The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-06-2021, 04:48 AM   #1761
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I... disagree.

Moving on:
"They wanted me back for a reason...I need to find out why"

Applies to Clark/Jesus/Snyder in any given order
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #1762
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Old 03-06-2021, 04:46 PM   #1763
Leo656
The Franchise

These teasers are incredible.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:51 PM   #1764
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I... disagree.

Moving on:
ok that shot of Clark walking through the Fortress with all the suits coming out was pretty cool.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #1765
Leo656
The Franchise

It was in the Deleted Scenes on the Blu-ray, too, but color-swapped; the Superman costume he walks past in that cut was black and the suit he wore was the familiar blue and red, but obviously it was switched here for storytelling purposes.

Apparently that shot lasted pretty far into development of the theatrical cut, only to fall victim to WB's arbitrary "It HAS to be under two hours!" mandate, and that would have put them at 2:01. So it had to get the axe.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:51 PM   #1766
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:19 PM   #1767
Leo656
The Franchise

That's awesome.

Hopefully "What is Brunch?" was all Whedon and didn't make the cut for this.

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #1768
AquaParade
Big Boss

That one was really cool.

How are those of who are paying, watching this? Is HBO Max it's own subscription?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #1769
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That one was really cool.

How are those of who are paying, watching this? Is HBO Max it's own subscription?
yes HBO Max costs $14.99 a month .

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #1770
sdp
Digi Slave

I spent all night trying to see which Movie flash crossed over in to the Arrowverse in Crisis on Infinite Earths.. Whedon's or Snyder's?

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #1771
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #1772
Leo656
The Franchise

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #1773
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Snyder Cut got leaked for a bit on HBO Max instead of Tom And Jerry. Martian Manhunter got shown and lets just say yeesh that's the best that could be done?

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; Yesterday at 08:07 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #1774
IMJ
Mad Scientist

I'm looking forward to this, but I think after it's released people might look more fondly on the Whedon cut with it's lighter tonality and somewhat decent attempts at humor to lighten it up and make it fun.

I'm not hedging an entire argument on this, but Snyder takes his "green-screen-only epic filmaking" a bit too seriously for a guy that has quite frankly never actually produced an epic film in his career. Some good movies? Sure. But Spielberg and Jackson he aint.

The Whedon cut is bashed a little harshly because of a combination of sociological staking towards Marvel and other opportunistic criticisms like the Super Stache. And this isn't a new thing - people get on the wagon with whatever the social flow is at the time, even if it is a stretch. It was like saying that "Iron Man 2 had too much Avengers setup and that's why it sucked" when in fact there is almost no real Avengers setup in that movie at all - maybe one true scene and that's it.

All I'm saying is that it was popular to bash Justice League - in some ways rightfully so but in any of the stretch ways it was just piling on. And while I'm sure that Snyder's version is going to be more fleshed out and maybe a little more cohesive, it will probably be your typical, drawn out, purely synthetic world Snyder flick with his typical color pallet and hopes for an epic film but not quite there.

I want this movie to save the DCEU. But it isn't going to. And then going forward we will be in for agenda-Superman, weirdo Pattman, and who knows what other deviations from otherwise great source material in the future.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #1775
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'm looking forward to this, but I think after it's released people might look more fondly on the Whedon cut with it's lighter tonality and somewhat decent attempts at humor to lighten it up and make it fun.
Dumb people, sure.

The theatrical cut aimed squarely at "mediocre" and barely grazed the mark.

Unless a person absolutely, positively NEEDS a punchline every minute (And can ignore a ton of bad dialog and plot holes) in order to enjoy a super-hero movie, there's absolutely no reason to ever watch the Whedon version again. It doesn't fit with the previous films, making it a bad "sequel" (when the entire point originally was to pay off all the setup from MoS and BvS) and it doesn't really leave things in a good place for anything upcoming, either. It's just a bland, "safe" stand-alone puff piece. Is it as bad as people say? No, not really, but is it ever worth watching again when 1. There's a million other, better super-hero movies out there, and 2. We finally have the "real" version of the movie? Abso-f*cking-lutely NOT.

There's already a hundred comic book movies that try (and fail) at bad "lighthearted" comedy skits. All I ever wanted was "super-hero Lord of the Rings" and at least SOMEBODY had the balls to actually go there for once in this lifetime. Characters should not be cracking wise and making punny quips during the Apocalypse (Apokolips). Let every other comic book movie be a cartoon; we can have ONE where the material is played straight and treated correctly. If people can't handle it, that's their problem.

Given that all upcoming super-hero fair looks to be evenly split between "woke" nonsense and more bad comedies, this may very well be the last comic book movie I watch for a long, long time. I don't want to say "ever" - I mean, I do want to see how bad the Flash movie can be, but that's a rather morbid curiosity and not something I'm excited for, and boy does that piss me off - but it's the one and only thing I'm excited for for at least the next few years.

Is it gonna change anyone's mind? No. But there's no reaching some people. Some people just hate Snyder's style and they're never going to change their mind no matter what. Some people think The Grateful Dead is good music, and they'll never change their minds no matter what. Some people just have their own opinion on what's "correct" and they'll never be swayed from it. It is what it is.

But yeah, no, only an idiot would ever watch the Whedon cut over this one. That's like saying "I don't want this filet mignon steak, I've got some Steak'ums at home so I'm fine." I'm aware those idiots do exist, but they shouldn't honestly speak out loud.

Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM   #1776
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My latest general thoughts:

* Are we supposed to be saying that Darkseid looks awesome? Because he doesn't. He looks like early PS4 FMV. Like, even if you were to give Thanos glowing eyes and take away that "human" trait, Thanos would still look 300% more like a real character who's there on film than what's going on with Darkseid here. I AM forgiving, however, because I understand the nature of the Snyder Cut and the budgetary/time restrictions therein.

* As I've bemoaned... every time I open up the movie newsfeed or click on a new trailer for this thing... "Knightmare," "Knightmare," "Knightmare." I'm so sick of hearing about the damn "Snyder's Knightmare sequences." It was a respectable device in BvS that set the stage for a little time muckery later on, nothing more. I'm assuming something like... Snyder's JL begins in the future, and instead of doing "Dark Knight Returns" and the "Death of Superman," now it's going to be his version of the opening FMV to "DC Universe Online," where all the heroes die? Before we cut back to the heroes in the present, who are presumably benefitting from Flash's warning? Something like that?

* Snyder's already openly saying it ends on a big cliffhanger. That's a pretty big reason to not be super excited about the movie, for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Snyder Cut got leaked for a bit on HBO Max instead of Tom And Jerry. Martian Manhunter got shown and lets just say yeesh that's the best that could be done?

https://i.imgur.com/SQGBTws.jpg
I thought Snyder hated MM? Do we know if Harry Lennix is playing him?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #1777
Leo656
The Franchise

- So if you're willing to accept the budgetary restrictions, why feel the need to complain about Darkseid's appearance at all? You addressed your own complaint.

- One would think that after knowing for 5 years that there was no follow-up in the making, you could make peace with it by now. It's in no way a "worse" movie than it would have been Back Then just because WB turned chickensh*t and refused to follow through. They weren't going to RE-reshoot half of it to turn "Part 1 of 3" into a stand-alone. That was never, ever going to happen. The movie they shot in 2016 is the movie they had to finish. That's the material they had to work with. "Oh Well."

You already saw what happened when they tried to chop it down to be a stand-alone movie with no cliffhanger ending, back in 2017. And the results were Not Good.

- He never said he "hated" Martian Manhunter. Where do you get this stuff? What he SAID was, the arc from MoS through Justice League was centered around the idea that "Kal-El and his emergence as 'Superman' is the most important historical figure/event in the history of the world," and that having a character in the movies like Martian Manhunter who has ALL the same powers as Superman "plus three or four more", with almost the exact same origin ("refugee from a dead planet") and pathos ("world won't accept him because he's an alien") would dilute the point of things and make Superman himself redundant. When you're trying to put over Superman as a Big Huge Deal in your world, having "Superman Who Can Turn Invisible And Read Minds" standing right next to him at the same time makes that task infinitely more difficult.

And yes, it's the same actor who played Swanwick. The Manhunter cameo was teased in hints Snyder was dropping way back before the theatrical cut of JL even came out, and was one of the very first things people jumped on having been cut/not filmed because there had already been so much chatter about it.

He never said he "hated" Manhunter or wasn't going to include him in the movies. He always said "We'll get there. Superman first, though." Which again, only makes sense. Superman was always supposed to be the "beacon" that drew the other metahumans out of hiding in the first place. People just didn't have any goddamn patience to let the story play itself out, so they get caught up on assumptions and flat-out misinformation.

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #1778
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My latest general thoughts:

I thought Snyder hated MM? Do we know if Harry Lennix is playing him?
Yes Lennix is MM

no Snyder doesn't MM, David S Goyer hates MM he was the one who infamously coined "only virgins know who Martian Manhunter is"

Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #1779
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, he's not incorrect. But it was definitely not a very tactful comment to make out loud, no.

The assessment that most people don't know who Martian Manhunter is, and that most people who do know don't care very much, is a simple statement of fact. BUT, I don't think Goyer ever needed to make that statement, as it just comes off as disrespectful towards the comic book audience whether that was his intention or not.

...He's still right, though. J'onn's only ever had mini-series, and none of those sold very well. He can't support a book on his own, never could, and most of his role in the JL comics is being on Monitor Duty and giving out orders to the more proactive team members, or "mind-linking" them all so they can communicate telepathically during battles. I love J'onn, but objectively he's kind of redundant. He's not the kind of character you put front-and-center and try and present as a Big Huge Deal because... he isn't. He's not a very dynamic or even proactive character. Which isn't to say he's not an important part of the DCU or the JLA, because he is important and he has his role, but let's be honest, he's mostly "support staff".

There's a lot that could be done in a movie to make him more dynamic, though, what with the shape-shifting gimmick and everything. Probably would have had some cool stuff to do in the sequels. I bet his whole "mind-linking" gimmick would have probably had a lot to do with how they finally beat Darkseid in JL3. Would'a been pretty neat. Ah well.