The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 06:52 AM   #41
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

A new live action show? get the Jim Henson company to produce it and all.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:11 PM   #42
originalfire
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
If they do a more adult animated series I hope they get the same team that did Primal including Genndy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Boy View Post
No ****in way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
**** off. Honestly like, just **** right off.

Jesus Christ. Stop trying to ruin TMNT.
Have you watched Primal, its pretty amazing. I think Rise of the TMNT did a good job at ruining it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Playmates said they would be producing toys based on Classic TMNT, so I can only surmise that the next cartoon will have something to do with Classic TMNT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There most likely isn't a new show coming. Playmates said they're making a new series of toys based on classic era TMNT, whoever wrote this article misinterpreted it as a new cartoon series.
People keep writing this but where is the proof. Where is the article or e-mail, and there is already NECA and Super 7 doing classic stuff. I would like them to re-release the old figures and if Playmates cannot find the mold to make the figure again, then they should buy an old figure from eBay and use that to remake the figure.Hasbro is doing it with Ghostbusters. It would be cool if they finished off some of the concept figures from the original line. It would also be cool to get Scratch for a decent price
originalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:14 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm really honestly surprised there's been nothing in the way of anything new of TMNT 2012. Like, specials, or minis, or anything. They have the CGI assets already built and a generation's worth of interest in such a thing... what's the problem?

I don't care if they do or don't, I just find it surprising.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:10 AM   #44
Ninjinister
無問題

wtf is TMMT?
Old 02-29-2020, 01:48 AM   #45
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm really honestly surprised there's been nothing in the way of anything new of TMNT 2012. Like, specials, or minis, or anything. They have the CGI assets already built and a generation's worth of interest in such a thing... what's the problem?

I don't care if they do or don't, I just find it surprising.
At first I had a little hope that they would allow DVD special as isn't uncommon to have post show but as it was replaced right way I felt less hopeful, new show to take off and new toys to sell. With the Rise Netflix movie announced too I came to feel certain that the nail is in the coffin with '12. (so far as they are already doing something else outside of their network airing) I mean even if Rise came along say a year later or so, they still might just have been done with it, I am just speculating that this could have contributed there.

So far as post Rise, maybe if there is a long period of quiet there is a bigger chance that they will do a special but that could be something else altogether or a multiverse thing maybe.

Last edited by newfan; 02-29-2020 at 02:21 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:52 AM   #46
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

The 2012 show is one show I would definitely want a post show special for. As it stands, you have two options for an ending: the Fred Wolf crossover that has a lot of messy elements and doesn't really feel like a finale, or the super depressing future story that's antithetical to this whole show. My pick would be to bring in Fugitoid, to follow up on the cliffhanger they set up but never followed up, and have him, the turtles, and Renet, as well as some of their other allies, go on some huge time travelling adventure to avoid that bad future and become the great heroes of legend that Renet said they would become. That, I feel, would be a much better and much more satisfying finale.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #47
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Whatever they do, i just hope they redeem Michelangelo and Casey Jones
In the 2012 series Michelangelo is so stupid he might have a brain disability and regularly makes things worse for everyone
In the Rise series he's a childish goober who got his personality stolen by Leonardo
And Casey?
In 2012 he's some punk teen to force an embarrassing love triangle, and regularly gets whooped in combat and has this strange “how do you do, fellow kids” personality
And in Rise he doesn’t exist.
Thats all i want, everything else can be terrible, hand me Chad Casey and non dumb Michelangelo and im good
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #48
Sumac
Banned

At this point they might as well make Mike a vegetable in the next incarnation, say broccoli. And put some orange stripes onto it. No-one will be able to spot a difference.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

I honestly don't think a new show is coming, seems like this article got things mixed up over a toyline. Playmates said they're focusing on classic TMNT figures which obviously means 80's re-releases, if there was a new cartoon coming they'd have a new wave of figures based on the new show like they had for Nick 2012 and Rise. Instead here there's nothing, so I doubt it. They wouldn't launch a show without a toyline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #50
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Someone else would surely have reported on it, let's see what the future of the turtles goes, I think a small hiatus is the best scenario, long hiatus in the worst case. I think it also depends what happens with the new movie, if it's in development hell it might be a while. But who knows, we'll get a better picture during SDCC, if nothing shown there then I guess TMNT will be in a dead period like it was after 2k3 ended, which is fine. Give it some time to redo things, getting new batman shows as soon as the last one ended didn't help the Batman franchise, don't want to see that happen to TMNT.

Make cool video games, IDW comics based on the OT, a special of 2012, a toyline based on the original, plenty of things they can do while a new show or movie is developped.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #51
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
At this point they might as well make Mike a vegetable in the next incarnation, say broccoli. And put some orange stripes onto it. No-one will be able to spot a difference.
So basically broccoli with cheese.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Seems the logical "progression."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:42 AM   #53
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Seems the logical "progression."
From party dude - to annoying sibling - to complete retard - "to IQ -200 and going down".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:37 PM   #54
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
What was that? The Thundercats Roar of the TMNT universe?
It was what's called a WTF? moment.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #55
Vicky82
Emperor

New info.

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2020/04/28...figure-review/

Quote:
Playmates Toys are wrapping up their Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figure line with one of the final figures available right now, Wrestling Mikey, aka “One love.” At New York ToyFair, Playmates Toys had nothing new to show for Turtles as the series is coming to an end, but the good news is that there will be a Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated movie airing on Netflix.

Nickelodeon is also working on a new series, and what we had heard is that it’s a live-action show, which would be the second show of its kind as Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation hit the air waves in 1997. Nickelodeon will be making an official announcement on what exactly their plan is at some point, but right now we can only assume it’s a brand new show that’s not affiliated with that has come before.
So it's true, Nick are working on a new live action series.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:08 AM   #56
Leo656
The Franchise

Sounds expensive, hope it's not terrible.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:32 AM   #57
newfan
Mad Scientist

But why is no info like this coming from elsewhere? I'll pay more attention if that happens.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

If it's live action I really hope it's not Next Mutation 2.0, 2020 edition.

I still expect it to be mostly aimed at kids, but hopefully better costumes similar to the first two movies, and some decent storylines and no awful sound effects.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #59
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, live action can also mean CGI and mocap. But be it that or suits, it just better not look like Next Mutation or another brand of low level quality that ends up bombing...

Not familiar with that site though... anyone know how credible their info usually is? Sounds like just a collaboration of all rumors that have gone around, so official announcements from Nick/Viacom would be nice if any of it true, or still true.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #60
Galactus
Foot Elite

They are not going to do motion capture for a TV series. Way too expensive. Frankly any method is going to be pricey for a TV budget but hopefully they can pull it off.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote