The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

New Animated Adventures timeline placement

Since I have fun keeping track of this stuff, I'll be using this thread to keep track of where each NAA issue takes place in the Nick timeline (even if the issue's been contradicted by the show). All feedback welcome

#0 = Shortly after "Mousers Attack"
#1 = Directly after "Cockroach Terminator"
#2 = Directly after "Baxter's Gambit"
#3 = Shortly before "Operation: Breakout"
#4 =

-------

#0 goes there because it's not the first time Baxter's met the PD's, and he acts like he's aware of the Foot. #1 features the Shellraiser, so it's post TCRI and the laser kinda ties into "Cockroach Terminator". #2 has April using her tessen, but she's not afraid to go topside so it's pre-"Karai's Vendetta", and #3 isn't long before "Breakout" due to The Kraang perfecting their mind control techniques.

I'm sure future issues will be impossible to pin point exactly, and I expect a few of them to jump backwards, too. Either way, let me know what you think!

Here's my Nick Turtles timeline: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40666
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I'm really hoping the Nick comic doesn't wind up contradicting the show at some point or going in its own direction. Unlike Archie, I'd rather this remain in continuity with the cartoon as much as possible.

There are obviously going to be some continuity glitches eventually, but so far these feel like "lost" episodes of the cartoon and I like it that way.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah I'm really hoping the Nick comic doesn't wind up contradicting the show at some point or going in its own direction. Unlike Archie, I'd rather this remain in continuity with the cartoon as much as possible.

There are obviously going to be some continuity glitches eventually, but so far these feel like "lost" episodes of the cartoon and I like it that way.
Absolutely CyberCubed! I couldn't agree more!

ToTheNines- This is a great idea for a thread, you've obviously put a lot of thought in to this and I look forward to following this as the comic series progresses!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Are you going to try the UK comics I scanned, too?
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Wasn't aware of them. I'll definitely give then a read my next day off.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Jeff
Stone Warrior

i haven't read issue 2 or 3 yet, but im pretty sure they don't fit into the show's continuity.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Thank you for your input.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
i haven't read issue 2 or 3 yet, but im pretty sure they don't fit into the show's continuity.
I agree. For example Snakeweed was in issue 2 and we can already assume if he returns in another episode he will act as if issue 2 never happened and just continue where 'New girl in town' left off.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I agree. For example Snakeweed was in issue 2 and we can already assume if he returns in another episode he will act as if issue 2 never happened and just continue where 'New girl in town' left off.

What does that have to do with anything? That's like saying Batman's villains make no mention of their previous encounter when they make their next appearance.

Does Joker talk about the last time he appeared? Riddler? No.

The Nick comic is likely intended to be canon. There will be continuity mistakes eventually if only because the comic is being written as the show is going into season 2.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What does that have to do with anything? That's like saying Batman's villains make no mention of their previous encounter when they make their next appearance.

Does Joker talk about the last time he appeared? Riddler? No.

The Nick comic is likely intended to be canon. There will be continuity mistakes eventually if only because the comic is being written as the show is going into season 2.
They usually want revenge over the last time they were defeated. This only applies in the first few times. This would be their third encounter if the comic counts but I doubt any reference to that will be in the show. Just like that dr lady from issue 3 will also never appear on the show.

The joker and them don't count since they fought their enemies countless upon countless times. Spider bytes would be an even better example if they bring him back in the comic first before he has a second episode in the show. If so the show will most likely ignore whatever happens in the comic.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So....do you think the Marvel movies will tie back to Agents of S.H.I.L.E.D? They're in the same universe, but I really don't know if the films will bother referencing the series.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So....do you think the Marvel movies will tie back to Agents of S.H.I.L.E.D? They're in the same universe, but I really don't know if the films will bother referencing the series.
That's one of the things that I've been wondering since they started to announce that show. I mean they can easily make Phil come back and make him say 'he's been recovering in Tahiti, a magical place', but I kinds doubt they'll bother to reference the other characters.

Tags
new animated adventures