The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #1
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That was sort of funny coming from Randy. I get that he is entrenched in this lifestyle and hunting is practically part of his everyday, but it comes across as a bit strange to tell your potential buyers to hunt things down. The goal should be to get them in their hands - and I know it is, and he is doing the best he can, but it still came across as a bit of a stretch.
He was off in his claim that since Bebop and Rocksteady were the only new releases in Wave 2 is what made them so hard to find and that by giving us more new releases in future waves that would somehow make the demand less for new releases
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
He was off in his claim that since Bebop and Rocksteady were the only new releases in Wave 2 is what made them so hard to find and that by giving us more new releases in future waves that would somehow make the demand less for new releases
agreed. i love neca but the way randy refuses to accept responsibility for under supplying r&b is not okay. it's not scalpers faults. it's not target's fault. it's not "part of the experience" to hunt around endlessly. it's specifically your fault, randy. just admit it, accept it, and do better. that's all. just ramp up production and shipment. scale. that's literally all that needs to be done.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
agreed. i love neca but the way randy refuses to accept responsibility for under supplying r&b is not okay. it's not scalpers faults. it's not target's fault. it's not "part of the experience" to hunt around endlessly. it's specifically your fault, randy. just admit it, accept it, and do better. that's all. just ramp up production and shipment. scale. that's literally all that needs to be done.
Don't worry, by putting Leatherhead/Slash together, while splitting April and Casey, now everyone will want all 3 packs from the next wave, making them all impossible to find.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #4
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
it's not "part of the experience" to hunt around endlessly.
exactly! I don't get why Randy thinks it's okay to drive around endlessly wasting gas,miles on the car (and time) looking for figures only to constantly end up with nothing. Any Retail stores carrying toys just flat out suck anymore. It's always the luck of the draw.

Sadly, every one of these Exclusives I will be forced to pay double from scalpers because stores can't keep these in stock or because employees (and scalpers) buy the whole case of 3 (because stores only get one freakin case to begin with). This is one of the hardest lines to collect and that's because there is never enough to go around.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
Don Leo Raphangelo
Mouser

Been refreshing all night. It sold out 1 min before Neca even posted about it. What a joke.
Don Leo Raphangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #6
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

will they not be sold in stores?
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:41 AM   #7
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Wish wish wish they would do pre-order ( ahem Super 7 )
Old 06-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yikes. What a cluster.

Not sure why you can't just do a pre-order system like GameStop? Maybe this first run will test out the kinks, but not off to a good start.

Skipping out on this one, so it doesn't hurt as much ... but hoping that the tease that Tokka and Rahzar aren't going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive means they'll actually sell them on the NECA store.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #9
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Wow so F that 1 PM EST time Neca stated yesterday huh. Just check hear and IG and found out they dropped early. SMH not how you should run your operation.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #10
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Yeah, I have learned not to trust their drop times so I start checking hours early.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #11
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

What I can't get my head around is that here in the UK all the online stores that are going to stock these figures take pre-orders. They've been up for weeks and weeks. So there is no rush, no surge in demand, no waiting for a launch date and time then having to refresh constantly. Makes no sense why you guys don't have a system like the UK one in the US. At least NECA could then make as many as there were pre-orders for, then make any extra stock for the shop shelves. I don't get it.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
What I can't get my head around is that here in the UK all the online stores that are going to stock these figures take pre-orders. They've been up for weeks and weeks. So there is no rush, no surge in demand, no waiting for a launch date and time then having to refresh constantly. Makes no sense why you guys don't have a system like the UK one in the US. At least NECA could then make as many as there were pre-orders for, then make any extra stock for the shop shelves. I don't get it.
Me either. That only makes complete sense for all parties involved.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:59 PM   #13
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Unfortunately NECA confirmed via FB that all sets are sold out and will not be restocked on the Walmart website. So it's either store hunting (during a global pandemic no less) or scalpers. Thanks Randy!
Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #14
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

I mustve misread it says before 1. They posted this around 4 yesterday. So your giving me a 12+ hour window? What kind of non senses is that? How is it hard just to have an exact time drop. WALMART is multi million dollar company their website should support something like this!!!
Old 06-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #15
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
I mustve misread it says before 1. They posted this around 4 yesterday. So your giving me a 12+ hour window? What kind of non senses is that? How is it hard just to have an exact time drop. WALMART is multi million dollar company their website should support something like this!!!
Multi billion bruh multi billion

It?s should be one of the best sites
Old 06-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #16
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

It's sad when dying Gamestop has a better website/preorder system than retail giants Walmart and Target.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #17
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Multi billion bruh multi billion

It?s should be one of the best sites
LMAO even worse. NECA themselves do a SDCC drop each year with a drop time. This shouldnt be this unorganized.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #18
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am done with both Turtle Lines. I got Raph from Gamestop when they first came out. I got better things to buy that I actually have a chance to get. Didn't try to get this one and I won't the others.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:17 AM   #19
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
LMAO even worse. NECA themselves do a SDCC drop each year with a drop time. This shouldnt be this unorganized.
They are allowed to do that only with con exclusives. The hoops they have to jump through are wacky. Those are the bonly ones they can sell themselves in the US.Target, WM, Lootcrate go by their own practices.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #20
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

guess i missed the worm lol i set alarm to get up at 12:45 so i could be ready at 1pm.
working midnights i was gonna place my order and go back to bed. didnt realize "before 1pm EST" meant 3 hours before lol. ill just keep trying i guess
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote