Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 05:23 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
It was Yumiko.
That's it! Thank you! She's quite the badass, though she probably won't survive this war.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:31 AM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Hmmhmm yep, someone take that sword from Karai ASAP. She hasn't been okay since she got that thing.

But...there's no way Stockman has been in league with Null for "years". Especially with Utroms being such a surprise for him early on.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-31-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:47 AM   #43
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Neat easter egg I guess but not sure much will come out of it seeing how they're clearly in danger here...

Though to be fair, I was a little worried that we'd be seeing tickling torture and a fake treasure hunt, but then the arrows hit and all was right with the world.

Also, funny how Hun really don't like the idea of mutating.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:48 AM   #44
daggio
Foot Soldier

Maybe next issue is when Leatherhead appears. Last we saw him it looked like he was about to confront Splinter. Now with Splinter needing help maybe this'll be the right moment for Leatherhead to strike.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:09 AM   #45
Allio
Foot Elite

I posted it last thread, but it was at the end of the thread's life span so I don't know if many saw it. But I did the jennika video.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:17 AM   #46
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
Hmmhmm yep, someone take that sword from Karai ASAP. She hasn't been okay since she got that thing.
It seemed like she was OK up until the discussion with Splinter turned to the orphans, then everything quickly went downhill from there. Hell, even Kitsune trying to convince Karai of Splinter being bad wasn't enough.

With that said, the sword probably is feeding off of Karai's anger.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Big Louie and the Turteli stand in are used as fodder? I like Louie. Potential for a wider criminal syndicate.

Splinter desires revenge? I saw it more like taking care of your own. Distract with tending to the wounded to allow resources to be diverted from having a fortified base.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:43 AM   #48
Igglet

At this point, I'm most excited about Splinter vs. Karai, as well as seeing where they take Hun.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:05 AM   #49
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The Null/Stockman alliance is quite intriguing.

Splinter slaughtering a buncha useless 87' mobster cameos was delightful. They only ever had potential as cannon fodder anyway.

Hun's a wonderful jerk. Good to know he's still a terrible person. And the Casey/Jennika drama is stupid, but whatever ends the relationship quickest. Make it so.

And Karai really has gone full psycho, hasn't she? Crazy ex-girlfriend levels of psycho.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:16 AM   #50
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I posted it last thread, but it was at the end of the thread's life span so I don't know if many saw it. But I did the jennika video.
Quit spamming your clickbait.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:38 AM   #51
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Maybe next issue is when Leatherhead appears. Last we saw him it looked like he was about to confront Splinter. Now with Splinter needing help maybe this'll be the right moment for Leatherhead to strike.
It didn't look to me like he was about confront Splinter at all, more like he was just watching from the shadows and shocked at what he was witnessing, as he usually is when it comes to violence. Unless, y'know, he's the one inflicting it.

Regarding this issue, the two high points were definitely Casey and Hun's reaction to Jennika's mutation and Splinter's confrontation with Karai. I had high hopes for the meeting between Stockman and Null, but it seems the future Mayor isn't so keen on committing to alien-looking employers anymore. I could be wrong, but it seems we won't see the five Turtles in action until after this arc. Jennika still has a lot to process, and the brothers can't afford to wait around for her to come to terms with her transformation given Splinter's precarious situation. And on that note, whatever happened to the rest of the Elite Foot?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:45 AM   #52
Damo
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Splinter slaughtering a buncha useless 87' mobster cameos was delightful. They only ever had potential as cannon fodder anyway.

Hun's a wonderful jerk. Good to know he's still a terrible person. And the Casey/Jennika drama is stupid, but whatever ends the relationship quickest. Make it so.

And Karai really has gone full psycho, hasn't she? Crazy ex-girlfriend levels of psycho.
I rather liked Casey & Jennika. Healthier than the mess with April...
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:45 AM   #53
Igglet

I think we'll see Jennika in action after she's donned her bandanna.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:00 AM   #54
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I think we'll see Jennika in action after she's donned her bandanna.
In action? Yes. Alongside the other four? 50/50. She'll probably sit out whatever form of confrontation happens in #97 and she's not with the others on the cover of #100, so the odds aren't good. But I really want to see her taking her revenge on Karai.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:13 AM   #55
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Quit spamming your clickbait.
I’d hardly call a repost “spamming”
Old 07-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

Exclamation

This issue went by a little too quick and not that much happened, felt more like a breather issue of the aftermath of Jennika. The Baxter/Null stuff feels like more set up for a future Null plotline that won’t happen till after issue 100 like all of Null’s appearances are just build-up to future plot lines we won’t see for months or years down the line. We’ll be on issue 150 still waiting for Null’s plotline to actually “start.”

The gangster killing scenes were great but that’s all; and I feel like Karai going crazy really doesn’t make much sense especially after the Leonardo macro but I guess we’ll see. Hun and Hob are loveable jerks, they better be careful not to get themselves killed, lol.

No Bishop and Metalhead this time, guess it’s hard to squeeze both him and Karai’s arcs into the same issue. Likewise Leatherhead and Fugitoid/Neutrino pages from issues back haven’t been followed up on yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:00 PM   #57
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
So they're leaving Jennika in the hands of Nobody and Alopex, huh? Really starting to get worried you all are going to do what I was dreading you were going to do. Please don't dumpster your new character onto this do-nothing girl power team like you did Alopex.
Cloudrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
Spoiler:
So they're leaving Jennika in the hands of Nobody and Alopex, huh? Really starting to get worried you all are going to do what I was dreading you were going to do. Please don't dumpster your new character onto this do-nothing girl power team like you did Alopex.
I personally found Angel the most interesting when she just had a bad attitude and a pair of escrima.

And, as many are probably sick of hearing, I preferred Alopex when she was a terrifying nightmare fox, not some cute l'il fluffball. I do like the Angel/Alopex duo, though.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:52 PM   #59
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Leave Big Louie out of it and I will give you the rest. Am I the only one who saw potential in his Godfather-like position?

Splinter ordered the Mafia murders? Dang, the rat is not hesitant. I still don't like Karai's comment about Splinter focusing on revenge when he is instead about taking care of family.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:06 PM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Leave Big Louie out of it and I will give you the rest. Am I the only one who saw potential in his Godfather-like position?
You are the only one. Big Louie sucks and got more than the silly '87 caricature ever deserved.