The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #21
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Megan Fox isn't that bad. She has gotten better.
But no, Kevin is just happy to be a part of the TMNT franchise again.
Peter on the other hand will not be shy about telling you what sucks about any TMNT incarnation. I kinda like that about him to be honest.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #22
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

^^ Me too! No offense to Kevin but to not be following up on what's been going on with his creation shows he is not as passionate as people make him out to be. Peter is the one who can kind of convince me, to be honest.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #23
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

Not in the least bit. Stan Lee seemed pretty stoked about the Fantastic Four movies and we all know how those turned out.

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Anyone who can say that Eastman endorsing the new movie honestly sways their opinion of it either way simply has no understanding or knowledge of the history of Eastman publicly liking... everything. And by everything, I actually I mean everything.

The only thing he's ever gone on record as saying he didn't like was TMNT II, and even then it was only because Casey wasn't in it. And that's always kind of been an odd thing to me, when fans get upset when their favorite characters of [insert franchise name] aren't in a horrible [insert franchise name] movie. Why would you want the characters you actually care about in horrible movies? People complain that Rat King or Baxter or Triceratons weren't in TMNT II or III... but do you really have any faith in any of those characters being done justice in the kind of movies they were trying to make at that time? You don't hear anyone saying that including Ra's al Ghul would have turned around Batman & Robin... it still would've been a sh*t movie and we damn well know it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Well aside from Megan Fox, are the other actors bad? I never watched them in any other movies.
I can't speak on the turtle actors, as I'm not familiar with them. Megan, well, a lot of people are unhappy with her for either not having the chops or just being there as eye candy. Fichtner is a good actor, but hardly a good fit for the role, plus he's white which nobody's happy about. People are confused as heck over Splinters actor, Danny Woodburn, & the inclusion of Whoopi Goldberg. Not sure if there's much fit throwing over Will Arnett, but I know I'm not a fan.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not sure if there's much fit throwing over Will Arnett, but I know I'm not a fan.
He's as good of a Vernon as anyone, really, and I don't think I've seen anyone say he's wrong for the character. The ire is more -- or at least, should be -- about why Vernon as a character is even in the movie at all, and described as a "leading" character to boot.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #27
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I never did like Vernon. I thought he was an annoying character to begin with. Why is he even in this movie?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #28
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not in the slightest. Kevin is just happy to be a part of things again, plus he's being paid. Of course he's gonna say nice things. But that aside, he's so passionate about his creation, the turtles, that seeing them in the limelight or re-imagined in any capacity seems to thrill him.
this right here, Kevin loves the turtles, they are his babies. think of it like a happy parent. he is open to letting the turtles expand grow and go off and do new things..sure somethings its cringe worthy but it happens, Kevin just wants what is best for his "Kids"

not i am not saying Laird didnt like them, but he always seems more reserved to go past a certain point in ideas. from what i have heard people kinda have to fight and push him to try new things with the turtles

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I never did like Vernon. I thought he was an annoying character to begin with. Why is he even in this movie?
He was the best source of humor in the OT.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #30
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
this right here, Kevin loves the turtles, they are his babies. think of it like a happy parent. he is open to letting the turtles expand grow and go off and do new things..sure somethings its cringe worthy but it happens, Kevin just wants what is best for his "Kids"

not i am not saying Laird didnt like them, but he always seems more reserved to go past a certain point in ideas. from what i have heard people kinda have to fight and push him to try new things with the turtles
Hmm... I guess then that...

Eastman is the happy parent that encourages his 'kids' to go out and do different things whether they be good or bad for them.

Laird is the parent that feels his 'kids' should not branch out too far from what they are in his eyes and what they're good at being.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #31
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Eastman seems like the Bob Kane of the franchise (except Eastman's co-creator also got credit--poor Bill Finger).

Kane was always super enthusiastic about Batman film projects, even the obviously sucky ones. I can't say I blame either one of the dudes.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #32
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Why is so hard to give it the benefit of the doubt that it'll at least be pretty good?
Because the director and production company behind the film have a track record of making mediocre films.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #33
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Now i think about it, no. The overall information we have of this movie will undoubtedly make the film mediocre at best, in terms of a TMNT flick.

From the unbiased view point of a regular movie goer, this film will possibly be good, if it doesn't turn out to be a messy, uninspired glob.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #34
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
In this analogy I think Kevin is more like the parent who in his own company knows that his kids do bad things but to the neighbors and school boards and fellow parents will back his kids to the hilt.

Even then I'm not sure that is apt. I don't think Kevin is really bothered or takes much of interest in parts of the franchise that don't directly involve him. Not to mention there's something very Hollywood about him. Case in point; to listen to interviews when promoting he mentions the difference between the various animated series with the Nick show being the perfect blend of the Fred Wolf's shows comedy and the 4Kids' edginess (his words) but last I heard he'd never watched the the '03 show..come to think I'm unsure how much of the '87 series he watched.

It's easy to shrug his shoulders and say "turtles are aliens...sounds cool" when you're think disconnected to versions that don't involve you.

Quote:
I don't agree with this. To return to the parent analogy, imagine if you had say a daughter and she drops out of med school to become a stripper because she can make easy money now. In time you may accept her new career path but you'd be a fool not to try your best to talk her out of it.

I don't think trying to maintain a certain (small) level of integrity over the franchise is really bad thing. Even then I disagree that they guy who okay-ed Ch'rell and Fast Forward is really that cut off to trying new things. Not to mention he was honest throughout that while it was not really his choice and would have preferred to stay with the regular 2K3 formula. Even the idea that he hates the old show (which the source of why fans seemingly have a bee in their bonnet with him) doesn't pan out he contributed to associated things such seemingly more than Kevin did and when you get down he opinion isn't as bad as people like to think. He's stated many things about it that he liked but he isn't going kiss its ass all the time.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #35
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

And I also didn't think April needed to be a reporter again. It may have been done for fans of the OT or the live-action films but I would have liked that they'd settle for something different for her. Pretty much what they did to Jane Foster in the Thor films.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #36
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Maybe a little. That, and the fact that Scott Mendick and Galen Walker are still onboard as producers are pretty the only things really giving me hope.
what significance do these guys have?

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #37
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
what significance do these guys have?
Well, Scott Mednick produced some Legendary/WB productions, and Galen Walker produced the 2007 TMNT movie, and they both were attached to the Legendary/WB TMNT film that never happened due to the Nickelodeon sale, so I'd imagine that they'd have a vision for TMNT more in line with Peter Laird's.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #38
Pondslider
Foot Soldier

Kevin Eastman can't wait to tell everyone how great the movie is.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/10/23/
Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Because the director and production company behind the film have a track record of making mediocre films.
What's wrong with Battle Los Angeles? I thought that was a pretty good movie.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #40
Xav
Foot Elite

Nothing really, but Wrath of the Titans wasn't very good. So I'm skeptical.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kevin eastman, live action films