The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #61
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What do people on RangerBoard think of this crossover? The franchise in control is PR this time around as well. I am thankful that it is the original characters this time.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #62
Allio
Foot Elite

A lot of the most recent talks about the comics is mainly about getting over the mediocrity of Beyond the Grid, and the overusage of Drakkon/Tommy.

It's just your typical "I'm excited" and "Why is tommy on the front of everything" because of how Tommy gets treated as the wolverine of the franchise, even though "Power Rangers" should be about the team.

also a few "This won't top Shell Shocked XD" comments. but it seemed to break down into "the amount of Tommy on the covers is too damn high."

that's about it as most of the recent stuff is about the ongoings with what was revealed at SDCC
Old 07-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #63
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
A lot of the most recent talks about the comics is mainly about getting over the mediocrity of Beyond the Grid, and the overusage of Drakkon/Tommy.

It's just your typical "I'm excited" and "Why is tommy on the front of everything" because of how Tommy gets treated as the wolverine of the franchise, even though "Power Rangers" should be about the team.

also a few "This won't top Shell Shocked XD" comments. but it seemed to break down into "the amount of Tommy on the covers is too damn high."

that's about it as most of the recent stuff is about the ongoings with what was revealed at SDCC

This is funny how much I agree with them. My 5th grade self hates Andros though. I understand the overuse of Tommy,but I do take issue with overdoing the Lord Drakkon angle. It took up half of the 30 issues that the originial six were the focus and I wanted more of them and less of Drakkon. I was curious if they were like "this is a real crossover" because it was not the original team and the fact Venus was present.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
I never liked Power Rangers. It took the place of TMNT in kid's media, but wasn't anywhere near as good. I know that technically it existed for decades in Japan before it became a US thing, but it's totally obvious that they marketed it here as a Ninja Turtles rip-off. Everything from the adjective-adjective-adjective-noun title and shape of the logo, to different colored martial arts characters plus a girl or two. Power Rangers and Next Mutation signified the end of TMNT for a long time until we finally got some nice reboots much later. I really wish they wouldn't cross Power Rangers with IDW TMNT.
And then Pokemon came out and killed Power Rangers in 1998, and so on and so forth. Besides that and Dragonball Z, it doesn’t feel like there’s been any other major kids fad after. Sure we got popular shows like Spongebob, Avatar, various DC cartoons, etc after, but nothing felt truly as big.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #65
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And then Pokemon came out and killed Power Rangers in 1998, and so on and so forth. Besides that and Dragonball Z, it doesn’t feel like there’s been any other major kids fad after. Sure we got popular shows like Spongebob, Avatar, various DC cartoons, etc after, but nothing felt truly as big.
Would it be argued Harry Potter? Its hard to determine beyond 2002. Not being in the target demographic makes it hard to determine.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #66
Allio
Foot Elite

The big thing after Pokemon was Yugioh. I mean it was so huge in the west is the reason we got "Pyramid of Light" film created, even though that the Duel Monsters anime had already ended in Japan despite it would have came after the battle city arc. It left the film to only be a tv film in Japan.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #67
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
South Park and Family Guy say hello even if they really weren't catered to kids. Same goes for The Simpsons.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Those aren’t kids shows though. And Simpson’s predates everything in the 80’s.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #69
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Kids still watch them, which is my point.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #70
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

well I am super excited for this.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #71
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Those aren’t kids shows though. And Simpson’s predates everything in the 80’s.
Yeah, that didn't stop kids.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:38 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, that didn't stop kids.
Sure, we all watched Simpsons as kids. But I think we were trying to figure out what the big kids fads were after the early 2000's.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 PM   #73
Allio
Foot Elite

So it's funny. I was working on a concept for a Gokaiger/Ninja Turtles crossover one time. And i remember laughing at the idea of Gokaiger changing into Megaranger (ie. the Space rangers) to fight with the turtles as a homage to the Shell Shocked crossover. Each ranger would team up with that corresponding turtles (Red/Leo, Yellow/Raph, Pink/Mikey, Blue/Donnie.) And then there is this hilarious image in my mind of Gokai Green (as Mega black) getting piled on my henchmen and cries out about being alone.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:50 PM   #74
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not to sound old man, but the web-accessible cell phones and then the smartphones came along, and kids’ reliant on TV for entertainment (as well as their attention span) went down. Hot shows became most nonstop action, less dialogue (TMNT and RGB were full of witty, smart, etc. dialogue). Not many big fads after the ones you listed.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #75
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Not to sound old man, but the web-accessible cell phones and then the smartphones came along, and kids’ reliant on TV for entertainment (as well as their attention span) went down. Hot shows became most nonstop action, less dialogue (TMNT and RGB were full of witty, smart, etc. dialogue). Not many big fads after the ones you listed.
Good points. It was really the death of Saturday morning cartoons across the world and less syndicated TV series that went by the end of the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I mean it was clear that Saban was selling MMPR as something with TMNT ties (has even the genius with the bo-staff.) It was basically that + superheros + Highschool shows that were also popular.
A lot of people seem to forget that sandwiched between both was Captain Planet which was almost as big a phenomenon. That show was huge back in the day.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #76
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

California

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Never really thought too much about Power Rangers geography/world, and never really thought about what real-life cities would be included on their world. Looks like they have a New York City!

Also... Angel Grove, California was founded by the British in 1775? In the show, it always looked like a small town, community where everybody knew everybody's business... until the big monster battles took them through the urban metro!
https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Angel_Grove
California was a Spanish posession, before becoming part of Mexico in the early 19th century. California then broke away, forming the California Republic in 1846 only to join the USA by the late-1840's.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:24 PM   #77
Maelxich
Thug

I really hope they have the turtles get the Morphers just once and morph, maybe have the rangers transform into turtles rangers as well I just wanna see some thing crazy like that.
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:30 PM   #78
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelxich View Post
I really hope they have the turtles get the Morphers just once and morph, maybe have the rangers transform into turtles rangers as well I just wanna see some thing crazy like that.
it'd be hilarious if raph got a hold of the yellow rangers.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #79
Allio
Foot Elite

Hope not. "switching powers" was one of the worst aspects of the Power Rangers/Justice League comic (in an already dull comic)
Old 09-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #80
Allio
Foot Elite

NYCC preview cover