The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2023, 05:51 PM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

Cut Scenes (As Seen In Leaked Storyboards)

LIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD!

So if you read the leaked storyboards & then went to see this movie, you surely noticed that some scenes were cut out. I don't have the leaks handy to compare with my memory of the flick, but right off the bat I can think of two scenes that were omitted, & one that was altered.

-Supafly was going to be Rat King, at some point. The scene where April shows the turtles her investigation board in the school after hours discusses Rat King as being the currently acting terror of Manhattan, not Supafly. The scene is the same in the movie, but the character's name is switched out. To what extent he was connected to Baxter Stockman, if at all, remains unknown. Seems like they made this change pretty far into development, which might explain why Baxter's scene is so short.

-You know that Playmates costumed turtle four-pack? Well, the storyboards featured a scene with those designs. I don't recall the exact context, but it seemed like they were researching something on a computer while dressed up, perhaps sneaking into a classroom while at a Halloween dance, maybe? Gone altogether from the film.

-Supafly, his band of mutants, & Cynthia Utrom never met in this film, while in the storyboards, there was a HUGE scene to that end. Ray fillet gets de-mutated & everything. Dunno what happened there.

What other differences did you discover/realize?

I believe the "They look like baby Shreks to me" line from the trailer was also cut out. I don't remember seeing it on-screen during their fight at the chop shop.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:31 PM   #2
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

The line wasnt omitted from the film at the chop shop i remember seeing it in the film.

I read some of the chapter book their selling at target and happened to open it up to two different places where i didnt regonize it being in the film.

1. Was splinter barging in the turtles room to see what they were up to catching them in some type of disguises (most likely the ones your referring to).

2. Was right after spinter threw the surprise party for them but they brushed him off. In the book when they met back up with april they were shown to be remorseful for how they blew him off and was questioning if they were doing the right thing by keeping things from him.

Im not sure why they ommitted the second because i feel like it adds weight to the emotional points of the film and makes aprils statements later on about knowing her motives were wrong have more meaning.

Also seen a leaked design for rat king and his design was used for the guy that raph punches out even after he talks in the big fight montage.

This guy here in the orange jacket.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230803_203036_Samsung Internet.jpg (37.2 KB, 23 views)
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:42 PM   #3
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Also something really small raph saying it was kinda cool when april was saying supafly kills people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Side note but I remember hearing about test footage that had the turtles skating and even 2 posters showed the turtles with skateboards but they never skated in the movie. I wonder why?
I aslo remember seth rogen talking about how the turtles all have different ways they get around. Donnie had a bike leo a scooter dont know what raph was supposed to have and mikey a skateoard.
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:54 PM   #4
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

all these cuts were for the best, the only thing the film lacks is more time with Turtles, Splinter, Bebop & Rocksteady.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 05:02 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

A lot of concept art has been trickling out since the film's release, I wanna try to gather as much of it as I can to compare with the final product. Seems a whoooole lot of things were changed over time. There were even 3 different kinds of Mutagen at one point, green, purple, & an iridescent one. Baxter's lab was a set they'd have been in at 3 intervals throughout the movie, too. Supafly WAS Baxter at one point, & the giant kaiju he transforms into was once its own separate entity, as well.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 05:38 PM   #6
Allio
Foot Elite

Edit: nvm, wrong topic
Old 08-08-2023, 11:44 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

I think some leaked concept art confirms that Rat King had his name changed to "Bad Bernie" in the final movie. Don't know if that means they're saving for him to become the Rat King in a future movie or if they decided it would just be lame for the Rat King to be some random gangster.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:05 PM   #8
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'd like to commend Powder on the new signature banner
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 05:19 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Didn't all the mutants de-mutate in the original draft?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 03:02 AM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Didn't all the mutants de-mutate in the original draft?
With the exception of the Turtles, Splinter and possibly Scumbug, yes.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 07:06 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can they just go ahead and officially release those storyboards now that leaked... So now I can see that second batch I avoided looking at.

Kinda sad the MURDER BOARD no longer bared that named in the movie. And that the school scene with it was cut short. Seemed like there was less point in them going there. April could have just taken photos of her board with her phone and showed them.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 09:54 PM   #12
sdp
-

It does seem like a lot of decisions were made late in the game, even in some interviews they mention it. One I can remember is how Baxter was originally Superfly which is why the toy has Baxter's clothes, but that was changed later but the toy had already made it too far to be changed.

It's too bad they didn't/they don't make a video game for the movie, that surely would've included some stuff. The Platinum Dunes movie game for the Nintendo DS still had Eric Sacks as Shredder for example. How does the Jr Novelization differ since that one had to be written by an earlier script.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote