The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #1081
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I've seen the episodes with that guy from Teen Wolf as Superman, and thought those were charming. Oh, and the crossovers with Legends, but...eh.
I have to admit, watching this show I can't help but often think to myself, "Holy crap, Plastron is probably loving the sh** out of this, all of this."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #1082
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I have to admit, watching this show I can't help but often think to myself, "Holy crap, Plastron is probably loving the sh** out of this, all of this."
Not my thing.
Rare is the DC property that catches my attention for any duration.
I only really tuned in to the Supes episodes because I needed to rinse my brain of the Snyderverse.

I was not disappointed, that lad was charming as all get out.
And Kara is delightful. I love LOVE Calista Flockhart.

But I find you lot complaining about the so-called agenda way more entertaining than the average CW show.
(I already paid those dues with the first several seasons of Smallville.)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:31 PM   #1083
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I think we found our head writer of the show.

wouldn't that make her a plant on these boards then?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #1084
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Kara is very delightful. She brings a "fun" and joy that even eclipses Barry's on early Flash stuff.

I actually really like Calista Flockhart. Her character is probably the only interesting one on the show aside from Kara herself, even though on paper it's the same, old tired "The Devil's Wears Prada Boss" cliche. I watched all of Ally McBeal ages ago and it's good to see her in stuff again.

Everyone else? Harrible.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #1085
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not my thing.
Rare is the DC property that catches my attention for any duration.
I only really tuned in to the Supes episodes because I needed to rinse my brain of the Snyderverse.

But I find you lot complaining about the so-called agenda way more entertaining than the average CW show.
(I already paid those dues with the first several seasons of Smallville.)
I don't remember noticing there were agendas in Smallville, I was just enjoying the show.

As for the new ones, I only really watch Arrow, just because I stared with that and the rest is having the time to get round to watching them. I watch the crossovers but that's about it.

Last edited by newfan; 01-30-2018 at 04:16 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #1086
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I don't remember noticing there were agendas in Smallville, I was just enjoying the show.

As for the new ones, I only really watch, just because I stared with that and the rest is having the time to get round to watching them. I watch the crossovers but that's about it.
Every show has a voice. If you disagree with that voice, then I guess it becomes an agenda? I don't know where the endzone has been redrawn this time.

I mentioned Smallville not because I took issue with its voice/agenda, but because it's a CW drama.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #1087
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Every show has a voice. If you disagree with that voice, then I guess it becomes an agenda? I don't know where the endzone has been redrawn this time.

I mentioned Smallville not because I took issue with its voice/agenda, but because it's a CW drama.
I suppose it depends how loud the voice is or what people are looking for/or have an issue with/relate to.
One of my favs (supernatural) is a CW too, still waiting for it's latest season to air here.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #1088
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Kara is very delightful. She brings a "fun" and joy that even eclipses Barry's on early Flash stuff.

I actually really like Calista Flockhart. Her character is probably the only interesting one on the show aside from Kara herself, even though on paper it's the same, old tired "The Devil's Wears Prada Boss" cliche. I watched all of Ally McBeal ages ago and it's good to see her in stuff again.

Everyone else? Harrible.
You didn't like her sister (blanking on the name) in Season 1? When she was a badass?
Old 01-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #1089
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You didn't like her sister (blanking on the name) in Season 1? When she was a badass?
Alex Danvers? Moderately interesting in potential, actual execution boils down to just... "disapproving, glowering older sibling acting disapproving" stuff, over and over. With a dash of drama with their mom now. So far.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #1090
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Alex Danvers? Moderately interesting in potential, actual execution boils down to just... "disapproving, glowering older sibling acting disapproving" stuff, over and over. With a dash of drama with their mom now. So far.
Martian Manhunter. HE was good. Not enough of him.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #1091
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
He hasn't even become that yet but it's obvious he will be.

Why make him Hank Henshaw, though? Surely they won't make him Martian Manhunter AND the Cyborg Superman?
Old 01-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #1092
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
agreed put MM on Legends please
Old 01-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #1093
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
He hasn't even become that yet but it's obvious he will be.

Why make him Hank Henshaw, though? Surely they won't make him Martian Manhunter AND the Cyborg Superman?
Just you wait...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #1094
Vegita-San
Emperor

every now and then i'm reminded this mess is still on the air when i see it trending on twitter.

what teen level soap opera drama did i miss the last few seasons?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:53 PM   #1095
ABrown
Banned

I really like this Reign character, and the actress that plays her. And I absolutely love the magically delicious Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor. But man there's a lot of garbage in this show each week. The show is watchable, but it could definitely be better.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #1096
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

The only CW show I'm watching this season is iZombie. Everything else - Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, Legends, Riverdale, Black Lightning, Supernatural... it's just too much work to keep up for me. I'm exhausted and needed a break.

I also found it was influencing my writing too much. Everything started having that CW tone to it.

Last edited by Krutch; 05-16-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #1097
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I realized last night that I've had the chance to start Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 or Black Lightning for almost a month now, and I'm still not interested.

And Flash Season 4 will be on Netflix in another two weeks... and again, zero enthusiasm.

I think I'm actually done with CW shows. Too much dumb BS drama that no actual human being would ever get caught up in. Too much of Flash not knowing to run a little bit faster.

Oh well. I enjoyed it for awhile.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #1098
plastroncafe

Legends is still the only thing I watch of that lot, and while I'm entertained by it...I mostly look forward to it because it's Roommate Bonding Time.

That said, I am stoked that Constantine is going to be a series regular next year.

And I'm fruitlessly hoping that they pick up Lucifer for a cameo, now that that show has been cancelled.

(I was catching up on iZombie, right up until that had that episode with the dog second season. And then I just felt so sad. Probably didn't help that I was watching that episode not long after my 16 year old cat had passed away.

I haven't been back since.)
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #1099
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Legends is still the only thing I watch of that lot, and while I'm entertained by it...I mostly look forward to it because it's Roommate Bonding Time.

That said, I am stoked that Constantine is going to be a series regular next year.

And I'm fruitlessly hoping that they pick up Lucifer for a cameo, now that that show has been cancelled.

(I was catching up on iZombie, right up until that had that episode with the dog second season. And then I just felt so sad. Probably didn't help that I was watching that episode not long after my 16 year old cat had passed away.

I haven't been back since.)
I realized why I was looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow... it's "Hey, WE'LL put those Flash characters to good use!" on the CW.

Except that just kinda irritates me more than it delights me... it's kinda like the X-Men movies for me. I wasn't a fan until the TV show / movies, then I read up after enjoying the show, and now I'm more irritated by what the on screen versions do wrong than what they do right.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #1100
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I realized why I was looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow... it's "Hey, WE'LL put those Flash characters to good use!" on the CW.

Except that just kinda irritates me more than it delights me... it's kinda like the X-Men movies for me. I wasn't a fan until the TV show / movies, then I read up after enjoying the show, and now I'm more irritated by what the on screen versions do wrong than what they do right.
I will defend Legends with every breath I have its DC's Guardians of The Galaxy. Also Constantine is a major step up. give Black Lightning a chance its really good. Flash has been pretty good too the guy who plays the thinker is awesome same for the guy who plays elongated man. But ya I gave up in SJWgirl