The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #821
newfan
Mad Scientist

Hmm another show, I only keep up with the others in the crossovers tbh.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #822
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Well, that's surprising.

Would still like to see an actual Batman appearance on TV though.
Or Green Lantern.

It's so weird to me. WB hasn't put out a Batman movie in 6 years and is no closer than they were a year or two ago to putting one out; they're so scared to touch Green Lantern that they didn't even bother to include him on the roster of "Justice League" despite being a founding member in every iteration. Yet... "You can't use Batman on TV because it might confuse people that watch Batman in the movies!"? What, the Nolan ones from a decade ago? Eh, whatever. But what is it for Green Lantern? I mean, is it, "Don't use Green Lantern on TV because... we... might use him again in 3, 4 years! Maybe, probably not! But... just in case, don't use him!" Hal Jordan is supposed to be Oliver Queen's best friend, for sh**'s sake.

So weird.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #823
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Arrow is also moving to Mondays
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #824
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or Green Lantern.

It's so weird to me. WB hasn't put out a Batman movie in 6 years and is no closer than they were a year or two ago to putting one out; they're so scared to touch Green Lantern that they didn't even bother to include him on the roster of "Justice League" despite being a founding member in every iteration. Yet... "You can't use Batman on TV because it might confuse people that watch Batman in the movies!"? What, the Nolan ones from a decade ago? Eh, whatever. But what is it for Green Lantern? I mean, is it, "Don't use Green Lantern on TV because... we... might use him again in 3, 4 years! Maybe, probably not! But... just in case, don't use him!" Hal Jordan is supposed to be Oliver Queen's best friend, for sh**'s sake.

So weird.
The DC film/TV executives make about as much sense as a roomful of koalas on LSD. I mean, it's entertaining to watch the chaos for a little while... but it sure as sh!t ain't good business.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #825
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just watched the season premiere of the latest season of "Arrow."

Wow. So bad. They've spun like a million subplots right off the bat, none of them interesting.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #826
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just watched the season premiere of the latest season of "Arrow."

Wow. So bad. They've spun like a million subplots right off the bat, none of them interesting.
Is this for the latest season?

I got bored during this one and fed up with some of the characters, my recordings would start to pile up before I watched them. Anyway it seems to have picked up a little for me again towards the end, still part 2 of the finale to go here.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:58 AM   #827
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Is this for the latest season?
Yeah, latest. Saw 2nd episode earlier today... still yikes. And killing off William's mom just so Oliver can play dad, all bad. It feels as cheap as it did in the latest Fast & Furious movie where they killed off a longstanding character so that Vin Diesel can do the same thing with a baby he never knew he had.

You can just hear the writers room. "Wouldn't be so new and fresh to see Oliver having to be a father suddenly, all on his own??"

And "uh oh... everyone thinks Ollie is Arrow!!" Again? This is like the third time. Maybe the fourth.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:13 AM   #828
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, latest. Saw 2nd episode earlier today... still yikes. And killing off William's mom just so Oliver can play dad, all bad. It feels as cheap as it did in the latest Fast & Furious movie where they killed off a longstanding character so that Vin Diesel can do the same thing with a baby he never knew he had.

You can just hear the writers room. "Wouldn't be so new and fresh to see Oliver having to be a father suddenly, all on his own??"

And "uh oh... everyone thinks Ollie is Arrow!!" Again? This is like the third time. Maybe the fourth.
Yeah remaining hidden isn't a strong point .... also the dad thing was kinda predictable.
One predicable route for a character in this series I liked though.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:49 AM   #829
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

11 episodes into the latest season now. Still awful! The bad guy is lame, Evil Black Canary is a joke, and the Team Arrow drama is wearing really thin on me.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:17 AM   #830
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw the season finale.

Ehhh... this could have been so much better. The death of Quentin Lance wasn't handled right at all. It should have been, the FAKE Laurel Lance remained conflicted the whole last half of the season, but still with a glimmer of redemption in her eye. Then her dad sacrifices himself for her and that's the big moment where she realizes who she used to be was bullsh**. Instead, it barely even seems to register for FAKE Laurel, and even at his actual deathbed she's not even crying. Big missed opportunity. Could have been really powerful.

I don't like Ricardo Diaz at all. The actor is... OK. Not as good or intense as the Prometheus guy last season, and not as athletic. There really wasn't anything particularly special about him at all (I think the producers were holding out for a big name to play Diaz, but when that didn't happen we're just stuck with this guy). I didn't buy that he is supposed to be a bigger badass or threat than Prometheus at all. I also didn't buy that Laurel was scared of him... surely she could catch him off-guard in a hallway somewhere and just Canary Cry right into his ear anytime, right?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #831
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Minor thing. In the 2nd to latest Arrow ep... Oliver chastises Felicity and acts super shocked that she has a pistol. Even that she would be able to get one. And then he gets more shocked when she tells him.

Are these Canadian writers, now? Star City is supposed to be in America. And beyond some crazy states you can go to a store and buy a gun as long as you pass the FBI check.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:44 PM   #832
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Arrow gets an 8th Season

https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-cw-...al-1202546919/
Old 03-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #833
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm freaking out that Adrian Paul -- the Highlander himself -- has been revealed as the big bad of this season as of the latest episode! Too cool!

And he gets to be all murdery, too.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #834
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

It's official, the next season of Arrow will be the last: https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/sta...26963849527302

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #835
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
It's official, the next season of Arrow will be the last: https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/sta...26963849527302

Yay Green Arrow and Black Canary deserve better
Old 03-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #836
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder if they'll fold everything into some kind of "Team Arrow" series.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #837
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Nice, I'm glad this show can wrap up before going on too long. Arrow is dope so I hope it gets a dope ending.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #838
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Nice, I'm glad this show can wrap up before going on too long. Arrow is dope so I hope it gets a dope ending.
It is... kind of getting a little bit tired, isn't it? Hopefully he'll occasionally pop up in other stuff from time to time (Flash, the yearly crossover deal, etc.).
Old 03-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #839
newfan
Mad Scientist

I wondered if that would be the case and if it would have ended sooner if not for the other shows, I don't watch them but I hear they are doing better?. I'll keep watching and hope they do a good last series still but I haven't kept up as enthusiastically as I used to. I've Enjoyed more than I haven't though tbh.

Last edited by newfan; 03-06-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #840
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
It is... kind of getting a little bit tired, isn't it? Hopefully he'll occasionally pop up in other stuff from time to time (Flash, the yearly crossover deal, etc.).
If the latest crossover was any indication, we might not be seeing Oliver following the events of Crisis.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote