The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #141
Creedog
Foot Soldier

More importantly, though, S7 announced their Thundercats Reaction line. Yesssssssssssssss...
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #142
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
You need to stop applying such weird rules to toys. It's silly. Saying Toxic Crusader toys worked in 1990 but suddenly in 1991 they didn't.... these are kids' toys man. You can't account for what a kid is going to like and when they're going to like it. Stop wasting so much effort trying to prove you know what every kid everywhere in the 80s and 90s was thinking.
How come there was only one wave of action figures for Toxic Crusaders then?

Super Nintendo was the PlayStation of 1991. According to my cousin, Super Nintendo was better than Nintendo and Sega Genesis. The SNES was the first new 90s thing that nearly every child and teenager wanted. The mall culture that was last present in 1990 had died in mid 1991. Running to mall stores like Kay Bee Toys and K-Mart to see which TMNT figures were inside after seeing the first movie was a very 1990 thing.

I’ll drop the topic now.

Last edited by mikey0; 11-07-2019 at 09:04 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #143
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
More importantly, though, S7 announced their Thundercats Reaction line. Yesssssssssssssss...
OMG by the time all is said and done you could have an entire army of ReAction figures just from all of these small waves of "must have" figures. The ReAction line is what Funko POPS should've been in the first place.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:05 AM   #144
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Where is the link?
Old 11-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #145
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
How come there was only one wave of action figures for Toxic Crusaders then?
I couldn't say, I don't pretend to know what people were thinking 30 years ago.

See what I did there?
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #146
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I couldn't say, I don't pretend to know what people were thinking 30 years ago.

See what I did there?
Old 11-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #147
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Where is the link?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Reaction+Thundercats
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:25 PM   #148
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I will be honest I am not a fan of the ReAction line but lately the Robocop line and Transformers line looks really good.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #149
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I will be honest I am not a fan of the ReAction line but lately the Robocop line and Transformers line looks really good.
I can confirm both the TMNT and the Transformers line are really good. I hope both lines go real far in the character lineup
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #150
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I can confirm both the TMNT and the Transformers line are really good. I hope both lines go real far in the character lineup
There’s more G1 Transformers characters in a case than there are TMNT characters in one case. I don’t see what’s wrong with having the four turtles, Bebop, and Rocksteady in one case. The four characters per case for TMNT could be because S7 is unsure of what TMNT variants to produce for future waves. S7 probably needs help with character selection after the first 5 basic waves of the original Playmates toy line and the third sub-wave (disguised turtles). TMNT in 1990 was every bit as much as a phenomenon as G1 Transformers in 1984. There should be more characters in the TMNT cases from my point of view.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #151
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
There’s more G1 Transformers characters in a case than there are TMNT characters in one case. I don’t see what’s wrong with having the four turtles, Bebop, and Rocksteady in one case. The four characters per case for TMNT could be because S7 is unsure of what TMNT variants to produce for future waves. S7 probably needs help with character selection after the first 5 basic waves of the original Playmates toy line and the third sub-wave (disguised turtles). TMNT in 1990 was every bit as much as a phenomenon as G1 Transformers in 1984. There should be more characters in the TMNT cases from my point of view.
We are getting more TMNT characters as wave 2 and 3 have already been solicited. Pretty sure there will probably be also a wave 4 and 5 in 2020. Of course,I always love more in an assortment. Wave 3 does have 6 in it.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #152
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I'm going to be interested to know if these releases kick up any renewed aftermarket interest in the [now] vintage Heroes of Cybertron PVC line, which was amazing.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-29-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #153
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
We are getting more TMNT characters as wave 2 and 3 have already been solicited. Pretty sure there will probably be also a wave 4 and 5 in 2020. Of course,I always love more in an assortment. Wave 3 does have 6 in it.
I’m sure TMNT fans would have loved for there to be 6 characters in wave 1 and 2. S7 skimped on the first waves of TMNT ReAction because they were unsure of what the actual reaction from fans to them would be. I would have loved to have seen Casey, April, Splinter, Metalhead, a Foot Soldier, and Shredder in the 2nd wave.

It’s hard to tell at the moment if TMNT ReActions will do as well or better than the TMNT Ultimates figures. From my angle, TMNT Ultimates is more fascinating than the ReActions.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:29 PM   #154
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
S7 skimped on the first waves of TMNT ReAction because they were unsure of what the actual reaction from fans to them would be.
Ha! I get it
Old 11-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #155
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'm going to be interested to know if these releases kick up any renewed aftermarket interest in the [now] vintage Heroes of Cybertron PVC line, which was amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/Cfy4SVul.jpg
Damn, those are cool. I never got into Transformers too much, but I'd unironically like them better and probably would have collected them if they dropped the whole transforming aspect and made them straight up action figures from the start. The toys would look a lot less clunky IMO.

I know, I know- it'd just be gundam or any other mech property, but those designs look so smooth without all the screws and moving parts of the actual toys.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:13 PM   #156
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Damn, those are cool. I never got into Transformers too much, but I'd unironically like them better and probably would have collected them if they dropped the whole transforming aspect and made them straight up action figures from the start. The toys would look a lot less clunky IMO.

I know, I know- it'd just be gundam or any other mech property, but those designs look so smooth without all the screws and moving parts of the actual toys.
Hasbro did that first in 1990 with G1 Transformers Action Masters. There was not a trading card with the Action Masters action figure, but the card art was made in the fashion of the 1982 Hasbro G.I. Joe A Real American Hero card art to compete with G.I. Joe A Real American Hero in late 1990 and early 1991. TMNT was the number-one best selling toy of 1990, but Hasbro did not produce G1 Transformers in a 5 inch non-transforming style because the G1 Transformers line was done after the Action Masters sub-wave did not do well. Personally, I would have loved to see the classic
1984 G1 Transformers non-transforming action figures in the 5 inch scale with die-cast metal by Hasbro, but it looks like they will not ever be produced.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #157
mikey0
Foot Elite

The new ReAction figure images are up. The ReAction figures are in photos 27 to 31. Space Cadet Raph, Undercover Don, Splinter, Baxter, April, and Krang are pictured amongst the characters that are out now.

https://toynewsi.com/345-35713
Old 02-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #158
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh man, that Krang. Love it!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #159
mikey0
Foot Elite

I hope Undercover Donatello comes with the Foot-Foolin’ Detective Disguise. Captain Lou Albano and Bob Hoskins have both passed away. The disguise might not hold up in this time, so it’s understandable if Undercover Don is missing the detective disguise.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #160
mikey0
Foot Elite

I wonder when we will see ReAction Casey Jones, Leo the Sewer Samurai, and Mike the Sewer Surfer.