The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #961
Vicky82
Emperor

I trust this Patricckko as he's been right a lot and apparently he works on the show. I think it's Patrick Krebs he's the supervising producer.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #962
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I trust this Patricckko as he's been right a lot and apparently he works on the show. I think it's Patrick Krebs he's the supervising producer.
I just wish people would stop spamming him. 'bouts to step in on that.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:05 AM   #963
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Heart of Evil sneak peek: http://www.nick.com/ninja-turtles/vi...tles-503-clip/
For non-american: http://redworld96.tumblr.com/post/15...-for-the-heart

Last edited by Redworld96; 03-29-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #964
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Does anyone know what the reborn Shredder will look like?
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:32 PM   #965
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
Does anyone know what the reborn Shredder will look like?
I won't give spoilers...but he essentially looks like something off the set of walking dead if that hand is any indication.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #966
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

A new book based on "monster arc" - "Monster Mayhem!"

Spoiler:
When a vampire and a werewolf attack New York City, it’s up to Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to mash the monsters.

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Mayhe...=ninja+turtles
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #967
CyberCubed
Overlord

Admittedly this is the arc I'm least looking forward to in Season 5, but it might turn out good. I still don't get why the writers have such a hard on for horror themes and monsters though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #968
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Admittedly this is the arc I'm least looking forward to in Season 5, but it might turn out good. I still don't get why the writers have such a hard on for horror themes and monsters though.
It makes sense, the turtles are basically monsters in their own right.

They're just made silly and light toned, so it's like watching a classic good vs. evil monster fight.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #969
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

I'm still wondering when and how the mutagen mishap that occurred in Season 2 will be resolved. It's literally been over 3 years.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #970
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
I'm still wondering when and how the mutagen mishap that occurred in Season 2 will be resolved. It's literally been over 3 years.
What mishap exactly?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #971
snake
Disgusting

I'm really looking forward to the monsters arc. Every arc revealed looks awesome.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #972
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
What mishap exactly?
You don't remember? The scandal that literally led to many mutations happening at once after the Turtles accidentally suffused the mutagen throughout the entire city? Then again, I don't blame you, this is poor writing and something that hasn't been addressed. We still have mutants like Snakeweed, Squirrelanoid, and others still out there lurking in the shadows and the mutants that are rampant in the city haven't even been mentioned once.

That said, I'm very interested in the approach taken in Season 5. I think Shredder's revival should've waited until the end of the season, but I'm still intrigued of the Salamandrians (spelling?) and Newtralizer returning later on. This is something definitely worth seeing and I am thankful they haven't forgotten it.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:21 PM   #973
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
You don't remember? The scandal that literally led to many mutations happening at once after the Turtles accidentally suffused the mutagen throughout the entire city? Then again, I don't blame you, this is poor writing and something that hasn't been addressed. We still have mutants like Snakeweed, Squirrelanoid, and others still out there lurking in the shadows and the mutants that are rampant in the city haven't even been mentioned once.
It's not poor writing at all, the Turtles were in no way going to find 50 mutagen caninsters scattered across NYC. It was only done to explain the new mutants popping up in Season 2 and beyond.

The fact that you guys keep laughably bringing this up is absurd.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #974
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's not poor writing at all, the Turtles were in no way going to find 50 mutagen caninsters scattered across NYC. It was only done to explain the new mutants popping up in Season 2 and beyond.

The fact that you guys keep laughably bringing this up is absurd.
I agree. Either they cleaned them all up offscreen or there's still a couple hidden that no one's gonna find. Or The Kraang retrieved then during their takeover of NYC. Whatever. The writersmoved on.

Even if they did follow up, how boring would that episode be? "Oh hey, here's the last canister of mutagen!" *freeze frame and roll credits*
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:54 PM   #975
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah I don't see why people are so neurotic about cleaning up every last detail. Leave a little something to the imagination. Mutagen Man/April's origins, I get. The rest, meh.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:02 PM   #976
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah I don't see why people are so neurotic about cleaning up every last detail. Leave a little something to the imagination. Mutagen Man/April's origins, I get. The rest, meh.
Agreed. The original toon had mutants roaming around even by the end of the show, I don't see what the difference is.

Do people expect every mutant to either be de-mutated or killed or something? WTF?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #977
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

FINALLY caught up(stupid DVR) and...dear lord, that was a corpse. That was a legit corpse. Usually you seem them all whole, a little withered, but Saki's was all fractured and rotting. MAN this season is hardcore!

Also yeah, I hope they resolve Mutagen Man too, or at LEAST in an expanded universe story.
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #978
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I always figured the "mutagen mishap" they had in S2 wasn't so much of a thing that was actually going to get resolved, but rather a reason/justification for the mutant characters they wanted to continue to introduce throughout the show's run.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:29 PM   #979
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I always figured the "mutagen mishap" they had in S2 wasn't so much of a thing that was actually going to get resolved, but rather a reason/justification for the mutant characters they wanted to continue to introduce throughout the show's run.
Yep, which it was, many of the mutants that appeared after would constantly give us some backstory of how they were mutated and they would all say something similar that they just came across glowing mutagen somewhere.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #980
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

I managed to see the episodes of this first arc, and I have to say, it has been epic!!

I was right about something here. I was thinking that if the Shredder, by some miracle, returned somehow, Splinter would have to return to. (Universe's balance, Yin and Yang). And technically, it happened, although by a very short time. I'm glad they allowed Splinter to say goodbye to his family this time. I can't wait to see how the rest of the arcs will be.

I didn't expect Tatsu (from the 90's movies), but this version was even more epic than the original one; adding the blindness and the superhearing. Too bad we lost him so fast, but being the last season, I guess it's better to avoid cliffhangers.

Too bad we lost Rahzar, but to be honest, I think this is the best option. I mean, all this time, with Rahzar but no Tokka, it was like Laurel without Hardy.

One more thing, I think they are trying to tied up all cliffhangers of this series for this season. Bringing back the chinese ghost wizard is a good example. Servanti is another example, just like the Newtralizer. So, let's think about which cliffhangers we could see solved:
- Mutagen Man.
- Professor Honeycutt/Fugitoid.
- Potential return of the Triceratons and the Bug Space Lord (I can't remember the name).
- Metalhead.
- Forgotten enemies like SnakeWeed, Spyder Bytes or the Squirrelnoids.
- The mystery of April's mom.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5