The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #721
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
But who gets the privilege of being considered a "Top Critic?"

The RT scores basically favor some "critics" over others and give lower credibility to audience ratings.

A Top Critic is a
Quote:
professional film critic at an outlet invited to join RT. Then, you have to establish a history of several years working at prominent outlets with significant readership/viewership, and be considered by the public, peers, and (especially) RT to be influential and providing high quality film reviews. In other words, be a well known critic who writes impressive reviews at a well-known outlet for a long period of time.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-c...b036b5fdb9e5e9

It ain't some conspiracy theory, it's standard RT.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #722
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I'm seeing less and less distinction between you guys and the SJWs you swear to abhor. Every time I come on here, you're bellyaching about someone disrespecting you and your masculinity.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:13 AM   #723
Vegita-San
Emperor

trolling is not your forte. no one can be that clueless on what's being talked about here.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 04-26-2019, 02:17 AM   #724
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I'm seeing less and less distinction between you guys and the SJWs you swear to abhor. Every time I come on here, you're bellyaching about someone disrespecting you and your masculinity.
Is this the part where anyone with a different viewpoint just needs to shut their mouth lest their posts be deleted or edited? Seems like it.

I mean, I'd love to actually respond to this post. But I know where the rabbit hole leads.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:42 AM   #725
Vegita-San
Emperor

where is krang for de-modding when we need him? sometimes it's fun to take arrogant people down a notch or two.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:25 AM   #726
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is this the part where anyone with a different viewpoint just needs to shut their mouth lest their posts be deleted or edited? Seems like it.
Still mad that you can't post political bait threads anymore?
Old 04-26-2019, 06:15 AM   #727
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

That banning hit hard. Though I do appreciate the attempt to sneak their whining into Everything Else, like no one would notice the continued pearl clutching.

And it's not the opposing opinions that offend. I've been clear about that time and again. The thing that gets you in trouble is the borderline extremism and political baiting.

Not to mention the links to white nationalist and alt-right websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB
I mean, I'd love to actually respond to this post. But I know where the rabbit hole leads.
Again, I'd love to have a conversation about it, but you typically just fall back on dismissing any point given with "so what?!" and "who cares?!" That's assuming you respond at all. Typically you just ignore the post and move on with the circlejerk.

Contrast this with some other members who lean right and actually back up their points with explanations, experiences, and other things that actually LEAD to a discussion.

Last edited by Voltron; 04-26-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #728
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Contrast this with some other members who lean right and actually back up their points with explanations, experiences, and other things that actually LEAD to a discussion.
You mean the ones who feign to like you?
Old 04-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #729
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
And it's not the opposing opinions that offend.
Quote:
So..exactly that then?
Old 04-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #730
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That banning hit hard. Though I do appreciate the attempt to sneak their whining into Everything Else, like no one would notice the continued pearl clutching.

And it's not the opposing opinions that offend. I've been clear about that time and again. The thing that gets you in trouble is the borderline extremism and political baiting.

Again, I'd love to have a conversation about it, but you typically just fall back on dismissing any point given with "so what?!" and "who cares?!" That's assuming you respond at all. Typically you just ignore the post and move on with the circlejerk.

I would to love to see 3 politically-heavy threads where you apparently welcome such contrary viewpoints where, 1) you didn't evoke sarcasm or politically bait others yourself, 2) didn't delete posts that had counterpoints to your arguments, 3) or the thread wasn't closed/deleted completely.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #731
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Oh oh, proud boys getting their panties in a twist
Old 04-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #732
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
I would to love to see 3 politically-heavy threads where you apparently welcome such contrary viewpoints where, 1) you didn't evoke sarcasm or politically bait others yourself, 2) didn't delete posts that had counterpoints to your arguments, 3) or the thread wasn't closed/deleted completely.
I’ll add to your number three that the thread is closed after conveniently getting the last word on someone’s points with comments that could be considered baiting.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #733
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
I’ll add to your number three that the thread is closed after conveniently getting the last word on someone’s points with comments that could be considered baiting.
ahh, but mods can get away with anything, and altering the truth to their needs. at least the bad ones. hence why I think we need a mod overhaul.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #734
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Since this thread is almost only used for arguing and hating on Brie Larson and not for actual discussion of the film, I'll go ahead and close it. Feel free to send angry PMs this way.
Closed Thread