in terms of tone, characterization (save for Mikey) etc, that's kind of how I interpreted the 2k3 show.

Give it time. I have a feeling that's what they'll roll out next.
Sad but true.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 10-17-2020, 04:49 PM   #9
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I seriously did not need to see three invasions in this series. I am just saying one is enough.

Oh and I would cut down on North Hampathon into one chapter instead of being 8 freaking episodes equivalent of it because
i preferred having the 8 ep in north Hampton as it gave it a way to see the impact on the turtles and how they overcame it into eventually going back, and about the invasion thing, yeah one was enough
Old 10-18-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygaming reviews View Post
i preferred having the 8 ep in north Hampton as it gave it a way to see the impact on the turtles and how they overcame it into eventually going back, and about the invasion thing, yeah one was enough
Maybe for Leo but everyone else look like they were on holiday. The biggest weakness of the show was the way they had paused storylines at so many times that it seriously gave me anxiety. A lot of development for characters were either done off screen or quickly done in one episode, and most annoying is that they do same thing in other "standalone episodes" with ADD Mic "Why you guys keep treating me like a idoit"angelo and prima donna Raph"I am going to quite the team for 67th time" ael. Don't even get me started on Donnie.

Introduce new characters was the only thing that I actually really love but afterwards they didn't know what to with them anymore. It was so frustrating.
We’re not unicorns!

Last edited by Luckyday; 10-21-2020 at 08:09 AM.