The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #9681
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

This arrived yesterday from Amazon. (It was only THIRTEEN BUCKS, so I couldn't resist blowing some Christmas money on it.):

Project X Zone 2
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:50 AM   #9682
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Twas good, but I prefer the last one a lot more. Rise slowly started ripping off Uncharted 2 towards the end.
I actually finished that game recently too. I think I'd give the first one an edge as well but only because I felt like Rise didn't have many of those spectacular set-piece moments the first one had and also because they really went heavy with all the busy work. I'm curious as to why you think it ripped off Uncharted 2 btw. I haven't played that game in a while.

Also, I'm late with this but here's what I got for Christmas.
Spoiler:

I'm beyond grateful for this and still can't believe I actually got these things. It's more than I could have ever asked for but I do owe my brother a lot of thanks as I know he was able to get a lot of these for cheap during black Friday, but still, it adds up.

Anyway, I recently finished Limbo on Xbox One and while it was short, it was quite an interesting and refreshing experience. It's really moment to moment so it never feels like you're doing the same thing twice. I also appreciate how the game doesn't hold your hand. The game just gives you the tools and the work is all on you to solve all the puzzles and progress. I seriously recommend it to anyone who is tired of how formulaic modern games are or just want to experience something new.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #9683
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Thats an insane haul, Turo. Ratchet & Clank is way better than expected, hopefully you dig it, wether or not you've played the original or not (I had never done so).
Old 01-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #9684
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does anyone here know if The Last Guardian is worth it? Reviews and opinions on the game seem mixed, with the most common complaint being it feels like a dated PS2 game with a bad camera. But I don't mind stuff like that too much, so is it worth it?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #9685
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Good haul Turo

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 AM   #9686
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Thats an insane haul, Turo. Ratchet & Clank is way better than expected, hopefully you dig it, wether or not you've played the original or not (I had never done so).
Yeah, I never played the original either or any game in the series for that matter. I was really interested in this one however because I heard lots of great things and the game just looks very beautiful. Definitely looked like a PS4 game I couldn't miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Good haul Turo
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does anyone here know if The Last Guardian is worth it? Reviews and opinions on the game seem mixed, with the most common complaint being it feels like a dated PS2 game with a bad camera. But I don't mind stuff like that too much, so is it worth it?
I haven't played it myself but from what I gather it seems like a game people really wanted to like due to the tremendous amount of anticipation for it but were ultimately let down. Though I also hear it's got lots of great moments so it's really up to you to decide whether or not you mind pushing through the game's flaws just to experience those moments. Honestly, I'd just recommend you wait for a price drop suitable enough for you to give it a try.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:41 AM   #9687
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS HAUL! (Part 2: Video Games!)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2yll0ft.jpg

Paper Mario: Color Splash
Mario Party Star Rush
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

http://i66.tinypic.com/6qvcwh.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2afa93c.jpg

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Day One Edition (PS4)
Dragon Ball Fusions
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2quhg7s.jpg

LEGO Dimensions Supergirl Starter Pack (PS4) (Definitely the biggest surprise out of everything I received this year. Only asked for the Sonic pack and was okay with waiting to get the game itself next year, but my family found it super cheap, so they went ahead and got it for me! It's the Supergirl version, too! Extra neat!)
LEGO Dimensions Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack

http://i65.tinypic.com/23r6234.jpg

PS4 Dualshock 4 Controller
How is Sonic Boom Fire and Ice?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #9688
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just played Super Mario Land and New Super Mario Brothers 2.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #9689
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I've got some store credit I need to redeem at a local store by the end of the month. Right now I'm debating between two options:

Purchase Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Gamecube) for $5 after discount or Pikmin 2 Wii Play Control version for $20 after discount. Both games include a case but I haven't checked on the manual yet.

Any thoughts on the better value?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #9690
CyberCubed
Overlord

Have you played either game before? Pikmin 2 is fantastic, but if you played the Gamecube version the Wii port isn't much different besides controls.

Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube also has a full single player mode of 8 worlds with 3-4 levels each. It's basically a level based 2D Zelda with tons of great puzzles and gameplay. This game has also never been re-released or put on the virtual console, so if you've never played it and love 2D Zelda gameplay I'd go for it.

If you've never played either game, then go with whatever franchise you like more.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #9691
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic today and started playing the sequel, Knights of the Old Republic II-Sith Lords.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 PM   #9692
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

Made some more progress in the games that I'm playing...

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES): I finished all of the Sand Canyon Stages, and I collected all of the Heart Stars for each stage. The level where you're supposed to put R.O.B. back together had me stumped for a little while because I didn't realize that you needed Kine and the Spark ability to light up an area so you could see which doors lead to the piece in the section. I eventually got through it, though, and now I'm on World 4: Cloudy Park.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN): I finished defeating all of the disguised Cipher members at Phenac City, and I went through the story where your scooter bogs down in the middle of the desert and you have to turn around. I still need to get it tuned up at the lab, though. Besides that I've mostly been purifying Shadow Pokemon.

Aura Aura Climber (DSi): Nothing new here. I thought that I had S-Ranked every stage except for the marathon one, but I apparently still need to S-Rank Stage 10 as well. I made a few attempts at the Marathon stage, but I always end up dying somewhere. Which is incredibly annoying because that stage is so freakin' long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've got some store credit I need to redeem at a local store by the end of the month. Right now I'm debating between two options:

Purchase Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Gamecube) for $5 after discount or Pikmin 2 Wii Play Control version for $20 after discount. Both games include a case but I haven't checked on the manual yet.

I haven't played the Pikmin games with the new controls, only the original Gamecube releases, so I can't say much for that. I do think that Pikmin 2 offers the better single player experience, though. If you ever plan to get a Four Swords Adventures setup, then you might go with that, because that is a great game to play with friends.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #9693
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

I dunno about their worth in the secondary market or anything, but Four Sowrds is a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #9694
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Thanks for all the input on the Pikman2 v. 4SwordsAdventures!

I'd love to own both one day. The way I'm looking at it is, what's the likelihood prices may skyrocket in a few years to make it unaffordable to me to purchase one later. I own Pikmin 1 (GC) and 3 (Wii U) and find them both delightful though I sometimes get stuck and forget about the games for a while. The original Pikmin Wii version is now on Virtual Console so I'm hopeful Pikmin 2 will appear eventually.

I'm leaning towards Four Swords because of its unique gameplay and Nintendo's apparent reluctance to re-release it.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #9695
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pikmin 2 Wii edition is going to be on the Virtual Console eventually, but Nintendo sometimes takes their sweet time uploading games.

Four Swords was designed to be played with GBA controllers and link cables, but you can play the single player just with a standard Gamecube controller. I'd probably go with Four Swords though. The single player is great and the puzzles are 2D Zelda at its best.

I bought the game way back in 2004 (which is now a staggering 12 years ago) and even back then I was blown away.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:28 PM   #9696
THGhost
Puppet Master

Tried out Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China today. It's definitely more my bag than the recent AC games; more emphasis on stealth and the 2.5 side-scrolling aspect is a nice change.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #9697
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

asheron's call

Never even heard of that game before but sucks for that old guy they're shutting it down. it did a lot better than other games like it though. Asheron's Call
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #9698
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Final Fantasy XV is pretty good for such a flawed game.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #9699
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just played TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare on DS and Super Mario Galaxy.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #9700
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
Just played TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare on DS
How far into that are you? I had that game, and perhaps you can help me understand something in it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games