The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
So far what we know about season 5:

1. It will be primarily mystical in its theme
2. Tiger Claw will still be an enemy to the turtles
3. The turtles will fight Kavxas voiced by Mark Hamill
4. Usagi will appear towards the end
5. We will get the Ice cream kitty song
6. second 80s crossover featuring 80s shredder, bebop and Rocksteady
7. Atleast 20 episodes long and primarily consisting of multi-parterS
8. Most likely the final season of the show. For this reason we can expect the show to tie up its loose ends such as Mutagen Man.
9. Possibly and hopefully the appearance of many characters who appeared in season 4 such as Shinigami, Alopex, Mona Lisa, Lord Dregg etc.
10. Three episode titles confirmed: "Scroll of the Demodragon", "the Forgotten Swordsman" and "The Crypt of Dracula"
11. A new character voiced by Dana DeLorenzo in the episode "The Crypt of Dracula.
There's also that season 5's format will be told through 3-4 parters.

I just hope that the last few episodes will be like the series finale's of Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Harvey Birdman, and Regular Show. Try to guess what these four finale's have in common.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I really want the Kraang to appear more in season 5, It felt like they haven't been major enemies since "Return to New York" in season 3.

I feel like there's more to explore. Aprils mother, the relationship between subprime and bishop, the status of Kraang prime and so on. 80s Krang is coming back too we know so they could explore his backstory with the Kraang more.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I would definitely like to learn more about April's mom if possible and see if she is still alive or if she is dead.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
I really want the Kraang to appear more in season 5, It felt like they haven't been major enemies since "Return to New York" in season 3.

I feel like there's more to explore. Aprils mother, the relationship between subprime and bishop, the status of Kraang prime and so on. 80s Krang is coming back too we know so they could explore his backstory with the Kraang more.
Wasn't it just Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wasn't it just Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady.
Robs tweet which confirmed those three also had pat Fraley listed as recording for Krang on the same date with everybody else.

all of the 80s turtles were also listed with their original VAs, but oddly enough, 2k12 Leo and Raph are missing from it while Captain Ryan and Evil Captain Ryan are included.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Robs tweet which confirmed those three also had pat Fraley listed as recording for Krang on the same date with everybody else.

all of the 80s turtles were also listed with their original VAs, but oddly enough, 2k12 Leo and Raph are missing from it while Captain Ryan and Evil Captain Ryan are included.
It's possible Seth Green and Sean Astin are just gonna record separately. Keep in mind they are well known celebrities so they've got a pretty crazy schedule.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:

I think it would be better to let the original rest in peace.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Funny thing is that's kinda how I feel about the Mirage comics but hey we're in a society right now where pop culture icons from 30 years ago are making a comeback and everybody wants to see their beloved characters exactly as they remember them. IDW has been making a killing with not just their Ninja Turtle comics, but Ghostbusters, Transformers and even more recently Back to the Future. There's something very bittersweet about the whole thing. They say it's not healthy to live in the past, but that's all some people seem to want to do and the entertainment industry knows it.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:02 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I agree, but I just wanna see one more crossover with the original VAs because in about a decade or two, odds are we won't have many of them with us anymore. They all love playing their roles and seeing them get together one last time for an episode would be wonderful and a great send off to their legacy.

I think two crossovers is perfect, the first introduces our characters and the concept of alternate turtle realities while the second expands upon it and finishes on a high note. Any more Id reckon would be too much and would ruin the special feeling of having the 80s turtles appear in the Nick show.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Very happy to know the fifth season has been updated to 26 episodes. That brings us to a total of 130.

Just one more 26 episode season and the Nick show will catch up to 4kids (not counting mayhem on mutant Island and Turtles Forever).

It would take 8 seasons for this show to surprass FW, which is unlikely, but I can see this show equalling or surprassing 4kids in terms of episodes if they decide to continue after season 5.

Judging by the season 5 clips, the turtles haven't gone any design change like in the previous shows, which I'm glad is the case. Unlike the previous shows, they don't need a design change. They already have had big changes in their life like Splinter and Shredder gone.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-01-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I remember Season 4 was originally only going to be 20 episodes as well but then they bumped it up to 26 episodes. So if the same happened with Season 5 that's a good thing, especially on the chance it is the final season they'll have more episodes to wrap everything up.

That being said it's weird they do this, because don't they need a lot of production time to make new scripts, animation, and do all the voicework and sound edits? It's not like they can decide this stuff at the last minute.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

New original villain? Awesome!

I know I've asked this before but maybe it was on the wrong threads...but did the Battle Nexus ever get mentioned or appeared? It'd be a shame if it never did, one of the most awesome things 2k3 introduced that need to be in future incarnations.

I hope things get wrapped up in general but it's hard to know if they knew they wouldn't get a sixth season by the time they got done with S5. I would think they knew since it seems to be a smooth transition but you never know.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Wait, we are going to have a time travel future arc? Yes, please. I'd love to see the turtles in the future like.

Samurai arc confirmed? Wicked!

Saw the trailer for season five, man looks so boss.

Some one on Yutube said a theory that they might use Leo's blood to bring Shredder back, that'd be intresting.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Wait, we are going to have a time travel future arc? Yes, please. I'd love to see the turtles in the future like.

Samurai arc confirmed? Wicked!

Saw the trailer for season five, man looks so boss.

Some one on Yutube said a theory that they might use Leo's blood to bring Shredder back, that'd be intresting.
That would be hard since they can't show blood in cartoons but would a blood transfusion be allowed for a cartoon.

But thinking about it, as this is the last season, Ciro and Brandon wouldn't care if they show blood.

We got a sneak peek coming later.

TMNT‏ @TMNT 2m
@JaggedKeiji @DocThrockmorton There's a sneak peek at the entire season dropping on our Instagram page later today.

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/839922477014921216

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #15
Vicky82
Emperor

New Promo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbtis3jr5W/?taken-by=tmnt

We got Turtle Tots.

Mona Lisa (I was Right), Sal Commander and Newtralizer returning

Ghostbusters reference.

The Kraang are back too.

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-09-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ah, thank god Newtralizer is getting one last episode. We haven't seen him since Season 2 and it was odd he wasn't in the space arc. I guess his story will be wrapped up.

Now all they have to do is have April's mother in one of these plots, I hope they can do it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
New Promo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbtis3jr5W/?taken-by=tmnt

We got Turtle Tots.

Mona Lisa (I was Right), Sal Commander and Newtralizer returning

Ghostbusters reference.

The Kraang are back too.
Nice to see Mona Lisa return.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #18
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I thought it was recently extended to 26.
It was?

Quote:
That would be hard since they can't show blood in cartoons but would a blood transfusion be allowed for a cartoon.

But thinking about it, as this is the last season, Ciro and Brandon wouldn't care if they show blood.

We got a sneak peek coming later.

TMNT‏ @TMNT 2m
@JaggedKeiji @DocThrockmorton There's a sneak peek at the entire season dropping on our Instagram page later today.

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/839922477014921216
Thank you Nick! Newtralizer is back finally and seems we will finally wrap up April's mother stuff. Looking forward to this.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #19
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
You can show blood in cartoons it's just not that common.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #20
snake
Disgusting

I'm most hyped for the possible Bodycount episode. I really want to see how they tackle that.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5