The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S2 EP12 & EP13

Mid Series final or Series final, who knows? But I expect this will be very good.

Finale Part 1: E-Turtle Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Turtles must enter Splinter's mind when a powerful foe returns.

Finale Part 2: Shreddy or Not
The turtles find a new ally when they meet Splinter's distant relative.

Finale Part 3: Anatawa Hitorijanai/Finale Part 4: Rise
In a bid to save New York and The Hidden City, the Turtles prepare for their greatest battle yet.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

that was epic. so many twists and Easter eggs....

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

See, it's not without some complaints, esp the nonsense parts that seem to be wasting time when the episodes are this short, but if more of the series had been more like this (maybe without the over-hyper, wtf is even happening, stuff) it might have lasted longer.

Spoiler:
So Turtle points go to those who called certain things. Particularly Foot Recruit being Casey and Leo being made leader at literately the vary last second (of course).

Karai as their some hundreds of years old grandmother... odd choice. I liked her as a character, but I think I'd have rather have had her as a character who had been alive and present throughout the series. I kind of like however though that they did give Leo kind of an attachment to her. A bit forced since they'd just met but...

Naturally... April turned over powered by being possessed by her, because why not.

Of course, they failed to also mention that Shredder (or rather, Saki) is therefor also their grandfather, albeit possessed by a demon. Was he voiced by the 2012 Splinter's actor with slight voice alteration?

Nope, Todd didn't turn evil.

I like the family emphasis, but it waited too long to go that deep with it. I know it had been lightly going there over time, but to finally get to that depth with it at the end is sort of a waste.

edit: The Netflix movie was also hinted at.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-07-2020 at 07:30 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

wow they really made
Spoiler:
Casey Jones A female foot recruit
**** this stupid show. Glad its probably cancelled now
Old 08-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
wow they really made
Spoiler:
Literally the dumbest complaint I've seen about this show since people bitched about April being black.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Foot Recruit being Casey is the one series change I am at least iffy on, although I guess her being Karai would have been too obvious.Wonder what quote I should add to my signature.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90A0C295-19A3-4643-A81A-CEA04AFBD8FF.jpg (17.0 KB, 20 views)
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:30 PM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

This finale is good if it a bit rushed you can tell that the writers knew they had less episodes that was predicted but it was still a good finale. The show continues to take advantage of its small runtime because the 11 min with Yoshi's backstory has been on of the more heartfelt moments in TMNT history(much better than 12's Tales of the Yokai). The relationship with Karai and the turtles was really adorable and I love how they refer to her as "Gram Gram" and the team fighting Shredder to save her was both stylish and tragic in a why. Draxum's character arc is still one of my favorite things in this series and I do enjoy his journey from the main antagonist of season 1 to not only an ally of season 2 but being part of the family going as far as to call the turtles his sons. April having Karai's spirit was a bit iffy but I say they it was executed well and I love the "Trust you like you Trust us" line. The last episode is just balls to the wall action and I love how we get an upgrade of everyone's powers, Leo teleport like Nightcrawler, Raph can creates Shadow Clones, April has a stand, Mikey has giant chain, and my Boi Donnie using the bigass drill. It all combines into a final team attack where every Hamato past and present finally defeats Shredder. So 8/10 finale I would rank the episodes in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
wow they really made
Spoiler:
Sad thing is that she is the second best Casey in the 2010s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Literally the dumbest complaint I've seen about this show since people bitched about April being black.
Sad thing is that she is the best April of the 2010s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
See, it's not without some complaints, esp the nonsense parts that seem to be wasting time when the episodes are this short, but if more of the series had been more like this (maybe without the over-hyper, wtf is even happening, stuff) it might have lasted longer.
12 wasted even more time but that show lasted for over a 100 episodes so I doubt that's the reason.

[SPOILER]So Turtle points go to those who called certain things. Particularly Foot Recruit being Casey and Leo being made leader at literately the vary last second (of course).

Quote:
Karai as their some hundreds of years old grandmother... odd choice. I liked her as a character, but I think I'd have rather have had her as a character who had been alive and present throughout the series. I kind of like however though that they did give Leo kind of an attachment to her. A bit forced since they'd just met but...
She's literally the only family he's known also all of them had an attachment to her.

Quote:
Naturally... April turned over powered by being possessed by her, because why not..
You know what "overpowered" means right because I don't know if you didn't notice but almost every character has anime superpowers so its more like having her "powered" its not like in the 12 version where she is the only character with Psychic powers.

Quote:
I like the family emphasis, but it waited too long to go that deep with it. I know it had been lightly going there over time, but to finally get to that depth with it at the end is sort of a waste.
Umm the family aspect has been here since the beginning of the series and was the reason for Baron Draxum's Heel-Face turn.

Last edited by PApagreg; 08-07-2020 at 11:43 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:14 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yay you can finally stop obsessively arguing any point people make or opinion/view they have that you don't agree with; there's a plus.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:32 AM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

You're awesome when you're cranky and up way too late.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:39 AM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

As always, my feedback is as follows: everything was awesome except April.

I legit laughed for like a minute straight at the end gag. Holy hell.

REALLY solid set of finale episodes. I'm going to miss this show dearly. We kinda got to see what it was like if Studio Trigger did TMNT, & it was glorious.

Thanks for all the fun, Rise! You burned twice as bright & half as long. God speed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:12 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You're awesome when you're cranky and up way too late.
I know right... It's what happens when you and a friend finally give up on a game and of course you gotta' check the 'Drome before going to bed, so then you're still up for at least another hour despite the need-sleep headache setting in.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:25 AM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

I feel you, dawg.

I mean, at least you have good reasons. Mine are usually alcohol and/or Mary Jane inspired.

Wait. Those are very good reasons. Disregard!

Old 08-08-2020, 02:28 AM   #13
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Does everything still need to be in spoiler quotes? It aired right? Boy am I dissapointed, why you ask? Leo being flipping made leader at the last second with no season three this in my opinion hurts. I mean sure we had little hints here and their of his leadership abilities but would have liked it expanded on in the final. I mean I would have liked an explanation why Splinter felt to switch the leadership role to Leo, that must have been a slap to Raph's after what just happened.

Than Karai keeps getting weird twists and turns, in the 2012 series she was the turtles step sister now she's the turtles granny Boy Nick studios hate Leo x Karai shippers. It started off cute in the 2012 series than got confusing as the series went on.

Last but certainly not least the foot solider being given the name Casey. It would have made more sense if this version was Karai more since she used a sword and fought against Leo the most.

The action was great and so was the animation. It also had a lot of emotion in it, you could tell the staff tried here a lot at least.

Over all it was ok, it some what left a bad taste in my mouth due to how it ended. Had we gotten a third season to expand on things but oh well.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:35 AM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

With any luck maybe you'll at least get the leader wish with the Netflix movie instead?

I agree and felt the same way that there was just nothing in these episodes that actually lead up to or explained why Splinter would suddenly make Leo the leader. I really expected that there would be, that something would happen and Leo would step up and show he has what it takes, and was disappointed that it never went there when the "Blue you're the leader" line happened.

Did anyone see Raph's face at that statement? I only caught Leo's reaction.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:54 AM   #15
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Does everything still need to be in spoiler quotes? It aired right? Boy am I dissapointed, why you ask? Leo being flipping made leader at the last second with no season three this in my opinion hurts. I mean sure we had little hints here and their of his leadership abilities but would have liked it expanded on in the final. I mean I would have liked an explanation why Splinter felt to switch the leadership role to Leo, that must have been a slap to Raph's after what just happened.
I had you in mind when I read the spoilers. I knew this show was going to make "Leo becoming the leader" non-meaningful. I called it!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:34 AM   #16
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Thoughts on the finale in full
It was....fine, I honestly expected a lot more, it all felt really really rushed
For example stuff like Karai and Splinters mom and dad came out of absolute nowhere and we had to sit there in a wave of exposition
as usual, animation was stellar, liked the chemistry everyone had with each other, the Turtles treating Karai like a grandma was cute
And I love, love, LOVE the shredder in this series so much
Looking back I just really wish this show got in its main plot a lot earlier and stopped wasting time with Lemmings and Wrestling Matches....jeez Season 1 was rough at first
and that ENDING
Random thoughts:
Is Casey really a Cassandra nickname? I dont think I heard that before
What was with those Krang/Ultrom(?) Easter Eggs that went nowhere?Cmon gimme the BRAIN
all in all the series was....alright. Let?s wait and see if that movies any good
But no, seriously, what was with the Krang, Iwanthimiwanthimiwanthimiwanthim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8B2F1844-C2C3-4C33-887E-5084FD77D1F0.jpg (17.5 KB, 9 views)
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:26 AM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Yay you can finally stop obsessively arguing any point people make or opinion/view they have that you don't agree with; there's a plus.
He's probably salty his last cheque from Nick to shill this s*ite came in and no more are coming.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:18 AM   #18
Leo656
The Franchise

I honestly think Nick spent all of their shill/plant budget on the official TMNT FB page. They're workin' overtime, over there! Just deleting all the negative comments probably keeps them busy around the clock. Doubly so with all the "It's for kids, why do you even care" comments dropped in reply to those negative posts, hyper-defensive replies left without irony by ostensibly other grown-ups who I'm sure weren't paid to say that, no sir.

I dare say Nick may finally have given up on this place entirely. I can believe anyone who shows enthusiasm for "Rise" here is sincere, by this point.

I mean, people buy Phish records. People watch golf on TV. People do all kinds'a crazy stuff.

Old 08-08-2020, 07:41 AM   #19
Vicky82
Emperor

really good final but bit rushed but obviously couldn't be helped as the season was cut short.

Hoon Lee voiced Shredder
Foot recruit is actually a female Casey Jones
Karai and Shredder are Splinter's ancestor loved that the turtles called Karai Gram Gram.
I see a Krang has popped up.
Had some heartbreaking moments
Good fight scenes.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #20
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Nothing dumb about it. Blatant woke box-ticking. And what a surprise, the show's now broke.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote