The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 02:15 AM   #1
D-ray
Random Punk

Your favourite TMNT game?

I know that there is not too much people who followed or atleast tried the TMNT videogames, but I'm curious anyway.
I'm a big fan of the Ps2 versions and some of the Arcade games (TMNT 2 Battle Nexus, TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare, TMNT Turtles in Time, TMNT Manhattam Project).
If you have never played anyone of them, you didn't miss anything special tho. They are simple beat em ups usually in co-op.

But I think that the best thing of these games is, in fact, the cooperativity and the simple yet fun gameplay. Sometimes it's even the level of challenge some of them gives you!
What about you guys? There is atleast one game that you liked?

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Out of the Shadows is usually fun. I could play all three gameplay modes for hours on end. And the classic games all the way from the TMNT arcade, turtles in time, the 2k3 games and TMNT (2k7) were always fun

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
You're right! D'oh!
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
pferreira
Mad Scientist

The Snes version of Turtles in Time.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
D-ray
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Out of the Shadows is usually fun. I could play all three gameplay modes for hours on end. And the classic games all the way from the TMNT arcade, turtles in time, the 2k3 games and TMNT (2k7) were always fun
Wow, a connoisseur I see!
The arcade games were pretty neat, but easily repetitive. The NES games were pretty fun! Like playing Castlevania with the TMNT (even tho Castelvania was a little easier in some parts). The 2003 Ps2 games were gold! Except for the first, downright boring and really repetitive. The other two had atleast some platforming, more combos, interesting bosses etc. Mutant Melee was good, but the characters choice was... eugh?

Sadly, the only 2007 TMNT game I played is Mutant Melee, which is a GREAT fighting game! Even tho the Ps2 version lacked of some special characters and online multyplayer.
Out of the Shadows is the only one I've never played, for the simple reason that didn't have local co-op (I used to play the TMNT games with my brother). I'm just abit afraid that I might have lost a nice game.

VICTORY!"
Old 03-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #5
D-ray
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The Snes version of Turtles in Time.
I like Turtles in Time too, but I slightly prefer the Ps2 porting on TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare, just because it has a great OST.
Other than that, Arcade, Ps2 or Snes are all kinda the same so it's still a good game.

VICTORY!"
Old 03-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #6
frank_one
Stone Warrior

My all-time favourite is Turtles 3: Radical rescue for the original Game boy. A tmnt metroidvania, nothing can top that.
frank_one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #7
D-ray
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
My all-time favourite is Turtles 3: Radical rescue for the original Game boy. A tmnt metroidvania, nothing can top that.
Never seen it.
Mind if I...

*downloads emulator*

VICTORY!"
Old 03-26-2020, 10:29 AM   #8
Icebot
Foot Elite

My favorites of all time are TMNT 2003 for game boy advance and TMNT 2 Battle Nexus for GameCube.

I also like the NES games TMNT 1 and 2 and I like the Beatles song Come Together because of the 5th stage in the first game. I also like TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare on all systems and TMNT 2007 on game boy advance.

I like the SNES game Turtles in Time and I really like the Neon Night Riders stage due to the fact that we’re in 2020.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #9
D-ray
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
My favorites of all time are TMNT 2003 for game boy advance and TMNT 2 Battle Nexus for GameCube.

I also like the NES games TMNT 1 and 2 and I like the Beatles song Come Together because of the 5th stage in the first game. I also like TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare on all systems and TMNT 2007 on game boy advance.

I like the SNES game Turtles in Time and I really like the Neon Night Riders stage due to the fact that we’re in 2020.
Battle Nexus is still on my desktop, since I like to play it sometimes on my PC! Even tho the best memories and saves are on the Ps2 original disk. I'd like to buy TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare for PC but it's soooo hard to find in good conditions on Ebay!

By the way, Icebot, the best thing of the 2003 trilogy is their OST. I loved how they "recycled" the show themes and adapted them for some of the game's!
And these things...

VICTORY!"