The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Thank you, Universe, for giving me the best birthday present ever.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #22
sdp
-

I agree they should've had 3 humans turn into monsters and based on the trailer and designs of the kaiju it's going for a realistic approach which doesn't sit well with what it is, a parody but whatever if you have monsters destroying stuff and it's entertaining then who cares.

I mean the first game has no story, the later games is some story relating to Scumlabs accidentally accidentally creating them and aliens attacking It's not Shakespear. I don't blame them much since no matter what they were going to take many liberties. As long as the movie is fun, who cares, all I ever expected form a Rampage adaptation was cool kaiju destroying sh-t.

If the movie isn't fun and it's a chore to sit through *cough*godzilla2014*cough* then yeah, they did f-ck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Dwayne has a terrible track record for movies:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celeb...8210-the_rock/

His only hits were his role in the Fast and Furious series, voicing the Moana character, and about 3 other movies. I'll also give him Mummy Returns because that was his movie debut even though most of it was CG scorpion monster.

Seriously, he only has like 5 movies that aren't rotten.
Again, RT scores are irrelevant, his movies aren't ones that critics may like but people do so they watch them and he is one of the few super star actors that can actually make money. I'm not even a fan of his.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #23
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Did Dwayne just work in this and Jumanji the same time in the same clothes?

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Did Dwayne just work in this and Jumanji the same time in the same clothes?
good one

Quote:
Dwayne has a terrible track record for movies:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celeb...8210-the_rock/

His only hits were his role in the Fast and Furious series, voicing the Moana character, and about 3 other movies. I'll also give him Mummy Returns because that was his movie debut even though most of it was CG scorpion monster.

Seriously, he only has like 5 movies that aren't rotten.
You're not wrong about his film track record, but no one seems to mind that he apparently only does bad movies. He's just too damn charismatic and good-looking, the man is highly watchable.

I just checked his IMDB page and saw like four flicks that I will probably watch with a bowl of popcorn at home
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just watched Central Intelligence recently and it was really good. Dwayne and Kevin Hart made a hilarious comedic pair and it's a typical action movie with some twists where you never know who the villain is. Basically the Rush Hour of Dwayne Johnson.

I also surprisingly liked Dwayne Johnson as Hercules in the 2014 movie. Pretty much typical medieval war movie ala 300 or Spartacus.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Dwayne Johnson hopes to break the video game movie curse with this one.
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/931571447792726016

Thank you guys for the trust. I’m ultra focused aka “f*cking obsessed” to overcome the “video game adaptation curse” and delivering something great w/ #RampageMovie. Plus, remember, I made and failed w/ Doom years ago. Lessons learned my friend.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I just watched Central Intelligence recently and it was really good. Dwayne and Kevin Hart made a hilarious comedic pair and it's a typical action movie with some twists where you never know who the villain is. Basically the Rush Hour of Dwayne Johnson.
I found it painfully unfunny. And It's just Kevin Hart doing the same thing in these "comedies" over and over now, the same kind of roles Chris Rock used to get.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

Having now seen the trailer... Meh. This is barely inspired by the actual game material. I'd maybe watch it for free some months from now, but again, meh.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #29
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I cannot believe there is enough material for this to make a movie about George, Ralph, and Lizzie. I remember it as the game that never ended. Was there a ginal level? I remember playing the PlayStation version and had tired after the 160th city.

Is there a legit simulator that could be PMed? I have not played this in 15 years.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I cannot believe there is enough material for this to make a movie about George, Ralph, and Lizzie. I remember it as the game that never ended. Was there a ginal level? I remember playing the PlayStation version and had tired after the 160th city.

Is there a legit simulator that could be PMed? I have not played this in 15 years.
I remember playing it on the NES for many hours, it never ended, it got to the point where I stopped playing after playing so many levels.

There was a sequel that came out on Wii, PlayStation 2, and GameCube called "Rampage: Total Destruction", it had a lot more monsters, and had better graphics at the time.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #31
Powder
So tired of this place

That's got nothing on the Playstation ones, which were the best of 'em all as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:27 AM   #32
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Would have liked it better if it was humans turning into the monsters like the actual game.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 AM   #33
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I remember playing it on the NES for many hours, it never ended, it got to the point where I stopped playing after playing so many levels.

There was a sequel that came out on Wii, PlayStation 2, and GameCube called "Rampage: Total Destruction", it had a lot more monsters, and had better graphics at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's got nothing on the Playstation ones, which were the best of 'em all as far as I'm concerned.
Are you talking about Rampage: World Tour? If so ... I LOVED that game on my Nintendo 64 and that was actually the very first game I ever played when we got our N64.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:53 AM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

Hell yeah! The subsequent sequels, Universal Tour & Through Time as well. Coolest graphics, edgy material tossed in, simple but fun stories. Love 'em.

The Wii joint is decent but the style of monster design is insaaaaanely off-putting to me. They look so ugly, & not in a cool gruesome way, but a wack one.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #35
sdp
-

Rampage works best as what its supposed to be cheesy kaiju fun. I think the movie can achieve it and at the very least if it's fun destruction it'll please me. Don't take it too seriously like Godzilla 2014 or else its boring, if you do a serious take it would have to be something like Shin Gojira to really work.

Never played through time since it didn't come out on the N64 but I need to get to it. World Tour was indeed a lot of fun and Universal tour more of the same. Total Destruction was also lots of fun even if inferior, but it had been nearly a decade since the last Rampage game so I didn't mind as long as I was playing a new Rampage game. I had the Wii version which sadly the controls got annoying though it's also the version with the most monsters.

I also have great memories playing the NES original at a friends house after High School instead of playing the 360 he also had
Old 02-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the new Trailer.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:57 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

"Project Rampage"

absolutely ridiculous
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

Much better trailer than the last. Now I kinda wanna watch it. Still miffed how different from the games it is, though. A simple design change like making Lizzie & Ralph bipedal would've gone a long way.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #39
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Like Powder said, that trailer does make me a little more enthusiastic. I like that they're not taking it seriously and there seems to be a lot of humor, definitely looks like it'll be a fun movie to go see with friends at the very least.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #40
sdp
-

I wish they had gone full cheese on it, this trailer sets the mood to a rather generic Rock acts like the Rock and giant monsters to spice it up. A full on cheesy giant monsters movie would've felt so much different, I always thought if this ever became a movie it would be very clear what the movie should be but clearly they went for the "Well, let's just put The Rock in a different situation" which to be fair has potential to make money.