The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #161
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

They do look a lot like the promotional art that they have been using for the retro stuff. I was first turned off as I don't particularly like that style some other angles they do look pretty cool. They look a step up from the Playmates versions but I am still satisfied with them. I particularly like the 1990 movie turtles with exception to Don's head sculpt.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #162
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Well I'm getting mine from Coro so hopefully the price won't be to high.
What's Coro?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 AM   #163
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What's Coro?
The user on the Boards.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:35 AM   #164
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So cute!!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #165
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Seems like everyone that buys into the TMNT license makes the four Turtles and quits, I'd buy into this line if I knew they were going to give us more.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:06 AM   #166
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Alternate heads! Yes!

I don't order Japanese figures very often, can anyone with experience explain how best to get these? Like for example are Amazon US likely to get them?
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #167
Reigner
Thug

These will be Tamashii Web Exclusives (TWE), meaning in Japan they can only be purchased on the website, doubly meaning that only those with a Japanese home address can order them, which is where various Middlemen come into play. Usually Middlemen come with a high fee on top of the MSRP as a way to pay for their time and effort. Unfortunately I don't know of many good ones anymore as the big one (YokattaWeb) packed up shop and quit. HLJ, amiami, hobbysearch WONT be getting these. Nippon-Yasan sometimes puts up preorders for TWEs

In fact they have the PO pages up already, with only a slight markup. Site is pay up front, shipping charges sent as a separate payment request on release.

Don
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures...d-edition.html

Leo

Also when these were originally shown at NYCC, it was said they'd be treated like the DBZ Figuarts that Bandai produces. Where they are TWEs in Japan but are distributed through Bluefin through various online outlets like BigBadToyStore. Amazon will not likely be getting these in proper as they've had a falling out with Bluefin recently, though they may end up there through third party sellers for stupid money.

Best bet is to wait for this weekend to see if any announcement happens through Bluefin at Toyfair. TWEs are usually Made to Order anyway with the POs closing about two months before release (so June). So they wont be selling out anytime soon.
Reigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #168
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigner View Post
These will be Tamashii Web Exclusives (TWE), meaning in Japan they can only be purchased on the website, doubly meaning that only those with a Japanese home address can order them, which is where various Middlemen come into play. Usually Middlemen come with a high fee on top of the MSRP as a way to pay for their time and effort. Unfortunately I don't know of many good ones anymore as the big one (YokattaWeb) packed up shop and quit. HLJ, amiami, hobbysearch WONT be getting these. Nippon-Yasan sometimes puts up preorders for TWEs

In fact they have the PO pages up already, with only a slight markup. Site is pay up front, shipping charges sent as a separate payment request on release.

Don

Leo

Also when these were originally shown at NYCC, it was said they'd be treated like the DBZ Figuarts that Bandai produces. Where they are TWEs in Japan but are distributed through Bluefin through various online outlets like BigBadToyStore. Amazon will not likely be getting these in proper as they've had a falling out with Bluefin recently, though they may end up there through third party sellers for stupid money.

Best bet is to wait for this weekend to see if any announcement happens through Bluefin at Toyfair. TWEs are usually Made to Order anyway with the POs closing about two months before release (so June). So they wont be selling out anytime soon.
This is not true. They are being carried in the US and distributed by Bluefin. They are the Tamashii exclusive distributors for all licenses to the US. I put a message out to my sales rep today to get an update.

These are the same people that BBTS and every other US company has to order from. Like I said, if I can get enough people on board I think I can get a large order together and get us all a discount.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #169
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What's Coro?
That's me- My username before I started the store. I debated on changing it to the store name, but have not as of yet.

SpaceMonkeyToys

Old 02-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #170
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
This is not true. They are being carried in the US and distributed by Bluefin. They are the Tamashii exclusive distributors for all licenses to the US. I put a message out to my sales rep today to get an update.

These are the same people that BBTS and every other US company has to order from. Like I said, if I can get enough people on board I think I can get a large order together and get us all a discount.
I'm in for all four if you can get them.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #171
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Thanks for the info guys!!

I would like these too Coro, so please keep us updated as I will buy off of you or a guy that offered these on my Instagram if you can't get them. He told me that they will be up on his site soon for pre-order. If you can get us discounts though, it may be cheaper to do it that way (which I'm all for)!

Agelessgeeks.com is who told me that they will have them stateside for pre-order soon! Never ordered or heard of them though so feel free to add your 2 cents if you have any info

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #172
Coro
Mad Scientist

Already got a response from my sales rep...

--------------------------------------------------
Bluefin is the exclusive distributor of SH Figuarts, so of course we’ll be getting them! Keep a look out for the solicitation.

Warm Regards,

Key Account Executive
Bluefin Distribution
------------------------------------

She is kind of flaky but the solicitation side of the house is very on top of things. As soon as I get the option to pre-order I will let you know. If these come packed in a case of 24 like most of these SH Figurarts figures I can carry these if I can get about 10 people from the drome on here. As always dromers get 10% off my store on all TMNT merch (right now thats just TLS stuff cause I moved the rest). I will prob list at the same cost of BBTS, but with dromer discount thats 10%. Will keep posting here with any updates I get.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #173
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

These guys looks beautiful. I'm amazed how much a difference the color changes made compared to the earlier SH Figuarts figures, the silver buckles looks great and I love the darker skin colors.

Very happy about alternative belt piece for storing weapons. leo's swords' handles is very short, but it is cartoon accurate, so it's manageable.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #174
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Bluefin is the exclusive distributor of SH Figuarts, so of course we’ll be getting them! Keep a look out for the solicitation.

Warm Regards,

Key Account Executive
Bluefin Distribution

She is kind of flaky but the solicitation side of the house is very on top of things. As soon as I get the option to pre-order I will let you know. If these come packed in a case of 24 like most of these SH Figurarts figures I can carry these if I can get about 10 people from the drome on here. As always dromers get 10% off my store on all TMNT merch (right now thats just TLS stuff cause I moved the rest). I will prob list at the same cost of BBTS, but with dromer discount thats 10%. Will keep posting here with any updates I get.
I can be counted as 1 of th 10

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #175
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

I'm in 2 of 10
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #176
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Warm Regards,

Key Account Executive
Bluefin Distribution

Is payment due upfront or when they are in stock?
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #177
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

3 of 10 here
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #178
Reigner
Thug

Quote:

Unsure which part "Im wrong" about, as I said the exact same thing you're saying, but ok, I'm wrong.
Reigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:40 AM   #179
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Will keep posting here with any updates I get.
Will be enjoying the wait until then Also thank you for keeping us updated!
Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #180
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Make me 4 of 10.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote