The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Spyro The Dragon Trilogy Remaster Reportedly In The Works

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...y-in-the-works

A Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster is reportedly coming to PlayStation 4 as a timed exclusive in Q3 2018.

According to Kotaku UK, the remastered trilogy will include Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. The three games will reportedly feature all-new assets, lighting, animations, and cinematics; a remastered soundtrack; an overhaul to the originals' save systems; and PlayStation 4 Pro support. An official announcement is expected next month.

The exclusivity deal will reportedly last one year, allowing the collection to be released on other platforms in 2019. The report also claims Sony made a similar one-year deal with Activision on the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, meaning that collection should come to other platforms later this year.

According to one Kotaku source, the Spyro trilogy will be released in September, which would line up with the series' 20-year anniversary. Vicarious Visions, the Activision-owned studio behind the Crash trilogy, is said to be developing the Spyro collection.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

Topics on unconfirmed rumors. Makes sense.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

It's an unconfirmed rumor no more.

https://www.spyrothedragon.com/

Only available on PS4 and XB1, but hopefully it's only a timed exclusive and it gets a Switch and PC release next year. This would be a perfect game for my niece.

It's cool that they got Spyro's voice actor, Tom Kenny, from Spyro 2 and 3 back. Not even the Crash Trilogy remake managed to bring back any of the voice cast from the original games.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #5
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m here for Spyro on PS4 & Switch.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:35 AM   #6
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
It's an unconfirmed rumor no more.

https://www.spyrothedragon.com/

It's cool that they got Spyro's voice actor, Tom Kenny, from Spyro 2 and 3 back. Not even the Crash Trilogy remake managed to bring back any of the voice cast from the original games.
Neeeaat.

And yeah, I was sad that the original VA's for the old Crash Bandicoot games didn't return to the N Sane Trilogy. I think Clancy Brown is still in the VA business. I read (from a Youtube commenter) that Michael Ensign retired. I'm not sure what Mel Winkler or Brendan O'Brien are doing nowadays.

The other VA's sound okay. I thought that it was cool to hear Lex Lang and Debi Derryberry reprise their former roles.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

The Nintendo UK Store had the game available for pre-order on the Nintendo Switch. You can Google it and see that the page is still up, but it's no longer accessible.

Some are speculating that the Switch port reveal is being saved for a Nintendo Direct, some are speculating that a Switch port was planned but cancelled, while others are speculating it's only a timed exclusive and a Switch Port will come out next year. Either way I hope we get a Switch port sometime in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Neeeaat.

And yeah, I was sad that the original VA's for the old Crash Bandicoot games didn't return to the N Sane Trilogy. I think Clancy Brown is still in the VA business. I read (from a Youtube commenter) that Michael Ensign retired. I'm not sure what Mel Winkler or Brendan O'Brien are doing nowadays.

The other VA's sound okay. I thought that it was cool to hear Lex Lang and Debi Derryberry reprise their former roles.
Well Clancy Brown is the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob so of course he's still in the business. I don't think Michael Ensign retired since his IMDB shows he's still active, though he hasn't done any video game voice work since Infamous 2 released in 2011. Mel Winkler's IMDB page shows he hasn't been in anything since 2008, but Brendan O'Brien said in an interview back in 2012 that he'd like to return.

But yeah I thought everyone in the remake was good and I was also happy to hear Debi Derryberry and Lex Lang return. Jess Harnell surprised me with how well he was able to mimic Brendan O'Brien. The only two voices I found off were Ripper Roo, though only because the original laugh was just so iconic, and Doctor Nitrus Brio. in the original N. Brio had a more higher crazy-like voice, in the remake I find his voice is too subdued and calm for someone that's supposed to stutter and laugh uncontrollably. I don't fault the voice actor because it's Maurice LaMarche, one of the most versatile performers in the business who I know can do a voice much closer to the original, but who ever was in charge of casting and/or directing for having him just do his standard Orson Wells/Vincent Price impression...which is always a delight to hear mind you. It's just that I don't think that style of voice perfectly matches a zany character like Doctor N. Brio. Even then I think that's just a minor nitpick and I did overall enjoy the performance.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:13 AM   #8
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I forgot that Clancy Brown voices Mr. Krabs (and probably other characters as well outside of Spongebob. My bad.)
I would like to see Brendan O'Brien make a comeback. (O'Brien killed it as Pinstripe Potoroo, but I also liked that he voiced N Gin in Warped.)

I had a couple of the PS2 Spyro games, but none of the PS1 games. So, I'm curious to see how the remake gets done, despite the fact I've yet to get a PS4. *Although it would be a good 'reason' to pick up a console.*
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:00 AM   #9
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Never played the original but getting three games for the price of one and dragons are among my favorite mythical creatures. So I think I will give this one a try.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:41 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I forgot that Clancy Brown voices Mr. Krabs (and probably other characters as well outside of Spongebob. My bad.)
I would like to see Brendan O'Brien make a comeback. (O'Brien killed it as Pinstripe Potoroo, but I also liked that he voiced N Gin in Warped.)

I had a couple of the PS2 Spyro games, but none of the PS1 games. So, I'm curious to see how the remake gets done, despite the fact I've yet to get a PS4. *Although it would be a good 'reason' to pick up a console.*

I know him more thsn anything as Lex Luthor, even if in voice only. Just as iconic as Conroy's Batman or Hamill's Joker. Also, don't forget he was the only of Shredder's 2012 henchmen to have a sad ending. Clancy appears as Robert McNamara in a new movie I saw last night, Chappaquiddick.

Spyro was one of rhevearly save your progress games. I played the first two heavily on the PlayStation back in middle school.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #11
drgon78
Mad Scientist

So how fun is each game?

How difficult is each game?

Wich game do you think is best?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote