The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Kids upset that they didn't give parents consent to put their pics online

Some of them suing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...gY-xVPnpGW6lv8
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #2
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

I don’t agree with the kids suing but if they ask their parents to stop, I think they should stop. I used to get so mad at my mother showing every other person she met ugly/embarrassing photos of me.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My heeeeeeaaaaaarrrrt gooooess out to the victims.

I'm soooooooooo sooooorrry for them.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think some of us saw this coming. Who really wants to have their entire childhood chronicled online for the world to see?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, that's pretty lame to sue your parents over things like that. This is what good old parent-child arguments are for, not lawyers.

Though it certainly makes a less considered point about the people who are annoying over-sharers of their kids; what with those kids one day being old enough to see the obsessive levels some parents went to.

On the other hand... If this stuff was somehow truly online forever, and not destined to disappear for the most part when its hosting site eventually does, from a genealogical standpoint this sort of thing has a flip side of being a wealth of family info for future generations.

Although I'm also reminded that it will also probably be like this...
Spoiler:

Maybe only share what you want you would want your great great grandkids to see... lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-20-2019 at 03:03 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:55 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

Kinda makes me glad that when I was a kid, I generally had the foresight to either flip someone the finger OR take out my "D" at random when people would try and take my picture. Not a lot survived that's "shareable".

Oh, and my parents are dead. That's also a factor.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Kinda makes me glad that when I was a kid, I generally had the foresight to either flip someone the finger OR take out my "D" at random when people would try and take my picture. Not a lot survived that's "shareable".

Oh, and my parents are dead. That's also a factor.
That's how it was back then. I remember people not liking to get their picture taken on a daily basis. They were afraid of looking bad on camera. Probably because cameras at the time didn't have all those fancy filters that phones do nor was photoshop a thing.

I have a lot of pictures of myself when I was a kid, but once I turned 15 the quantity of pictures where I show up decreased a lot. Honestly, I don't think there's any pictures of me from when I was 16-21 lying around anymore. Not that there were many of them in the first place, but I ONLY recall taking pictures in that time period if I needed a picture for my bus/metro pass, or my university application, etc. And come to think of it, I don't exactly have many photos of myself from the past 7 years either.You see, I don't exactly find myself in situations where people end up taking my picture and I don't like selfies. I'd rather take pictures of cities or nature.

It's funny. Nowadays it's easier than ever to take pictures or shoot videos, but it's also a lot easier for us to lose our photos since everything is digital nowadays.

It's kind of a shame I don't have any photos of myself from back when I was in my late teens/early 20s, since it'd be interesting to see how noticeable my ageing has been, but it is what it is. I have a feeling I'll reach my 40s and not have many photos or if any at all from my 20s. lying around anymore by then, meaning I'll forget what looking young was like. And if I ever become a father or a grandfather and my children/grandchildren ask me what I was like when I was young, I'll be like "sorry, but I don't have any pictures from my youth"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, I love getting my picture taken, I just also love being a general jackass.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Eagerly waiting for the results of the lawsuit by retard who was pissed off that his parents had bore him into this world.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #10
snake
Disgusting

Is that a thing? Can I sue my parents for introducing me to this f*cking world?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In India, apparently it is.

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...him-heres-why/
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
"Raphael Samuel, a businessman based in Mumbai, India, bases the dispute on the belief that it is immoral for a couple to bring a sentient being into the world without asking their permission to do so."

"There's no point to humanity," he added. "So many people are suffering."

"If humanity is extinct, Earth and animals would be happier. They'll certainly be better off. Also no human will then suffer. Human existence is totally pointless."
What a stupid person.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I could almost understand if maybe he was born to really horrible people (though still doesn't make it the right move), but suing them for some personal philosophical viewpoint on life? Come on...

If you don't want kids, then don't. Then you played your part in sticking to your view. But sue parents for having you... lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #14
snake
Disgusting

Anything coming from India is instantly nullified once you realize they literally have designated sh*tting streets.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Anything coming from India is instantly nullified once you realize they literally have designated sh*tting streets.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:31 AM   #16
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

It would really depend on how exploitative the parents are in using their children for monetary gain or popularity (i.e. YouTube children giving their opinions on things). While I'm assuming most parents don't post pictures of their children for exploitative purposes (or at least that's their intention), but rather want to share how cute their children are online and for "sharenting" between friends, as this article describes, the parents should have some discretion about not sharing the details of their children's personal lives to everyone. Otherwise, you might as well title the webpages with all of these pics and stories as "The Personal Photo Album of..." and "Diary of..."

Whether the parents realize it or not, they are already creating an online profile of their children, which can be open to multiple interpretations and perspectives in the world wide web and children are not ready to receive that form of global evaluation/criticism in their lives.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The weird (and morbid) thing is... if someone is so upset they were brought into this world that they want to sue their parents over it...... isn't murdering them the answer?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote