The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Is this series cancelled than?

What with a new Netflix series officially confirmed and that its not connected to this series. Does that mean the end of this series?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

It was moved to Nicktoons, which is basically how Nickelodeon announces cancellation. Then again, there's at least 25 more full episodes left, so...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was renewed for a second season awhile go, so there's at minimum going to be 26 more episodes left.

Overall it gives the show a healthy run of 52 episodes, which isn't too bad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
TommyT
Banned

The live action series has NOT been greenlit.

NO, Nic hasn't agreed to a new show yet.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
Damo
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
The live action series has NOT been greenlit.

NO, Nic hasn't agreed to a new show yet.
They're strongly considering a live action show while moving the remaining episodes of RotTMNT to Nicktoons. At night.

They greenlit the second season (and Netflix movie) before getting a good picture of how well RotTMNT would perform, and now they're not liking how it did. ~50 eps and a Netflix special isn't shabby at all, but yeah, it sure looks like it got the kiss of death.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
They're strongly considering a live action show while moving the remaining episodes of RotTMNT to Nicktoons. At night.

They greenlit the second season (and Netflix movie) before getting a good picture of how well RotTMNT would perform, and now they're not liking how it did. ~50 eps and a Netflix special isn't shabby at all, but yeah, it sure looks like it got the kiss of death.
There is no live action series in the works, it's all speculation and rumors.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

God I hope so I want another 2012 like show dark and gritty with a little bit of comedy. Not full fledged Teen Titans go humor and making the turtles dumb goofballs.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
God I hope so I want another 2012 like show dark and gritty with a little bit of comedy. Not full fledged Teen Titans go humor and making the turtles dumb goofballs.
Yeah dark and gritty like the episode where bigfoot had a crush on Donatello and the 2k12 turtles never acted like dumb goofballs(especially Mikey)
Old 11-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Yeah dark and gritty like the episode where bigfoot had a crush on Donatello and the 2k12 turtles never acted like dumb goofballs(especially Mikey)
There's no point in signaling out a filler ep like the Bigfoot ep and saying that accurately represents the series.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #10
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's no point in signaling out a filler ep like the Bigfoot ep and saying that accurately represents the series.
Why not its still an episode and there are tons more episodes like that.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Why not its still an episode and there are tons more episodes like that.
Fillers are known to be more silly/comedic. Do you do that with the anime you watch? You signal out fillers and tell people they accurately represent the series?
Old 11-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
That papgreg is getting obnoxious. It's like he hates TMNT.

Why is everyone mis-quoting the news, and acting like the live action thing is a sure bet? It's really not. I wish i could say how I know, because, I know, but suffice it to say, there is zero interest in going dark and gritty with TMNT, now or anytime soon. They aren't thinking in those terms at all.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #13
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Fillers are known to be more silly/comedic. Do you do that with the anime you watch? You signal out fillers and tell people they accurately represent the series?

Filler means its not in the source material so when people say it doesn't represent the series it's unless the creator says its canon.

Western adaptions takes a few liberties to the point its more or less its own thing so unless the creators say it non-canon its not considered filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
That papgreg is getting obnoxious. It's like he hates TMNT..
Didn't Jester tell you to stop with "elitist garbage"

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-16-2019 at 03:45 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #14
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Filler means its not in the source material so when people say it doesn't represent the series it's unless the creator says its canon.

Western adaptions takes a few liberties to the point its more or less its own thing so unless the creators say it non-canon its not considered filler.

Didn't Jester tell you to stop with "elitist garbage"
Not yet. And I'm not being an elitist. You are trolling, and it should stop.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:48 AM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
As we all know, it feels like all darker takes on TMNT (early Fred Wolf, Fred Wolf Red Sky, late Archie, original 4 Kids, early Nickelodeon ideas, later Nickelodeon seasons) are doomed to fail. No matter if it is because of parents complaining over too much violence, or toy sales declining or whatever.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:58 AM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
What with a new Netflix series officially confirmed and that its not connected to this series. Does that mean the end of this series?
I don't think you know what "confirmed" means.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:24 AM   #17
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
As we all know, it feels like all darker takes on TMNT (early Fred Wolf, Fred Wolf Red Sky, late Archie, original 4 Kids, early Nickelodeon ideas, later Nickelodeon seasons) are doomed to fail. No matter if it is because of parents complaining over too much violence, or toy sales declining or whatever.
This is why we can't have nice things anymore. We might as well go back to the "dead era" of TMNT of 1997-2002

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How to do a darker one without being doomed via complaint -- aim it at older audiences, of course. If anyone is dumb enough to let their 6-year-old watch a show intended for older teens and adults, that is on them. (And those modern complaining parents are within the generations of most of us here, so what the heck people. )

But if they can go and throw 'Rise' into a time slot at 10:30 at night for whatever the heck reason, then, um, they could do that with a darker or otherwise more serious series someday that isn't for little kids...? Or, I dunno, take advantage of that Viacom/CBS merger and air it on CBS instead of Nick?

I just don't get how there are all these potential options on the table that they just ignore. The makers of collectables know and gladly acknowledge that there is an older market that is always glad to see new TMNT merchandise happening. DC knows it and made that TMNT/Batman crossover and quickly got figures out there for sale. Nick/Viacom people...? Yeah, they seem for the most part to be doing their best to pretend NOT to know it.

Okay, granted Nick surely had to give DC the okay to do what they wanted with that crossover, it's a start, but just proof of what's possible if they can be bothered to let it be a bit separate from Nick.

I'm just saying...another more serious 2D cartoon series on weekends or prime time hours aired on CBS would be incredible to see. (Or, you know, Netflix, but that isn't as fun to discuss as weekly eps are.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
(Or, you know, Netflix, but that isn't as fun to discuss as weekly eps are.)
Weekly? The 2012–2017 Nickelodeon series could take months, who felt like years, even during seasons.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 11-17-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yes, well... weekly when it would actually come back for a few weeks? *shrug*

Getting back to a weekly show (one that at least keeps its time slot and shows a repeat when it isn't new) would be a nice concept to get back to. One can dream, right?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote