The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Do you think Neca will ever produce a set of 2k3 tmnt figures?

Is it possible that Neca could produce a set of the 4Kids/2k3 designs at the next upcoming comic con? Is this in their charter? I know they mentioned on twitter that really the goal as far as the tmnt line goes is to stick with the early stuff, but outside of some side characters and villians from the earlier entries, there really isn't a lot of 80's 90's era stuff to make. They also stated that they have no plans to make any figures from the second and third movies so already right there we are missing out on a huge market for figures from that period. It just seems to me that a 2k3 set is inevitable. I mean they can't just wave off these other tmnt properties if they have any hope of making a profit. Plus isn't there a saying that goes "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? Surely the older the 2k3 license becomes then the more likely it is we will see figures from the show?
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

It's possible, in the way that all things are possible, but not at all likely. Randy has consistently turned down the idea of doing anything post-2000, wanting only to tap into the nostalgia of old Turtlemania. So I would expect more Fred Wolf, more New Line Cinema, more Mirage, maybe Archie, etc. Believe me, there's enough for them to keep that up.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

They would make good figs, be nice if they did all versions, would cost some fans a fortune though
2012 at least got Revoltech, did 2k3 get any figs other than the standard toys store figs?

Last edited by newfan; 12-02-2018 at 12:46 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd love some good ones that closely resemble the actual cartoon designs around the scale of typical Turtle figures. (Or at least no more than 6".)

I don't own any from that series, and though they're decent looking and I've been meaning to grab at least one from eBay someday, I think the lack of motivation so far is mostly because they don't really look near enough to the actual designs in the series. Would be awesome if someone produced some that are series accurate.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'd love some good ones that closely resemble the actual cartoon designs around the scale of typical Turtle figures. (Or at least no more than 6".)

I don't own any from that series, and though they're decent looking and I've been meaning to grab at least one from eBay someday, I think the lack of motivation so far is mostly because they don't really look near enough to the actual designs in the series. Would be awesome if someone produced some that are series accurate.
If the style guide from Turtles Forever is anything to go by, then the 4Kids turtles are about a foot taller than their 87 and comic book counterparts, which would make them about equal in height to the 7" movie tmnt figures when translated into toy form. But I think by the finale of that cartoon series the 2k3 turtles were pretty much young adults at that point. Like late teens/early twenties.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

2K3 toys made by Neca will be great!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #7
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

what if it was done by sh figuarts. if this happen you could put it with 80s and the 1990 movie figures it would be the right height.
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I don't see a set of 2k3 turtles by neca coming anytime soon.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

They definitely should. But I highly doubt they ever will. If anything, they should just do a Same as it Never Was Mike, Raph, Leo 3 pack! They could say it’s one of their exclusive limited release sets. I bet it would sell out on the website store in under a minute. Then 6 months later they could sell them individually at game stop lol.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote